“Updated and Comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbridge, California
“Updated and Comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Red Lion 3 nights and when we arrived to find our room we were thrilled at the clean and spacious room. As a woman I like having a vanity in the bathroom to work at and this one didn't disappoint with a generous countertop. It was very nice having a special area with a coffee maker, safe and mini microwave and a small fridge in the TV console. The beds were very also very comfortable. It was only a two block walk to Disneyland (very long blocks) and shuttles were easy to find if you didn't feel like walking. Overall we would definitely stay again when we come back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor which faced the west side overlooking the Disney parking lot. Would rec...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer in all of our guest rooms.

We would love to have you back in the future so that we could continue to provide you with the great service and amenities that the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim has to offer.

Please let me know direct if I could assist you with any future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bakersfield, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

When we first arrived we checked into our room and the room itself was not extremely clean. There were cracks in the ceiling and dust all over. We were told that all the rooms had Keurig coffee makers and ours did not. It had a very old coffee maker that was filthy dirty. We called the front desk and they says that we could move b/c they haven't finished the renovations in the other building and they don't all have Keurigs. We moved to new rooms which had Keurigs...these rooms were clean, but once again, not quite up to par. Lots of dust and cracks and there were also greasy handprints on the door. Many things that are obvious to the naked eye and should have been clean.
After we got settled in, we decided to go to the spa...one problem, there was NO SPA. The website stated the hotel had a spa and pool, so we asked the front desk and their comment was that the pool was heated to 80 degrees...that's still not a spa and that's still false advertisement. After a long day of Disneyland, we wanted a hotel with a spa and we were sadly disappointed.
The breakfast was just okay, it was free. I didn't like the fact that we had to tip, it was a buffet and we got our own food and juice.
Also, this hotel is considered "superior" on the Disney Good Neighbor list. I def think its far from superior and we will find another place to stay next time.
The only plus is the hotel is close to Disneyland and it was easy to get to.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems that you experience during your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure all of our guests have a comfortable and memorable experience during their stay.

I have already shared your feedback with our Management Team to ensure that our website does not have any misleading information and is being looked into. Our main tower rooms do have the updated Kurig coffee makers and we will soon be putting Kurig coffee makers in our south tower rooms as well.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we are given the second chance to turn the impression around that was made.

Please contact me direct should you have any other questions or concerns and I will be more then happy to assist you
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our Family (4 Adults & 4 Children) stayed at the Red Lion from 11/24-11/30. Guest Services were awesome, helped us right away. We got there a little early, before check-in, our rooms were not ready but they made sure to have our rooms ready within the hour; which was fine considering there was an IHOP right next door and the kids were starving from a 7 hour trip and the best part, No Early Check-in Fee - whoo hoo. The Red Lion Hotel accommodated us by giving us adjoining room; that way we were able to keep our family together. Rooms were clean, no funny smells, bathrooms clean with open space. Our first day there we took the kids to Lego land, we had an hour drive so we needed to be up early, breakfast was ready by 7:30 which was perfect timing for our trip, over the course of the week we went to Disney/CA Advent for 3 days and Medieval times, during the week breakfast was served at 630 which was perfect for getting to Disneyland early to beat those lines. Breakfast was awesome!!!! Fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal with all the fixings, orange juice, apple juice, toast/bagels, pancakes and for the picky little ones cereal.

I would like to give KUDOs to the housekeeping group. They were so good. They were thorough, quick, but efficient. Our beds always felt fresh, our bathrooms clean and always had coffee, fresh towels and clean floors… considering we had 4 kids with us.

Red Lion has a transit that is provided by the city to take you Disneyland, cost was about 28 dollars for all 8 of us to ride the bus everyday but it was well worth it, cause your feet are dog tired at the end of the night after walking all over Disneyland/CA Advent. You could also walk to Disney from the hotel but when you have little ones, this is a nice accommodation to your stay.

Parking was FREE.

I go to Disneyland once a year and finally found a hotel that my family and I love. This is our go to hotel and will be back next year for our family vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We thrive on making sure all of our guests have a memorable and enjoyable stay and I am so pleased to hear that you and your family experienced all the great amenities that we have to offer.

We would love to have you and your family back in the future the next time you visit the Anaheim are so that we could continue to provide you and your family with a memorable experience.

Please let me know direct if I could assist you with your next reservation I will be more then happy to assist.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here at the end of our trip, rooms are very clean and comfortable - although the air con sounds like you area about to take off!!! The shower was the best I'd had in the US.
Parking was easy and the walk to Disneyland was quick and straight.
I didnt have breakfast in the hotel but there was an Ihop next door that was cheap and had great servie - and a bunch of restaurants around the corner.

The only thing I dont get was a $40 a night holding fee - yes you get it back but after staying at many hotels in my many travels around the world this was a first....unwarranted and annoying when you are staying for multiple nights (most hotels charge a nominal fee and they have a credit card inprint anyhow) ....

This hotel should be very proud of their room cleaning staff the best Ive experienced on this trip to the US.

Room Tip: try and get one with Disneyland fireworks view - amazing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back for another memorable and enjoyable stay.

