“Had fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Had fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Overall solid place.. Would be better with a hot tub.. The rooms were very nice with up to date technology in the rooms.. Also they have a mini fridge and microwave in the rooms that was a plus.. Another thing that was upsetting was that they do not have any shuttle set up for Disneyland and they also charge for parking 14 bucks a day..

• Stayed January 2013
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. I do want to mention to you that we do have a shuttle stop in front of our hotel (ART – Anaheim Resort Transit) that takes our guests to and from Disneyland. There is a charge of $5 for every adult and $2 for every child age 3-9. I am sorry about your concern regarding our parking fee. Please keep in mind that we do offer rates that include parking and breakfast. If you are ever in need of reservations assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This Hotel was perfect for a last minute Disneyland Trip for me and my family.

Cleanliness: I wear white socks (yes, I am a nerd). I walked on the carpet, my socks were still white. Enough said.

Comfort:The bed was very comfortable. It was firm, so if you like a bed you can sink into, this is not the place. If you like a firm bed that has good back support, best bed I have slept in at a hotel in a long time.

Bathroom: New, clean, and user friendly.

Gym: It's not a 24 hour fitness, but it has more than most. If you aren't getting enough exercise chasing your kids around Disneyland, its nice and clean.

Food: Buffet breakfast, kids eat free. Close to everything if you don't want to eat what they have.

Proximity: We walked to Disneyland everyday with our 3 year old, no stroller. It is about a 20 minute walk with kids, 3 minute walk without... if you are really lazy, you can walk into the Disney parking lot and take their shuttle over for free. It is right next door to the hotel.

Staff: Friendly and accommodating. We had a 1 bed bedroom and they switched it to 2 free of charge. Bonus - my son wasn't kicking me all night. My wife was kicked, but I wasn't. No extra charge, just sweet accommodation.

Price: I got a great deal with a modest bid on Captain Kirk's website. I would say if you can book this hotel for $60-$90 a night, its worth it. You get what you pay for. If you want to chance it on a dive to save $20, go ahead. If you want quality from top to bottom, and you have to pay a little bit more, this was worth it.

Room Tip: If you are trying to make a bid to secure a room, don't wait too long. This hotel is reasonable...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your personal recommendation! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. You brought up a lot of good points and tips. Thank you for sharing them with our TripAdvisor Readers! I hope that you will visit us again soon! Best regards!
las vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights during the Tinkerbell half marathon weekend. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The location was very convenient and the room was nice. When I was in line waiting to check in I overheard them offering someone a discounted rate for the parking for participating in the race. It was not offered to me, but I asked and they applied it for me as well.
We are dinner at the Red's pasta kitchen one night, the pasta was good.. but beware of the pizza. It was not good at all. The breakfast buffet in the morning was very convenient and a great value, The only issue we had was that we were charged for one of the kids, and they were both supposed to be free under their 10 and under policy. When I inquired at the front desk I was told it was 9 and under.
I thought that being a red lion club member I would get the requested premium room, but I received a standard room facing the parking lot. Comfortable beds, clean room, and refrigerator was a plus.
This hotel is a great value if you get a deal that offers breakfast and/or parking. Otherwise, there are several comparable hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for telling us about your most recent stay. I want to apologize to you that everything was not perfect. Just to share with you, in regards to the parking, we had a group that booked a group rate for rooms during the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and that is why they were eligible for the discount parking. I am sorry to read about the confusion regarding breakfast. Our hotel’s policy is that children 10 and under eat free with each paying adult. I would like to ask for an opportunity to fix our mistake and welcome you back as my own personal guests. Please feel free to reach out to me when you are back in the area. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit! Best regards!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hotel put us in a "premium" queen room with an "upgraded view" - but it was right next to elevator which had people coming/going all night. Then the elevator broke, but it was at the end of the hall, so we had to walk all the way to the lobby elevators. Probably could have stayed in a cheaper std room and not been affected by these issues. Water temperature in the shower changed every 10 seconds - even when up using it as early as 5:30am.

Took advantage of the breakfast buffet each morning (which was good), but continually had to keep flagging someone down to refill coffee when they were out of it.

Room Tip: Front desk help by Emilee was EXCELLENT - very patient with me while my bank fixed a credit card iss...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced, especially with the elevator and the water temperature. Since your review, the elevator was repaired and we are continually monitoring our water temperatures to ensure they remain consistent. I thank you again for your comments and I hope that you will stay with us again. Best regards!
Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our recent stay of six days at this hotel was a great experience. The service of staff was excellent fast and couteous. The room was well maintained clean and comfortable, as expected from a Red Lion Hotel. One especially nice treat was the Smores served by the Night Manager beside the pool in the eveniong. Lots of fun great for adults and kids alike. Would reccomened highly. Anita Werderich Bartlett Illinoius

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our smores night! It is a new feature that we are proud to offer every Friday and Saturday evening hosted by our Evening Manager and Expert Smores Maker Frank. For those who have never experienced smores, be sure to join us! Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us! Best regards!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night on January 21st thinking that it would be a great place to stay with my family who were in town as we visited Disneyland. Its only a couple blocks from Disneyland. However just for one night for one car its 14 dollars!!! It cost 15 just to park at Disneyland we would have been better off staying a little farther saving some money and then driving to Disneyland! Also the staff were not helpful at all. I called to see if we could get an early check in because we were traveling with our dog they said not that the hotel was completely booked and it would not be possible. So I made other arrangements for my dog and when we arrived at the hotel to park and walk to Disneyland before we checked in they said that they might as well check us in since we were there!! It would have saved me a lot of time and trouble if they would have told me yes from the start. The rooms were nice and big that was a plus but the water in the room was gross!!! I didn't even want to brush my teeth or wash my face with the water. And this might be a bit nitpicking but also the coffee in the room was expired so i couldn't even enjoy that! Overall I would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel does try to check in our guests early, when available. Our normal checkout time is 12pm and check-in time is at 3pm. In regards to your concern with the coffee in our rooms, I want to ensure we are serving a quality product. Our hotel does feature Keurig Coffee Makers and K-Cups in all our guest rooms. Just to share with you, I did speak to our coffee vendor and the date posted on the coffee is a "best by" date and not an expiration date. Again, I am sorry for all the inconveniences and I hope that you will give us another chance. Best regards!
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here in April 2012, 2 adults and 2 kids. The hotel was very clean and staff were very friendly. Check in/out can be a bit slow. We got the room rate with parking included, otherwise paying for parking can get expensive. Walk to Disney is very easy, or you can just walk to the toy story parking lot and catch the free shuttle bus. Breakfast was good, nothing special, but restaurant staff are friendly enough. Wifi was also decent. All in all we were very happy and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the delays during your check in and check out. I will be looking into ways we can be more efficient and speed up our processes. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will return soon. Best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!