“Meier family Christmas vacation from Colorado” 2 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast & Parking
Ranked #45 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Meier family Christmas vacation from Colorado”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and our room was not cleaned during our entire stay. This was after telling the desk that I room was not cleaned after the first night. When we returned to our room at approximately 10:30 on the second night and it was not cleaned again, and we asked for fresh towels, we were treated as if it was a huge bother to provide clean towels and remove the dirty towels. We had two rooms for our stay and neither was cleaned during our entire stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am sorry to read that your rooms were not serviced during your stay. There appears to have been a big misunderstanding and again I apologize. I will be using your comments as a training opportunity to ensure that this does not happen again. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for letting me know about your stay and I hope that you come back to give us another try. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Like that this hotel is pet-friendly and very close to Disneyland.$15 pet fee and $14 for parking per day. Since I have two pets and stayed for four nights, a rate that would accomodate all these extra fees would have been a better deal. Front desk could have used more help the day after X-mas. Food options are very limited, but IHOP is next door. You are better off bringing your own food and beverages, as the rooms have a fridge and microwave. Overrall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will definitely be looking into your suggestions. Also, just to let you know, we are one block away from the Anaheim GardenWalk where there are several different dining options. If you are looking for a suggestion, please see our Front Desk. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us! Best regards!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Best hotel we have stayed in near the Disneyland Resort in years. We were very pleased with the hotel property and our room. The decorations for Christmas were lovely. We very much enjoyed the "Happy Hour", the close proximity to both the Disney Resort and the Garden Walk areas. All of this is based on a room in the main tower and a park view.

Room Tip: Get a main tower room, the park view is not necessary, it is only partial as are all hotels, even th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I must admit I was concerned when I saw your star rating of the hotel, but after reading your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I want to ensure all my guests experience a comfortable and enjoyable stay when they visit my hotel. I thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit. Best regards!
Alameda, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were really excited at the prospect of staying at red lion based on the reviews. They terrific and accommodating in allowing us early check in. However, problems began even before we stepped into our room. The room keys we were given wouldn't open our door, this occurred more than once during our stay. It was definitely a hassle needing to get our room cards reset every few hours. The room was nice and spacious. But on the last night of our stay, we found our mini fridge defrosting ruining our food stored there. The wifi/Internet was spotty, we were only able to connect once during our three night stay. The cable tv was also spotty too, as we saw more squares on the tv than the show we were watching. The front desk was notified of the problems and they were nice and courteous, but the problems were never resolved. It was a great package deal but not sure if we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry for the challenges that you experienced during your stay with us. We are constantly looking at ways we can improve our service and we will be taking your feedback into consideration. Unfortunately with our room keys, they do get demagnetized from time to time and I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Based on your comments, we are looking into ways we can improve our internet connectivity. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another chance and experience a stay more typical of our hotel. Best regards!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Value for money and walking distance to Disneyland makes fro a great family hotel. Has guest
Laundry and a fitness centre which adds to the attraction if you are on a long term holiday. Honestly couldn't say a bad word about our stay. Just don't expect the Ritz Carlton for this prices you will pay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the features and amenities of our hotel. I agree, having a laundry facility on site does help a lot. Also, we do offer valet laundry services for guests who wish to have items dry cleaned. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us! Best regards!
Harris, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My son and I spent a few days in Anaheim from Ohio for a pre Christmas vacation and loved the Red Lion Hotel. Everything was clean, close to Disney and perfect. Would stay there again! They helped us with tickets and the breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to assist you! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to your next trip to the Anaheim area! Best regards!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my second stay at Red Lion Hotel. The first time I stayed was by chance. I was attending a conference in Sept. 2012 at the Honda Center. I chose the hotel for the price and location and was very pleased. This stay was 12/21/12. I chose it on purpose because I wanted to bring my 86 yr old father to visit Disneyland at night to experience the Christmas lights and decorations. I have been very pleased with each visit to the Red Lion. The room furnishings and amenities rate with a higher priced hotel (some of which I have visited). The ART (bus transportation) was right out the front door and took my Dad in his wheelchair and dropped us off right at Disney. It was extremely convenient. We had a good night's sleep. The day of departure, I did not want the room coffee since I like a lot of cream in my coffee and the room packets never provide enough in any hotel. I went to the front desk and was directed to the woman who charged $5.00 plus tax for 2 paper cups of coffee from a coffee machine. That was the only thing I was disappointed in, thinking the coffee at the desk should have been free. We were unable to use the breakfast buffet since it was too difficult to manage with my Dad in his wheelchair, but I was able to push him right next door to the I Hop.
On top of this, the hotel allows me to bring my little dog and even provided me with a doggy gift bag which included a sign to place on my door warning housekeeping that a dog was in the room.
I really think this hotel is a gem. The prices are amazingly affordable!
I will return in Sept. 2013 when I return for my Women of Faith Conference.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! I want to thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. I am sorry to read about the experience you had with our coffee. Please know that you can always request more creamers and we will gladly deliver them to your room. This way you will be able to enjoy our Kurig Coffeemakers and our selections of regular coffee, decaf coffee, and tea. Also, please let us know how we can be of assistance when you travel with your Dad. It would be our pleasure to clear a space so you and your family can enjoy breakfast with us. Please let me know when you are coming back and I would be happy to assist you with your next reservation. Best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!