Our incidental deposit is in place because we are a full service hotel that has a Restaurant and Bar on property this is why we require an deposit at check in so that all of our guest have the luxury of having room service brought to your room and also the option to enjoy our Restaurant and Bar during your stay making it easier and quicker to just bill the charges to your room.

Please let me know if I could assist you with any future reservations I will be more then happy to assist you with any questions or concerns.
Modesto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Red Lion Hotel for 4 nights and everyday we encountered some kind of issue. The "low" blower on the air didn't work and so we had to keep it on high at night and it was so loud we couldn't sleep. The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work and it was so hot when trying to shower we almost passed out. The breakfast was gross so we only ate there one morning, we had purchased to eat there every day but nobody wanted to eat there again, the restaurant was dirty and my daughter got sick after breakfast. When we checked in we were told at the front desk we would be paying cash and were told that we needed a credit card to put a charge of $40.00 a day but to our surprise they took out the entire amount of the hotel plus the $160,00 which put us in a great bind during our stay, So we were out the extra amount for breakfast and the extra amount on the hotel bill. The ART ran about 40-45 late everyday so we ended up taking a taxi a couple of times. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read about all the challenges you experienced. I know that if I was in your shoes, I would feel the same way. I do want to let you know that the hotel does require a deposit for incidentals of $40 per day and $200 per stay. This is to cover room service, gift shop purchases, etc. In the event that nothing is charged to the room, the deposit is put back on the card within 3 – 5 business days or refund in cash if cash was given for the deposit. In regards to ART, I have filed a complaint with ART based on your feedback. Shuttle service runs every 20 minutes on the hour. They begin 30 minutes prior to park opening and 30 minutes after park closing. Again, I am sorry for the challenges you experienced. I hope that you will reconsider and visit us again the next time you are in town. If I can be of assistance, please let me know. Best regards!
Coarsegold, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had planned a trip to Disneyland for months. When we arrived at this hotel, the front desk personnel were very friendly and accommodating, and we were excited to be on the top floor, hoping to glimpse a peak of Disneyland from our window. Upon entering the room, the first thing we noticed is the loud sound coming from above. It sounded like a helicopter was on the roof directly above us. This went on for awhile, before we called the front desk. Staff said she would have engineering check it out, and we were told later that someone had turned whatever it was off. We went to bed tired and happy to be without the noise.

The next day, after walking around Disneyland from open to close, we returned to our room exhausted, and the "helicopter" was back. We again called the front desk and were told she would take care of it. Thirty minutes later, the noise was still going, so we called the front desk again. This time we talked to the manager and were told that it could not be turned off and should not have been turned off the night before. We asked her how they could rent out this room under these conditions and were told that some people complain about the continuous noise and that others don't seem to care. (How can anyone sleep with a "helicopter" above them?) One of the staff even admitted that she wouldn't be able to sleep in that room either. We asked to be moved to another room and requested a discount for our inconvenience. The manager and her supervisor then offered a $20 discount.

We understand these kind of things happen, but at this point, we were upset for a number of reasons: after we called and requested the noise be shut off, no one bothered to call back to inform us that the "helicopter" noise was there to stay; secondly, when booking the room, we asked for our AAA discount and were told that the hotel was filling up quickly so this discount was not being offered (from the near-empty parking lot, this did not appear to be true; also, I contacted AAA and if a hotel offers this discount, it can not pick and choose, other than specified black-out dates, when to offer it to potential clientele); third, the manager made it sound like this was a recurring problem with this particular room, while the maintenance person made it sound like the wheel bearing in a fan above us had just gone out very recently. Consequently, we felt lied to and believe this staff needs to get their stories straight. There is definitely a breakdown in communication among staff. In our minds, this $20 token offer did not compensate for our frustration or inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. First and foremost, I want to apologize for all the inconveniences that you experienced. I share your frustration that there should not be multiple stories being told, especially from our Management. I want to let you know that I have shared your concerns with our Director of Engineering and he has assured me that your concern has been addressed. In regards to you concern with our AAA rate, depending on the occupancy of the hotel, there are occasions where the AAA rate is not available. For the best up to date pricing, please visit us online. In any case, I would like to ask for the opportunity to make things right. If you plan to visit us again in the near future, please feel free to contact me. Again, please most sincere apologies. Best regards!
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just spent the Thanksgiving Holiday at the Red Lion. Check in and Check out was extremely quick. Buffet breakfast was excellent value. Disneyland is about a 10 minute walk to the entrance. Our only complaint was the noise. We were on the first level. The physical set-up of the hotel meant that a large percentage of the guests had to walk by our room to get to the elevator. Running kids, loud families, and worst was the door to the staff custodial room...that door slammed shut with an echo everytime. I will stay at the hotel again, but not on the first floor. If it was warm and the pool was to be used, we would have had the noise from the pool outside our window on one side and the noise from the hallway on the other.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry for all the noise that you experienced during your stay. I understand how inconvenient it can be to have all the activity going on around your room. Please keep in mind that my Staff and I are here to ensure you are happy with your stay. If at anytime your accommodations are not to your satisfaction, please let us know. It will be our pleasure to move you to another room or do what we can to address your concern. I hope that your experience has not discouraged you from staying with us again. If you happen to be back in our area, please let me know. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your next visit. Best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!