“Good hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #51 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim
“Good hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Red Lion Hotel in Anaheim. Walking distance to Disneyland, grocery stores and The CheeseCake Factory.
The room was clean, beds comfortable, bathroom updated.
Microwave and small refrigerator was provided.
Our son enjoyed the smores made at the pool area on Friday night.
Hotel restaurant on the other hand was a disaster. We paid for breakfast on our first day and regretted we went there. Two gentlemen working there don't know what is a customer service. I understand it was a buffet and we didn't expect anything else but coffee and warm milk for our child. By the time we returned from the buffet to our table it was already taken by other guests and the waiter didn't say anything but served them our drinks. We sat at the other table and asked him for new coffee and warm milk but he refused to serve us because our table was in the section that belonged to another waiter. The other waiter spent hours in the kitchen. We were almost done with our breakfast when we finally got our coffee, hot water and cocoa mix instead warm milk. No creamer and sugar. Both gentleman was moving slowly between the tables setting them up.
You'll get a better breakfast and service at nearby Ihop.
The hotel Yes, Red Pasta restaurant definitely NO.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I am disappointed to read about what happened during your stay. Rest assured that your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and I have personally spoken to our Director of Food and Beverage to immediately address your concern. Please accept my sincerest apologies for what you experienced. I hope that you will stay with us again and please let me know if I can be of assistance. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from my trip to Anaheim, which was focused around the psychotherapy conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. Location-wise, staying at Red Lion was extremely convenient, as it's right across the street from the Center, about a 5min walk.

The check-in process was very fast & straight-forward, and the staff at the desk were very helpful throughout my stay. I had some questions about the plumbing & heating for example, & they sent their engineer over to my room within 10min of my inquiry. They, as well as the staff at the restaurant, were also both friendly & well-informed.

I mostly have positive things to say about my experience; the bathroom & my room in general were very clean, which is always THE most important thing for me. Noise levels were acceptable, & the bed mattress & pillows were really comfortable. There is a 7/11 about 5min away, & a number of eating options, mostly fast-food.

Now a few things that I think could be improved: the closet space is very small, which was fine for me staying alone, but I was in a room with 2 queen-size beds, so with 2 or more people in that room it would be very hard to keep clothes in there. There is a coffee machine in the room which is nice, but I would have preferred a water kettle as I mostly drink tea, and it would have been nice to have a box of complimentary tea bags in the room (I bought some at the 7/11). Breakfast was quite tasty, but it could use a much more diverse offering of food and drinks, & to have them rotated more often. Otherwise I am not sure that the price of $10.75 is justified.

All in all, after a full day of talks & presentations at the Convention Center, The Red Lion Hotel was a friendly & pleasant place to return to.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodations were to your satisfaction. Just to share with you that the hotel does provide regular coffee, decaf coffee, and tea with our Keurig Coffeemakers. If you have a preference for more of a specific type, please let us know. We will gladly trade the other types for the one you would prefer. Also, we are looking into new offerings with our breakfast buffet. I hope that the next time you stay with us you will find our new offerings to your liking. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your next with us. Best regards!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Staff was nice and helpful. Rooms were clean, furniture is a bit dated. All in all I was satisfied, I had 4 rooms for 4 nights and I didn't like the size of the rooms for the price you pay, and there are no dressers only slots to put your things. close enough for me to Disneyland.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback, as we always looking for ways to improve our service and offerings. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back again in the near future. Best regards!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Parking per day was $14 which we thought was too much for this caliber of hotels. Not sure what others in the vicinity are charging. Breakfast was not worth $10 a person even tho' it was all you can eat.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that your stay was not to your expectations. I do want to assure you that our parking charge is comparable to the hotels in the area. Disney charges $16 without in and privileges. Our parking is $14 is valid overnight and up to 12am the day of checkout with in and our privileges. Also, we are looking in to ways to provide a better value for our breakfast buffet. I hope that you will visit us again and give us another try. Best regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

It is a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Easy walk to Disney. We are planning on going back when we go to disney next time. I would recommend the is hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you so much for the great review! We so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We appreciate your business, and hope you have the chance to visit us in the near future. Best regards!
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Room was modern, spacious; bathroom was nice and clean. Parking is simple (but extra as anywhere else in the area).
Went in looking for a value stay; and found a hidden gem.
The hoytel has an outdoor pool (which we did not use) and ample parking. The place was clean throughout and rooms and bathrooms were comfortable and modern

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay! Please keep us in mind the next time you visit the Anaheim area! Best regards!
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel is great! Friendly staff, especially ELSIE! We stay here every time we come to Disneyland (twice a year). We will definitely stay again in July but I am pushing the hubby for another hotel next December ONLY because there is no jacuzzi. It would be perfect if I was able to soak my tired legs after long days at the Magic Kingdom!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us and for acknowledging the great service of Elsie! I have read your feedback regarding a Jacuzzi. I will share your comment with our Management Team and I hope that we can incorporate your suggestion in our future plans. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you continue to stay with us in the future. Best regards!