“Great hotel, great stay, and staff was very accommodating!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eugene, Oregon
“Great hotel, great stay, and staff was very accommodating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights last week and had a great experience! Mayra was very helpful in getting the room paid in advance. By doing this, all we had to do at check in was leave a $100 deposit for incidentals, which was promptly returned at check out. We had no wait to check in or out. The room was comfortable, although we were really only there long enough to sleep. Beds were comfortable and the air conditioner did not bother us at night because we simply turned it off while sleeping. The tv provided Direct tv service and we had no issues with it either, worked fine the whole time. We ate breakfast every morning at their featured buffet, which was part of the Cars Land package we booked. It was good and filled us up until at least 2 or 3 pm each day. Anything at all that we needed, only took asking a staff member and it was done. Cesar, at the concierge desk, was GREAT, he gave us a lot of info about things in the area and was a big hit with our 10 yr ol daughter. We bought a 3 day ART bus pass at the machine right outside the hotel and it picked us up each morning and brought us back during the day and at night. We definitely could have walked there and probably faster, but chose to save our walking for inside the park each day. Across the street at The Sheraton, there is a small store/pizza place....GREAT pizza!!! We ate this for two days and it was very fulfilling and inexpensive. We did eat at the Red Lion's restaurant for dinner one night, it was also good, but chose to explore other eateries in the area each of our remaining nights there. We had no time to use the pool or gym. We had no problems or complaints at all during our stay and will definitely recommend to friends going there, as well as visit again ourselves!

Room Tip: We had a two queen room, not a view of the fireworks, but most nights we were at the park anyway. We...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. From the sounds of things it seems as if you really enjoyed your stay! I am thrilled to read that you will be back! Also, thank you for recognizing Myra and Cesar! They are both assets to our team and I am please to know you found them to be helpful. If your travel plans bring you back to the Anaheim area, please be sure to contact me. Until then, best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bakersfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Red Lion is a very nice hotel but we encountered several problems there. When making reservations my wife was encouraged to upgrade to a more expensive room with a view of the Disneyland fireworks show. She agreed but there were no fireworks shows during our four day stay. This was a large family trip and the plan was for the women and children to attend the Princess Luncheon at Disneyland while the men and boys watched the football games. I noticed when we checked in that we were not receiving HD channels. I notified engineering and they switched out our TV. I assumed the problem had been fixed but at gametime we still could not receive the local channel. We were told later that the problem had been going on for sometime and management was aware of it. I spoke with some guests who were on the same floor and they were moved to another room because of the TV problem. I wish they would have acknowledged the problem and moved us to another room. We would have gladly moved from our room with a view of the nonexistent firwork show.

Room Tip: Find out if there are fireworks shows scheduled at Disneyland before you pay for an upgrade to watch...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, during the off seasons, Disney does not display their fireworks. On the other hand, you can still see the Disney theme parks from the hotel. In regards to our TV’s, I share your frustration. Our Engineering Team is working with DirecTV on finding a solution to our TV problems. It is an area we are looking to have fixed as soon as we can. I hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me the next time you are in the area and it would be my pleasure to welcome you back as my own personal guests. Best regards!
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been in the hospitality business for over 5 years in customer service in 5 star properties worldwide and have been a business traveler for over 25 years. Never have I seen such unbelievable total confusion in a hotel. No one ever seems to have ever been instructed in the art of customer service. I reserved 4 rooms and cancelled one of the rooms and they still charged me! They had me speak to 5 people from their completely incompetent Accounts Receivable Manager, to the Rooms Manager, to the Central Reservation office - then to the Central Reservation Manager, then to someone in Corporate in Spokane to get them to reverse a $100 charge! I have now been on the phone for over 4 hours today and I still don't have any resolution. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever seen in my lifetime! Also - my guests had to argue with them at checkout -as they were being charged for an extra night!!!!The plates in the restaurant were dirty, the locksmith had to come twice to my room to get the door to function, someone from the kitchen was standing in as bartender and didn't know how to charge for "happy hour" - more confusion - the restaurant was pitiful - dirty and totally unappetizing - when we mentioned this - they said "they knew, and that they would be renovating" - what a dive.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor - there are bugs from their kitchen!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. First and foremost I want to apologize that we were not able to share with you an experience more typical of our hotel. I can appreciate your frustration in feeling you were getting the run around and I am sorry for what you had to go through to find a solution. I will also be addressing your concerns regarding our restaurant with our Director of Food and Beverage. Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. Best regards!
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here in Sept 2011 so I could run in the Disneyland Half Marathon. Sorry for the late review!!

