“First Family Trip to Disneyland” 3 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast & Parking
Ranked #45 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lewiston, Idaho
“First Family Trip to Disneyland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it being w/i walking distance of Disneyland. It is indeed a great location- close to restaurants, Disney, and ART. It was a little expensive for the quality of the rooms, but all in all, not too bad. My only real complaint was the teeny, tiny room refridgerator. Would barely hold a couple of water bottles. Most families spending a few days at Disney could use a larger size fridge. The staff was nice; the breakfast was very good; the location was perfect. I would probably stay there again, unless I could find something a bit lower priced for the same quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback! I have taken your suggestions into consideration and I will be working with our Management Team to see what we can do to implement them. I hope that you will stay with us again when you visit the Anaheim area. If you ever need assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Youngsville, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I checked in on March 25 and was told that there were no rooms left. I asked if they had anything at all as we only needed 1 night and I was willing to pay a little extra if i needed to for an upgraded room. I was then told that they had a Theme Park view room ready and that my AAA would not offer a discount. I said ok i will take that room. I stood there waiting for her to complete the transaction well I guess she was new because she had to call someone in to help her which was fine as we have all started out a the new person. The whole wait time was over 30 min and I was the only person in line. So I am finally given a key to my room and it was room 109. Not even a theme park view. So i go back to the desk and ask the gentelmen ( this was the guy that came up to help the new girl) why I was given that not a Theme Park view as that is what i was told i was getting and that is what I paid for. He said that this room was the only thing available for that day. I asked why I was charged for a Theme park view and he asked me if i wanted the room or not becasue that was all they had. The room was nice but the walls seem to be very thin as we heard the child next door crying ALL night long. I asked agian if we could change rooms becasue of the crying child and we needed slep because we had an early flight out the next morning ( i do understand that you can not always quiet a sick child ) I was told that if I had asked earlier that I could have switched rooms but it was midnight and that I was to late. Again I tried explaining what had happened earlier and that I did ask to change rooms and was told again that there was nothing they could do except go and tell the room next door to quiet down. I requested that they NOT interfer with the parents as they were having a hard enough time with the baby and I am sure that they did not need the added stress of me complaining. I really wish that I would have just requested a refund from the start and not stayed there but it was a nice hotel the breakfast buffet was good and it was close to DisneyLand

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that you caught us not performing at our best. I want you to know that I have used your comments as a coaching tool to share your concerns with my team. I want to thank you again for letting us know about your stay and we will do everything we can to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that you will come back and give us another try. Until then, best regards!
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here as part of a large school group in March. We had group breakfasts which were good and hearty. My room was clean and we could walk to Disneyland (10 min walk). The room key failed time after time, so it was annoying to have to get a new one each time we returned. One time the AC in the hallway was malfunctioning and the hallway was really hot, but other than that it was fine. I don't know the price we paid for the group, so can't speak to the value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to read about the challenges you experienced. Just as a tip regarding your room keys. We recommend our guests keeping room keys away from electronic devices or magnetic devices. These items can demagnetize our room keys. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had a good experience here. The Red Lion Anaheim was a relatively inexpensive choice for a place to stay close to Disneyland for my family Christmas trip. I booked two rooms under the special "Roarin' California" (or something like that) deal for $99/night, which included the usually $14/night parking and the breakfast buffet. It was a much better deal than any other place nearby, with pretty good ratings too.

My husband and I arrived the night before the rest of the family did and checked in with ease after the 3 pm check in time. Our room had a view of the roof of the building next to us (con) but also the Tower of Terror and nightly fireworks (big pro!). The room itself was clean and well-stocked, nothing out of the ordinary.

Our shower had a lone curly, black hair on the bottom of the tub - gross. I was willing to overlook that one. One of our towels smelled like Indian food... hm. The laminated TV guide menu was sticky... I'll just memorize which channel A&E is on, I guess. The pillows are itty bitty and very firm, while the mattress was springy and slightly uncomfortable - I woke up with a crick in the neck the next morning. To be fair, I have a very luxurious mattress at home that's hard to match ;)

The proximity to Disneyland was great, but we drove anyway :) The breakfast buffet was more abundant than I'm used to at a hotel. We didn't experience the housekeeping because I kept the "privacy please" tag in the door even when we left the room - I didn't want to experience a missing iPhone or wallet like another patron mentioned in his review!

Overall the deal was great and if we get another chance to stay at that rate, we will.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry for the imperfections that you mentioned, but please know that we will try to make everything perfect the next time you come and stay with us. If you need help with reservations, please feel free to contact me. Best regards!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A good walking distance to the Convention Center, and close to Disneyland as well. The entrance at check-in was slightly confusing (I actually made 2 attempts to find my way in) cause I arrived at night. Other than that, everything is well. Amenities include microwave and refrigerator - very convenient. I recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to read that you were not able to locate the entrance to check-in. But, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in Anaheim. Best regards!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Whie I admit I'm a bit bias about hotels.....and I really do like my hotel stays to be a bit on the pampering side....especially when paying a couple hundred a night usually. I'd rank the Red Lion in Anaheim as average. The location was great for attending a Trade Show at the Convention center and it offers easy walking access to a lot of restaurants.
The rooms are clean and well maintained...but here's the problems I have with this hotel...or at least my room. The tub could not be used as a tub because the shower head starts dripping and spaying when the water is on. This was disspointing for me since my feet could have really used a soak after a long day on the show floor. The thermostat settings are next to impossible to figure out and to control a temperature and when the fan is running it's extremely loud.
The restaurant is pretty much a joke...all it is, is a buffet line for a continental type meal. And not open for lunch. The bar is pretty much hidden and closes at 9:30. And the internet service is a joke.
All in all, if you want a clean room to sleep and shower in - you'll love it. If you want a pampered atmosphere at all - not the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. I want you to know that I have shared your comments with our Management Team to address the areas that you mentioned. Our goal is to ensure all our guests enjoy a comfortable stay. I hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again. Until then, thank you for your feedback. Best regards!
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is perfect for visiting Disneyland and lots of restaurant choices, expensive and not so expensive. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Adequate parking, but it is $14/day so don't be surprised by that. We used the WiFi and that worked well. The front desk staff are helpful and our check-in was quick and efficient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed you visit! You are correct in that there are many different dining options available near our hotel. For sit down style restaurants there is the Anaheim GardenWalk or Downtown Disney and for quick food on the go, there are pizza, Mexican, and sandwiches across the street from our hotel. Some of these quick food locations are open 24 hours. Thank you for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!