“Great for Disneyland lovers” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Free Night Offer
Ranked #37 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Barbara, California
“Great for Disneyland lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would really recommend the Red Lion Hotel because I thought it was a great place to stay. My family and I are big travelers so we have stayed in many hotels, but the Red Lion Hotel is my favorite hotel out of all of them. They have nice rooms and they all have great views of Disneyland. I also got to roast marshmallows by the pool fireplace. The other thing I like is the room service. It is fast and easy. Also, the food is very good. I highly recommend going to the Red Lion Hotel to people who like to go to Disneyland!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! It is great to read that you enjoyed the features and amenities of the hotel. Also, you are correct and our guests need to join us for our s’mores nights on Friday and Saturday evenings! Thank you for your review and I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon. Best regards!

1,483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Wheatland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Red Lion. It's within walking distance of Disney, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. Really my only complaint was that the shower was awful. After a long day of walking around I was looking forward to a hot shower. The water pressure from the shower head was so weak it took me forever to get done with my shower. I did enjoy the breakfast buffet they offered which was affordable and convenient for 10 bucks we were ready to start our day. I wouldn't mind staying again as long as my shower worked properly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced with your shower. I am proud to let you know that based on your feedback our Engineering Department has performed repairs throughout the hotel that have addressed your concerns. Please know that at any time you experience an issue, please feel free to let us know. We will do all we can to correct the concern or move you to another room if you wish. I hope that you will visit us again! Until then, best regards!
Los Altos, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

1. Only 1 elevator was functioning for the majority of our 4-day stay. And we were on the 6th floor.
2. Unable to adjust the A/C at all! Room was freezing entire time.
3. Tub did not drain, so stood in 4-5 inches of water for every shower. Yuck!
4. Unable to switch rooms since there were 100's of cheerleaders there and place was packed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to read about your experience. In regards to your A/C and tub, you can always feel free to notify our Front Desk of any maintenance issues you are experiencing. It would be our pleasure to send a member of our Engineering Team to assist you. I am also very sorry about your experience you had with our elevator. Unfortunately, an emergency occurred and the elevator sustained damages that were not instantly repairable. We did have two elevators operational (one on the west side of the building and another on the east side). I would appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. If you travel plans bring you back to Anaheim, please feel free to reach out to me. Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. Best regards!
Redlands, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

First off, it took me 45 minutes to check in because the front desk was so slow. At night, they checked someone into my room at 3 AM, they walked in thinking it was their room, scared the crap out of my girlfriend, and I almost physically assaulted the man because I wasn't sure who he was. The front desk then put me on hold at 3 AM when I called to complain, so I hung up, called back, and said no its 3 AM. I went down in the morning, they gave me a gift certificate for a free room, and every single time I have tried to use it, they are sold out of gift certificate rooms, but have ones you can pay for. Terrible service, especially since I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. This place is terrible, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is our goal to review all our guest’s comments to address their concerns and improve our service. I want to apologize for the confusion with the Front Desk and someone trying to enter your room. If I were in your situation, I would feel the same way. I want to let you know that I have used your comments as a training tool to coach my Staff to ensure this does not happen again. I also understand that you have been having difficulties booking your gift certificate. Please feel free to contact me personally and it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation. Again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We choose Red Lion because my daughter had a cheer competition & this was the hotel her coach chose for the whole team to stay & they had a really good group rate. When we arrived I went to check-in (around 1pm) & was told check-in wasn't until 3pm & to come back then (understandable). We came back at 3 pm & there was a line for check-in that went OUT THE FRONT DOORS! I waited in line to check-in for over an hour & a half!
Meanwhile, while waiting to check-in a little cheerleader got stuck in the elevator for an hour & a half. That elevator ended up being down for maintenance all 5 nights of our stay which made for longer waits for an elevator.
Our second day there our room was never cleaned...? We had to request for our room to be cleaned.
The room (double queen) was fairly small. There was not a whole lot of room from the front door to the bathroom & not a lot of walking space between the beds & the end of the room.
Out by the pool, the cinder block by the firepit broke off & landed on someone's foot. Her foot was not broken but it was hurt pretty bad & she had to ice it.
The pool was not heated. I got in and froze. There is no hot tub.
Breakfast was $9.95 a person which I thought was a lot considering every time we went down there they were out of a lot of stuff (juices were empty, oatmeal & bagels).
The ice machine was broken on our floor so we had to go to the upper or lower floor to get ice.
It is about an mile walk to the front gates of Disneyland which wasn't too bad.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the long wait at check-in. Due to the emergency situation you mentioned and a heavy check-in, our Staff was not able to perform at an optimal level. Our Management has reviewed the events that transpired and we have implemented measures that have addressed and improved our service. I also want to apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced. I hope that you will visit us again and experience a stay more typical of our hotel. Again, thank you comments. Best regards!
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Average size room for fmaily of 4 but has small bathroom. Its about 10 minutes walk to disneyland. Parking fee applies. Right next to IHOP. Nothing fancy just a place to stay after a long tiring day. Pizza place at the lobby. Will recommend to family on budget but will not compromise cleanliness and comfort!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback. I agree that cleanliness and comfort should not be compromised. If any of our guests have concerns regarding their stay, please feel free to contact the Manager on Duty and we will do all we can to make things right! Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here with a friend in Dec 2012. It was really just a place for us to leave our bags and rest up for the night when we went to Disneyland.

The hotel was pretty well located along the strip that leads up to Disneyland. It was listed as one of Disney's good neighbour hotels which made us book the hotel in the first place. The walk from the hotel to Disneyland would be about 15 minutes for a slow leisurely walk. You'll find many restaurants, 7-11s and hotels along the way too. Very convenient after a long day in the parks. And you get to walk on the back of Radiator Springs Racers as well so that was pretty cool.

We got a nice little room on the second floor near the elevator but we couldn't hear anything that was going on outside. Good job on the sound proofing part. The only negative aspect was the door. Make sure you shut it real good because we didn't give it a good slam to shut it and it just reopened by itself. The room was pretty modern with comfortable beds and good size bathroom. Facilities are really modern too with complimentary coffee and tea. We didn't get a chance to use the facilities in the hotel though.

Breakfast was offered to us for the stay and we had it everyday though we were tempted on multiple occasions to eat at iHop. It was a good selection with hot and cold selections. Restaurant was good size and we didn't have to wait for a table every morning.

Staff were friendly and cheery. Offering assistance on our stay and how to walk to Disneyland etc. If I ever were to visit the Anaheim area again, this would be my main hotel choice for Disneyland. Good for everyone.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments! Most of our guests are on vacation and we love to share with them tips and suggestions to maximize their Disney experience. Feel free to ask any of our Front Desk Staff questions! Also, thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! Feel free to contact me if you need assistance with you next reservation. We cannot wait to have you back! Best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!