“Wonderful, luxurious!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Wonderful, luxurious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

After a horrible stay at another hotel, we decided to end our vacation to Disneyland in style and Red Lion was just what we needed. Our room was clean, and oh so comfy to come back to after playing hard all day at Disneyland.

• Stayed June 2013
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not have a good experience at your other hotel, but I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please keep us in mind the next time you are back in our area. Best regards!

1,536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

One night. Late checkin. Accomodated my request for a quiet north room (no sun)
Lady at the front desk was MORE than freindly....
Right by the freeway, gas and Mcdoanlds and other eats.
Nice typical breakfast
Perfect stop over hotel in Yuma.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
know if I can be of assistance when booking your next stay! Thank you for your review. Best regards!
sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here in June 2013. The room was pretty much the same as what it looked like on the internet, which is a good thing, as sometimes they are either really old pics or they photoshop them to look better.
The room was decently sized with 2 queen beds separated at a good distance. The furniture and bedding was fairly recent, maybe a couple of years old - if that. The bathroom was a nice size - however I had no grip mat for the shower/bath and nearly fell flat on my backside a few times.
The location of this hotel is pretty good - only about a slow 5-10 minute walk to the Disneyland Parks and about a couple of minutes to the Garden Walk shopping and dining area.
One good thing is that it has I-Hop right next door - not that you could eat that stuff everyday.
This hotel lost 1 rating for me due to the staff. 1 - When I checked into my room, the fire alarm went off for a couple of seconds. I rang the desk to double check everything was ok, and they put me on hold for like 3 minutes before someone could answer my question. Hellooo I could have burnt to death - so they have absolutely no idea what is going on. 2 - I found the ladies (not the men) really rude and pretty unknowledgable for things around the area. I asked 1 lady where I could buy a suitcase from and she told me to go to target (she said a 10 minute walk - but was over 30minutes) when on my last day after I had bought my suitcase from target, that the hotel's gift shop sold them. 3 - When I checked into the hotel my room did not include breakfast (which I already knew beforehand) they gave me a weird look and then did not even bother to advise the charges if I wished to purchase it.
If I would go back to Anaheim the only reason I would book this hotel again would be if they had a really really good sale on.

Room Tip: Poor staff
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback! Your comments are valuable to us and I want to assure you that I will be sharing them with my team to improve our service. I am sorry for the misinformation. I especially apologize for the incident with the fire alarm. While it is always best to error on the sake of caution and evacuate when the alarm goes off, we are assessing our procedures to better serve and protect our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will visit us again in the future. Best regards!
Placerville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the Red Lion this past week and had a average experience. We thought the hotel was clean, and well presented. Everything seems to be clean and taken care of. Our kids enjoyed the swimming pool during the day, and it was a nice retreat after the parks. Our room air seemed old and made a few noises, and the fridge was incredibly small, and would shut off and on. They have a nice Keurig coffee maker, however you only get 1 coffee, 1 decaf and a tea. Since we're both coffee drinkers, it would be nice to have at least 2. We experienced two false fire alarms, that were just a little annoying (1 at midnight). Now the bad in my opinion. Parking is a joke..$14 a night. I can't believe that they don't work this out with the city of Anaheim or absorb the cost. The only saving grace here was that our stay included a free breakfast. It was a really nice buffett with eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, pancakes, coffee, cereal, fruit. Overall it was a nice stay, and for the right price we might think about coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I truly value your feedback. Just to share with you that if you prefer more regular coffee versus tea or decaf, please contact the Front Desk. We will gladly trade out the others for your preference. If you would like more than the 3 we provide, each additional K-Cup is $0.75. I also want to apologize regarding the fire alarms. I can appreciate your frustration, but we must respond to each alarm as if they were real. Our guest’s safety is our number one priority. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us! Best regards!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The staff was courteous and the wait to check in was minimal. We got a good price from the Red Lion toll-free number, but look online to either reserve there, or to tell them the price you saw for the best price. For $1 more we got free breakfast. It is 1.1 miles from Disneyland and we saw the fireworks from our room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am thrilled you got such a great deal to stay at our hotel. I hope that you keep us in mind the next time you are back in Anaheim. Until then, best regards!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We checked in Sunday night from a very long drive. The staff at the lobby was NOT welcoming at all. I had several questions as far ads the shuttle service and parking rates. They didn't seem to have any info and answers were "I'm not sure" but not willing to check it out. Monday; after a long day at Disney and in bed at 12:04AM... there was a firedrill and they evacuated the entire building which turned out to be false BUT upon asking AGAIN the frontdesk just laughed and said "I'M NOT SURE"....we asked securtity and HE SHRUGGED he's shoulders, he had no clue. The back door is never locked and anyone can just walk in. The doors would not shot all the way. We were out all day from the beach leaving early morning and back real late afternoon and coming back to UNCLEANED ROOM. Housekeeping just acted as if nothing was wrong at all.
The rooms indeed looked remodeled but the STAFF were NOT. They did not care at all about the guests because the location was close to Disneyland.
Please inform your frontdesk staff that they are the first thing the guests see and last. They need to be more friendly and more informed about general questions like the "shuttle bus times and fees".

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your feedback your comments matter to us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience the false alarm may have caused. I understand the frustration you experienced. I will definitely communicate with the Front Desk Staff and Housekeeping and coach them to be more efficient and make sure we are meeting our service standards. It is very disappointing to hear that we were not able to answer your questions promptly. Once again please accept my apologies. We hope you can give us a second chance and consider us again next time you are in Anaheim. Best regards!
Mt. Horeb, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was not the nicest looking one on the block, but it was great! The customer service was great. The hotel had a restaurant, gift shop, a business center, fitness center, and a small swimming area. The rooms were a little small, but still very nice (we had a double queen room).
I went with a larger group for a conference, and the hotel was right down the street from our convention center which was really nice! The hotel was also just a short walk from Disneyland (there are ticket deals through the hotel). There are also many nice restaurants in the area; in downtown Disney or down the street. I would recommend Earl of Sandwich in downtown Disney and Fire and Ice a few blocks away.
The hotel itself is also a short distance from LAX and other area airports (although it may take a while depending on traffic), and not too far away from Hollywood Blvd (RECOMMEND!), Rodeo Drive (Bring the $$$$), and nice beaches (Newport, Huntington, or for the more adventurous--Venice Beach)

**You can go to downtown Disney without purchasing Disneyland tickets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I must agree we are fortunate to be in an area surrounded by great restaurants and entertainment. I am glad to hear that our guest service met your expectations. Thank you for visiting us we hope you consider us next time you are in Anaheim. Best Regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!