“Exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We reserved a block of 17 rooms for guests traveling to our daughter's Disneyland wedding and the hotel catered a Munch n Mingle poolside around the fire pits. The food and atmosphere were excellent for our gathering, and all guests were pleased with their rooms and experience at the hotel. All staff, from front desk, to concierge, catering/banquet, and maintenance were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with park view to see nightly fireworks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank for staying with us and sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor Readers. It was such a pleasure to serve you and your guests. We are so honored that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us. We hope you visit us again next year and celebrate their first anniversary! Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was in a great location. It has an IHOP restaurant next door to it and also within walking distance, is a great Disney type mall that has alot of good choices for restaurants and some shops. Loved this location of the hotel because it wasnt right on top of Disneyland but was close enough to walk to almost everything. We were there for a convention and the convention center was just a short distance across the street from this hotel. All the employees were very friendly and our room was always cleaned nicely after we got back from a long day at the convention. Our room overlooked the pool area and we had a great view of the firework show at Disneyland each night we were there. This hotel isnt anything real fancy but it was clean and was great for families. Pool area was nice with great fire rings near the pool. The restaurant in the hotel was very nice and the breakfast food was substantial and tasted pretty good. It was $9.95 per person but that included your drink also. Going over to IHOP one of the mornings came out more expensive than that!..As in other reviews i have read on this hotel, we didnt find this hotel to be noisy at all. Maybe every once in a while we could hear a toilet flush but all in all a very nice hotel experience. Paying for parking is never pleasant especially when you figure the cost of the hotel room in, but it was a secure parking lot so i guess its worth it in the long run.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the features and amenities of the hotel. My Staff and I strive to ensure our guests enjoy their stay and I am happy to read that things were to your satisfaction. I hope that when you travel back to Anaheim that you will consider us again. Until then, best regards!
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is located on the opposite side of the street from the Sheraton and just a short walk to Disneyland. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff were friendly. The hotels pool area was nice and they have a great outdoor fire.

• Stayed November 2012
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you had a great stay with us! I am also happy you were able to enjoy our amenities at our hotel. If you are ever back in our area, please feel free to contact me if you need assistance with reservations. Best regards!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were disappointed to walk into our room the first day to find trash under our bed from the previous guests and used shampoo bottles in the shower. Makes me wonder if they even changed the sheets. The ceilings and walls are so thin you can hear every little flush of the toilet amd showers turning off and on. Which brings me to taking a shower. Our water was nearly impossible to adjust and only got luke warm at best which doesn't feel very good after a long day at Disney. The pool is nothing special and since it sits on the north side of the building....there is no sun and the water is very cold. No hot tub either. I would rather spend my money elsewhere next time....

• Stayed March 2013
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I am so sorry for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. My Staff and I strive to provide our guests quality accommodations and I am disappointed to know that we failed to meet your expectations. I want to assure you that the appropriate measures have been taken to address your concerns. I hope that you will give us another chance and experience a stay more typical of our hotel. Again, my sincerest apologize and thank you for your feedback. Best regards!
Lewiston, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it being w/i walking distance of Disneyland. It is indeed a great location- close to restaurants, Disney, and ART. It was a little expensive for the quality of the rooms, but all in all, not too bad. My only real complaint was the teeny, tiny room refridgerator. Would barely hold a couple of water bottles. Most families spending a few days at Disney could use a larger size fridge. The staff was nice; the breakfast was very good; the location was perfect. I would probably stay there again, unless I could find something a bit lower priced for the same quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback! I have taken your suggestions into consideration and I will be working with our Management Team to see what we can do to implement them. I hope that you will stay with us again when you visit the Anaheim area. If you ever need assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!
Youngsville, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I checked in on March 25 and was told that there were no rooms left. I asked if they had anything at all as we only needed 1 night and I was willing to pay a little extra if i needed to for an upgraded room. I was then told that they had a Theme Park view room ready and that my AAA would not offer a discount. I said ok i will take that room. I stood there waiting for her to complete the transaction well I guess she was new because she had to call someone in to help her which was fine as we have all started out a the new person. The whole wait time was over 30 min and I was the only person in line. So I am finally given a key to my room and it was room 109. Not even a theme park view. So i go back to the desk and ask the gentelmen ( this was the guy that came up to help the new girl) why I was given that not a Theme Park view as that is what i was told i was getting and that is what I paid for. He said that this room was the only thing available for that day. I asked why I was charged for a Theme park view and he asked me if i wanted the room or not becasue that was all they had. The room was nice but the walls seem to be very thin as we heard the child next door crying ALL night long. I asked agian if we could change rooms becasue of the crying child and we needed slep because we had an early flight out the next morning ( i do understand that you can not always quiet a sick child ) I was told that if I had asked earlier that I could have switched rooms but it was midnight and that I was to late. Again I tried explaining what had happened earlier and that I did ask to change rooms and was told again that there was nothing they could do except go and tell the room next door to quiet down. I requested that they NOT interfer with the parents as they were having a hard enough time with the baby and I am sure that they did not need the added stress of me complaining. I really wish that I would have just requested a refund from the start and not stayed there but it was a nice hotel the breakfast buffet was good and it was close to DisneyLand

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that you caught us not performing at our best. I want you to know that I have used your comments as a coaching tool to share your concerns with my team. I want to thank you again for letting us know about your stay and we will do everything we can to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that you will come back and give us another try. Until then, best regards!
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here as part of a large school group in March. We had group breakfasts which were good and hearty. My room was clean and we could walk to Disneyland (10 min walk). The room key failed time after time, so it was annoying to have to get a new one each time we returned. One time the AC in the hallway was malfunctioning and the hallway was really hot, but other than that it was fine. I don't know the price we paid for the group, so can't speak to the value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to read about the challenges you experienced. Just as a tip regarding your room keys. We recommend our guests keeping room keys away from electronic devices or magnetic devices. These items can demagnetize our room keys. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!