“Great place near Disneyland!” 4 of 5 stars

Summer Free Night Offer
Ranked #38 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Great place near Disneyland!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I saw a great deal for room, parking & breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids. Decided to give it a try and very glad we did!
We got a 2 queen room, didnt upgrade to higher as we were going to be at Disneyland at night and wouldnt need to see the fireworks from our room. Walked next door to the woody parking lot and took the shuttle from there.
Room was quiet, dont believe hotel was full as parking lot wasnt but didnt even hear a door close. Beds very comfy!
Breakfast in the morning was good, everything hot that was supposed to be and had fruit, cereals, bagels, pancakes, eggs, bacon, potatoes and sausage.
Overall decided we will be back, location and extras made it worth every penny and more!

• Stayed April 2013
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It brings me great pride to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travel plans bring you back to the Anaheim area, please feel free to contact me. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your next reservation. Thank you again for your review. Best regards!

1,496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel I have stayed at for the price. Bathroom had granite counter top, Keurig coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave, touch screen thermostat, flat screen tv, very nice bed and furnishings and chrome accent hardware and modern finishes. Very classy and clean, with friendly staff. Felt like I should have paid more. Will stay here from now on when visiting Disneyland. Only negatives were tv was not high definition, a second room we had the coffee maker wasn't working, and their ATM was out of service and the bus pass machine was offline and would only accept cash. I also didn't like that I had to pay each day for parking but since I feel the stay was so affordable it's a non-issue for me.

• Stayed April 2013
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We truly value what our guests have to say, as we are always looking for ways to improve our service. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Also, we will do everything we can to address the feedback you shared with us. I hope that you will be back and visit us again. If you need reservations assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let's face it not everyone can give a fair and honest review of a hotel stay, but.... I want to tell you that my family had a very nice experience at the Red Lion Hotel in Anaheim, April 16-20, 2013.
When we first arrived in Anaheim we stayed at the high value Anaheim Marriott located in the Anaheim Convention Center and it was a very nice hotel, with a big beautiful lobby, Starbucks coffee shop, gorgeous decor and restaurants, sweeping entryway, a professional concierge and wonderful welcome gifts for my boys first visit to Disneyland. So, when we moved to the Red Lion in anticipation of joining family members I was a bit hesitant because from the street, the Red Lion didn't look as impressive as the Marriott.
However, much like a book, a hotel cannot be judged from it's exterior. When we first walked through the doors into the nice clean, modern, bright and smallish lobby (compared to the Marriott) we were greeted by a very nice front desk person who answered all of my (numerous) questions and she even gave me a bottle of water. I found that my reservation was exactly as I had expected, that the other rooms for my family were all in order and the check-in was very quick and easy. Even Cesar who was answering my transportation questions was very nice, patient and helpful.
As soon as we opened the door to our room, my kids said "this place is great!" They are 6 & 8 and know a good thing when they see it. They ran around and found; the microwave, safe, coffeemaker, the clock with the iPhone docking station, the large flat panel TV, the refrigerator to put their "snacks", and they loved the view of the pool--"Cooooool!" They immediately began inspecting the long roll pillows on the beds and wanted to use them as pugil sticks until I intervened.
I don't know about some of the negative reviews, but our experience was different. My husband thought the Red Lion Hotel was great and he's a choosey person. The room decor and colors were up to date and modern. I particularly enjoyed the use of the frosted glass doors for the bathroom and the closet which made the space feel open and bright. The bathroom was very well organized; towels were stocked in hanging shelves under the marble sink vanity in cubicles along with a hair dryer and the shower was big with an enhanced curved shower curtain rod, a non-slip rubber shower mat as well as a nice thick bath mat for the floor. Even the shampoo, soap and conditioner amenities were eco friendly!!!
We left the sheer curtains open at night in order to wake up to the California sun streaming into our room which gave us a sneak preview of the fun that was just ahead and the swaying of the palm tree leaves was a great weather indicator. No sway--hot day, lot's of sway--cool day!
The hotel was perfect for our family because it was only a 15-minute walk to the front gate which included time for red lights and crossing the street and it was adjacent to the Disneyland Woody parking lot which meant that we could catch the shuttle back at night if our feet were really hurting. Fortunately, the walk was just long enough to make our kids to transition and get ready for bed without experiencing the end-of-day meltdown. The International House of Pancakes was next door for dinner where kids eat free and the hotel restaurant offered a nice breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oranges, bananas, apples, pancakes, coffee, juice, milk) for $9.95 for adults & kids eat free! $20 for breakfast-- no waiting, gluten-free breakfast options and a server too!!! {breads are not GF, but I ate the eggs, potatoes and bacon : ) } Who can beat that! We ate there each morning without the hassle of going to a restaurant.
Save yourself some time and money and don't get a rental car because the ART (Anaheim Rapid Transit) and the Disney Resort Express Bus pick up and drop off in front of the hotel. It was so convenient that we received door-to-door transport on the ART to Medieval Times which was a 25-minute ride away for $8 one-way! Our kids loved Medieval Times!!! The Pirates Show is next to Medieval Times too!
A final note about security and accessibility: The hotel is ADA accessible and all of the buses accommodated guests with wheelchairs and special needs. The front door is the main point of entry with other entrances requiring a card key, parking is in a secure area and a security team is present.
The Red Lion Hotel in Anaheim was a very convenient and pleasant location for our family to enjoy four glorious days at Disneyland. If you are a family looking for an affordable, nice place to stay, I highly recommend the Red Lion Hotel in Anaheim for any family with small children who wish to walk to Disneyland everyday. All of the conveniences and amenities are located right here in one location with a friendly staff ready to assist you.

