“Cheap, nice continental breakfast but broken!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #54 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Dublin, California
“Cheap, nice continental breakfast but broken!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I made a reservation for 2 rooms for myself and my son and his family and other friends booked here too and while all 3 rooms were the same style, the level of acceptability were very different. My rooms was "acceptable" as it was clean but very old and worn out. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a rocket ship taking off, but the room was "ok" for a $51 a night room. My son's room was barely acceptable and in need of repairs, but our friends room? It was completely unacceptable with a broken door that needed to be lifted on to the hinges in order to close it. There were holes in the curtains where the sunlight would pour in and it was by all means one of the worst hotel rooms I've ever seen and they even paid $20 a night more! I saw the rooms for myself which is why I'm writing this review for all 3 rooms.

The location was easy to drive to but no where near the main gate so very deceiving to have this in the name of the hotel listing. The continental breakfast was a step above as they had waffles and cereal whereas most places that say continental breakfast only offer danish/juice.
/coffee items.

I'm being generous in giving it a poor rating, but, for the price and location, as long as you get an "acceptable" room, it's would be ok if you are only looking for a place to shower and sleep! Oh.....the shower....the shower heads are at about 5 ft. so not an easy task to shower for anyone that is tall!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I planned a trip to Disney and made reservations for this hotel (just want a clean place to sleep). The web-site told me that they provided shuttle service to and from the Disney parks. I tried to call them a week in advance for further details about the shuttle. The first time I called (pre-check in business hours) I was placed on hold for over 5 minuets. The second time...hold again. The 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th calls they didn't answer - just hung up. On my 7th call (almost 30 minutes later) I got a rude greating and promptly told that they did not provide shuttle service.

I am not looking forward to our stay with them. I can not believe that such a simple customer service experiance has turned into my first on-line negative review of a hotel. If I had the option of cancelling and being refunded, I would make other hotel arrangements.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Yosemite National Park, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is a great hotel if your expectations correspond with the price. We went in with relatively low expectations and found our needs met. The room was clean, but in need of minor repairs, such as significantly worn spots on the carpet. I asked both with the reservation and in person for a quiet room, and if we were given a quiet room, then there are NO quiet rooms on the property.

I rated the service as "poor" because the person at the front desk when we checked in was very unhelpful and unfriendly. He did not even acknowledge my presence for a marked amount of time even though I was the only one standing at the desk and in the lobby beside himself. During the entire check-in, I did not feel welcome. If he had been more hospitable, I would have asked about the possibility of a quieter room at the back of the property for our stay rather than spend three long nights listening to the traffic that sounded like it was right outside our door. (The a/c & heater fan does not stay on to assist with "white noise.") Bring some clothes pins to hold the drapes closed.

A different person was at the desk for our departure, and he had a much more hospitable demeanor.

The fact that there is not a "Resort Fee" is a plus for the area, although we paid $15/day for parking to go to the park (which allows in/out privileges.)

Breakfast was sufficient - breads, cold and hot cereals, waffles (no hard boiled eggs) in addition to the standard coffee, milk, juice. The only fruit offered was apples.

I would recommend this hotel for those looking for the best economical deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Anaheim Maingate North? Share your experiences!