“Decent for the money” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim
“Decent for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We picked this hotel because we wanted to be within walking distance to Disneyland. So I wasn't expecting too much, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was a well maintained property with a friendly staff. Rooms were decent sized and clean. Do NOT use your debit card when booking or reserving a room here. They put a hold of $40 dollars per day of your stay up front, and if you don't have a lot to spend on a trip, it can hurt you. Its been several days since I checked out, and the hold is still on my bank account. My only other complaint is that my room wasn't ready upon arrival at 4:30pm.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am sorry for the challenges that you experienced. While it is true that we do hold a deposit for incidentals, debit cards can take 3 – 5 business days for the hotel to be released. Credit cards usually release the hotel within 24 to 48 hours after checkout. If you ever have any questions regarding authorizations, please feel free to ask our Front Desk. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you visit us again soon. Best regards!

1,494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Antioch, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It was clean and comfortable. I did walk around in the room with just my socks on and they didn't get dirty! My family gave a thumbs up on this one! We were here for a Dance Competition going on at the Marriott at the Convention Center and we could just walk right over which was nice since we didn't want to pay for parking twice! We also walked to Disneyland many times although the Toy Story parking lot is behind the hotel and we used that shuttle a few times...

The fire alarm went off while we were getting ready to check out at about 6:20 am at least we were up and dressed. Luckily it was a false alarm.

We would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us. You are absolutely correct in that we are within walking distance to Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Center. I am sorry about the fire alarm going off. I am glad that it was a false alarm, but I appreciate your understanding. I hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in our area. Best regards!
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights in June. Rooms were nice and cleaned everyday. Plenty of parking. Good location. However, the front desk staff was borderline rude and very unhelpful!!! I ended up asking the young girl in the gift shop about the area and she answered all my questions and was even able to give me directions by heart, not to mention she was a lot more enthusiastic than the two people I had previously communicated with at separate occasions from the front desk who seemed bored-like! She recommended me many restaurants in downtown Anaheim less than 3 miles away from the hotel which my family and I enjoyed! Apparently, the entire downtown Anaheim district was renovated and rebuilt last year so all the restaurants and shops are new. Definitely check them out if you're looking for some unique, non-chain restaurants nearby during your stay! We absolutely loved Umami Burger and Gypsy Den! I would stay again in the future, but please train your front desk staff to be more informed about the area that's not just next to Disney!!! "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" is extremely unacceptable! Not a good impression considering the front desk is the face of a hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your experience with the Front Desk was not to your expectations. I want to assure you that I will definitely use your comments as a coaching tool. I am also sorry that the people you spoke with were not knowledgeable about the area. Since most of us live in the area, it is always our pleasure to share our recommendations. I hope that you will come back and visit us again to experience what is local to our area! Best regards!
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

There was only one person at the counter when we arrived so it took a few minutes to check in. When we got to the counter the employee was very friendly and helpful. Staff at the hotel were very courteous. Hotel is advertised as walking distance to Disneyland but it can be a bit if a trek after a day in the park so I would highly recommend the shuttle buses or toy story parking lot next door. Overall a great experience and would recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us! As you mentioned hotel does have a shuttle that will take you to and from Disneyland. The Anaheim Resort Transit does charge a $5 for every adult and $2 for every child or it is a 300 yard walk to the main gate Disneyland. If you need assistance with transportation, please feel free to see our Front Desk. Thank you for your review. Best regards!
Riverton, Ut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very modern, comfortable room. Great value for how close it is to Disneyland. Stayed in a parlor suite (king bed in bedroom with pull-out in sitting area). This pull-out was comfortable. My daughter didn't feel like she was sleeping on springs. Loved the fire pit tables by the pool!! Wish we were there on a Friday or Saturday so we could have made s'mores. Will stay here again on our next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed the features and amenities of our hotel. You definitely have to come back and visit us for s’mores! Be sure to ask about our seasonal s’mores the next time you stay with us! Can you imagine how yummy a s’more with a peanut butter cup would be? I cannot wait to have you back again! Until then, best regards!
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in early July while travelling to Disneyland. It's very close to the theme park entrances - probably about a 10 minute walk. There are closer hotels but it's really not very far. Room was good and in surprisingly great condition. Staff were very friendly and more than happy to check our bags when we were a little early checking in so we could go to Disneyland and leave our bags. You can get a breakfast buffet at their restaurant for only $10 - it's not flash but it's good food and very cheap. There is a 7-Eleven on the way to Disneyland if you want to stock up on things like water and avoid the high Disneyland prices.

It was very hot while we were there and the only downside was the pool area. It's very run down, almost all of the loungers around the pool are broken. Not the nicest place to relax and enjoy the sun. Aside from that - fantastic, and we got a great rate too - highly recommended if you are heading to Disneyland!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry about your experience with our pool area. I will be sure to share your feedback with our Management Team. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall. Please keep us in mind the next time you are back in our area. Best regards!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at The Red Lion for 4 nights over the 4th of July Holiday. The room was nice and clean when we arrived. There is plenty of parking for the hotel and the pool area was clean and comfortable to relax at. Only things that went wrong was our room keys were deactivated on our 3rd night and our parking pass was set to expire a day early. Irritating to come back after a long day to not be able to get into your room. Problems were fixed but shouldn't have happened in the first place. We have stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry for the “bumps” that you experienced during your stay. I can appreciate your frustration coming back from the parks and your keys did not work. I am always looking for ways to improve our service and I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and I look forward to your next stay with us. Until next time, best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!