“Great value for money!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Australia
“Great value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed at the Red Lion for 3 nights early September to visit the Disney parks. Location wise it's closer to Disneyland than I expected -- 15 min walk to entrance but the past few days there has been a heatwave so we decided to catch the ART shuttles to the park.

The pool area is very nice although on our first day there were tons of bees flying outside our window (above the pool area). Found out later the exterminators had been to destroy a bees nest on the roof.

Rooms are modern, beds are comfy and bathroom is a good size too.

The concierge was not very knowledgable. We wanted to catch the ART to The Outlets at Orange but he sent us to the wrong place to catch it so we so we spent a while walking in the scorching heat trying to find it.

My only issue with the room was the hair dryer supplied was not very good -- was no heat coming out of it (cold air!) And then after 5 mins of use smoke came out it and a burning smell. I was worried so I pulled it out of the power socket. So dangerous! Will speak to manger about this..

• Stayed September 2013
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. First and foremost, I want to apologize for the hair dryer. The safety of our guest is a priority to us. In a situation like that, please know we will do everything we can to correct the issue and replace the hair dryer. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Again, my sincerest apologies for all the trouble you experienced. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Mateo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

There is really nothing special about the hotel. It's an older building that has been cleaned up and remodeled to fit the times. The rooms where comfortable and clean. Staff was courteous, friendly and parking was convenient and safe. Hotel is a good 15-minute walk to the Disneyland's main entrance. The other options is a shuttle, which costs $5.

I did have 3 issues with the our stay...
- There was a visible beehive under the roof and right over the pool. Bees where clearly present while we swam and kids had to be on guard. There were dead bees in and around the pool.
- Our room had a distinct smell of cleaning solutions, or something of that nature. We got used to the smell once we were in room for a few minutes. I wish the hotel used something that was more gentle on the nose.
- Our refrigerator had to be replaced the first evening we were there. Hotel staff tried to repair it and try to convince me that small refrigerators do not get cold like our house one. I insisted on getting it replaced. The new one worked much better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to read about the challenges you experienced. I will be sure to have conversation with our vendors regarding the cleaning solutions we use to service our rooms. If there is something that we can use that is more pleasant to the nose, we will definitely look into it. I am pleased to read that you did enjoy the other features and amenities of the hotel. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Anaheim. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Best regards!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful when needed (always a smile on their faces). From check in with Irman, to the breakfast café staff, Elsie, Jose and the rest, to the parking lot person William, the room cleaner, the night crew and Cesar assisting bus riders with useful information. . The hotel itself is located in front of 2nd remote Disneyland guest parking lot next block which is just about 5minute walk or so -very convenient. There you could ride the free Park shuttle. Or if you want you could walk from the hotel to the Park from15 mins to 25 or so, it is not that far. The hotel breakfast buffet selection is common but clean, there could have been variety everyday but I am sure you could preorder your own food if desired, the staff though makes everything pleasant. The room is clean, nice smell of the hallway. My wife and I discussed our stay in the hotel and it seemed it is the best choice we made for our needs. It is great value for money, be a member to have better price as well. Strategic location, friendly staff, great service and nice and clean hotel. My family and I would stay again if around the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel. It brings me great pride to know that you acknowledged our staff for their hard work. I also am proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and I hope to have you back again in the near future! Best regards!
Foresthill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This Hotel was just ok, A best Western would've been a better choice. I picked this because it was free with airline points we earned, But it was alot of points wasted. Anyway the staff was very nice and friendly. Upon entering the seperate building of the hotel, No air conditioning in the hallways, very hot and humid. Once in the room we cranked the air and was cool. Brought food back to eat in the room and find the fridge did not work. For some reason the disposable coffee mugs stunk sooo bad, could not drink the coffee. Oh and the water on tap is disgusting. There is a seven 11 down the street I recommend buying bottled water, FYI. The bottom of the tub was dirty, Hair dryer force was like someone physically blowing in your hair. We were surprised they did not clean our room after we left for the next night, i.e replenish towels, coffee, making bed etc.Did not eat there breakfast, everytime we smelled it, it smelled like catfood. Oh and we saw a huge Cockroach in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am disappointed to read about your experience and I sincerely apologize. I will be investigating your concerns and I will be taking the appropriate measures to address them. Thank you again for letting me know about your stay. I hope that you will give us another chance to regain your business. Best regards!
Marrakech, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We reserved three rooms at three different rate categories in May for a trip in August. The reservation process was quite painless along with the help of an on-line chat to answer a few questions. Our travel party was 4 children and 3 adults. Arrival was approximately 3:00pm on a Tuesday. Check in was a bit slow as one of the pre-blocked rooms needed to be changed because of maintenance work. After the 6 hour drive we decided to check out the pool and quickly changed. The outside area is a bit bland with moveable lounges and 2 fire pits with lounge seats. As the evening wore on we decided to stay at the pool and order dinner and cocktails around the fire pits and hopefully catch the Disney fireworks. Gloria was extremely accommodating. As we were eating the Hotel Manager came out to check on guests and during our conversation with him he uncovered that we would be departing Friday thus missing S'mores night. He excused himself and within minutes returned with S'mores for our entire party. It was such a special touch and put a smile on all of our faces. We spent our days at Disney and evening around the fire pit and in pool for dinner. Breakfast was included in two of our rate plans so we did have breakfast downstairs each morning prior to returning to Disney. Food is not overly impressive, but the salads at nice were fresh, crunchy and included garlic bread. The breakfast was fine, we just would hope for a few more fruit and cereal options as well as yogurt. While the hotel has been renovated recently, our rooms were not spotless. Water stains on leather frame on bathroom window in all rooms. Beds comfortable with new sheets. Refrigerators and microwaves are in each room. We would absolutely return for our next trip to Disney.

Room Tip: You have the option to pay additional for fireworks room, however you can also view from the pool ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank for staying with us. I was so happy to read that Frank, our Evening Manager, helped create a wonderful memory for your family by enjoying s’mores poolside. I want to apologize for the challenges that you experienced, but I appreciate your feedback. I will be partnering with our Housekeeping Team to address the items you mentioned. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Again, thank you for staying with us! Best regards!
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family travels to Disneyland at least once a year, and the Red Lion is always our first choice in hotels. It is close to the Park, the rooms are updated and always clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We have stayed in other hotels nearby, but you won't find a better value than this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It brings me great joy knowing that we are your hotel of choice when staying in Anaheim. Please let me know if you ever need assistance with reservations. Until your next stay with us, best regards!
Pomfret, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Red Lion Hotel is a smart choice for people who are going to Anaheim. The Convention Center and Disneyland are both within easy walking distance. It was easy to go back to the room when I needed a break. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and, it was quiet. There is a good selection of restaurants in the area. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are correct that our location is great in the sense that we are 300 yards from Disneyland main entrance, 1 block from the Anaheim GardenWalk, and 1 block from the Anaheim Convention Center. For those who do not want to walk to Disney, please keep in mind that we participate with the Anaheim Resort Transit which is a shuttle service that takes you to and from the main entrance of Disneyland. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to have you back again soon! Best regards!