Room Tip: * Join the Red Lion Hotel members club and receive a booking discount. * Select a room with a view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with our TripAdvisor Readers. We understand that our guest’s preferences can vary, but that is why we encourage our guests to let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure an enjoyable stay. Your tips and suggestions are right on! Thank you for your review and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future. Best regards!
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would really recommend the Red Lion Hotel because I thought it was a great place to stay. My family and I are big travelers so we have stayed in many hotels, but the Red Lion Hotel is my favorite hotel out of all of them. They have nice rooms and they all have great views of Disneyland. I also got to roast marshmallows by the pool fireplace. The other thing I like is the room service. It is fast and easy. Also, the food is very good. I highly recommend going to the Red Lion Hotel to people who like to go to Disneyland!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! It is great to read that you enjoyed the features and amenities of the hotel. Also, you are correct and our guests need to join us for our s’mores nights on Friday and Saturday evenings! Thank you for your review and I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon. Best regards!
Wheatland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Red Lion. It's within walking distance of Disney, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. Really my only complaint was that the shower was awful. After a long day of walking around I was looking forward to a hot shower. The water pressure from the shower head was so weak it took me forever to get done with my shower. I did enjoy the breakfast buffet they offered which was affordable and convenient for 10 bucks we were ready to start our day. I wouldn't mind staying again as long as my shower worked properly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced with your shower. I am proud to let you know that based on your feedback our Engineering Department has performed repairs throughout the hotel that have addressed your concerns. Please know that at any time you experience an issue, please feel free to let us know. We will do all we can to correct the concern or move you to another room if you wish. I hope that you will visit us again! Until then, best regards!
Los Altos, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

1. Only 1 elevator was functioning for the majority of our 4-day stay. And we were on the 6th floor.
2. Unable to adjust the A/C at all! Room was freezing entire time.
3. Tub did not drain, so stood in 4-5 inches of water for every shower. Yuck!
4. Unable to switch rooms since there were 100's of cheerleaders there and place was packed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to read about your experience. In regards to your A/C and tub, you can always feel free to notify our Front Desk of any maintenance issues you are experiencing. It would be our pleasure to send a member of our Engineering Team to assist you. I am also very sorry about your experience you had with our elevator. Unfortunately, an emergency occurred and the elevator sustained damages that were not instantly repairable. We did have two elevators operational (one on the west side of the building and another on the east side). I would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. If you travel plans bring you back to Anaheim, please feel free to reach out to me. Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. Best regards!
Redlands, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

First off, it took me 45 minutes to check in because the front desk was so slow. At night, they checked someone into my room at 3 AM, they walked in thinking it was their room, scared the crap out of my girlfriend, and I almost physically assaulted the man because I wasn't sure who he was. The front desk then put me on hold at 3 AM when I called to complain, so I hung up, called back, and said no its 3 AM. I went down in the morning, they gave me a gift certificate for a free room, and every single time I have tried to use it, they are sold out of gift certificate rooms, but have ones you can pay for. Terrible service, especially since I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. This place is terrible, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is our goal to review all our guest’s comments to address their concerns and improve our service. I want to apologize for the confusion with the Front Desk and someone trying to enter your room. If I were in your situation, I would feel the same way. I want to let you know that I have used your comments as a training tool to coach my Staff to ensure this does not happen again. I also understand that you have been having difficulties booking your gift certificate. Please feel free to contact me personally and it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation. Again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!