The hotel is in an excellent location. I had rented a car at the airport and was sorry that I did. I only drove it to and from the airport so I should have just used a taxi! Restaurants and shops are within walking distance. I ate at Bubba Gump's which is very close by.

The hotel is serviced by the Disneyland bus so I took the shuttle to/from the theme park for the expo on the day before the race and on race day.

Fantastic hotel! No complaints and would use them again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is in a great location as we are close to the Anaheim GardenWalk, the Anaheim Convention Center, as well as Disneyland. Also, the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) picks up and drops off right in front of our hotel every 20 minutes. I hope you will be able to stay with us again and participate in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January 2013. If you need assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me. Best regards!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here one Saturday night before our cruise. We checked in at about 3:00 PM. The lobby was clean and modern. A friendly front desk clerk helped us with no wait. Our room was ready, and they were able to meet all our requests. (high floor, quiet area) We also received a free upgrade to a Disney/fireworks view room on the 8th (top) floor.

We had no problems finding a parking spot close to the back entrance door. There were also plenty of luggage carts available for use.

The room was nice and clean, and everything was in good working order. The room was spacious and well-lit, and the beds were comfortable. We've stayed several times at the 4 star Anaheim Marriott at the Convention Center, and I thought this room was actually a little bit nicer and bigger than the Marriott rooms. The bathroom fixtures were modern and attractive. I found the wallpaper choice (looks kind of like tiles) a bit odd, but it wasn't awful.

We wanted to have dinner at Downtown Disney, so we walked to the Toy Story parking lot next to the hotel and caught one of the free shuttle buses. It wasn't a super-quick walk to the shuttle, but it was definitely faster than walking all the way to the park. There was a pedestrian cut-through entrance to the parking lot, which was nice, so we didn't actually have to walk in through the car turnstile/entrance.

After we returned to the hotel, we went down to the pool area to sit by the firepit. The hotel offers a s'mores bar on Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 to 8:30, so we roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. My kids thought that was a lot of fun.

We didn't swim, but there were a few kids in the pool. I felt the water, and it was decently warm.

In the morning, we headed down to have breakfast in the restaurant, as the rate we had booked included breakfast. A huge Chinese tour group had arrived just before us, but as soon as the restaurant opened, the line moved very quickly.

We found the buffet to be very nice for breakfast. There was a good selection of hot and cold items, and we all enjoyed our food. A waiter brought us water and offered coffee. The restaurant filled up fairly quickly, so we were glad we arrived a couple minutes before it opened.

Check-out was quick and easy, and our bill was accurate. We had booked at a very nicely discounted rate ($79) that included the room (with free upgrade based on availability), parking and breakfast. At that rate, we thought the hotel was a terrific value. At rack rate, maybe not such a great deal, but we'd stay there again if we could get a similar rate/package. Overall, a really good experience.

Room Tip: Disney/fireworks view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you and your family enjoyed all the great amenities that our Hotel has to offer to our guest.

We would love to have you and your family back in the future for another great and memorable stay. Please let me know if I could assist you in making your next reservation with the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

The staff here was Wonderful except one person just didn't appear to belong. Andy at the front desk was very rude. We arrived at 2AM and it was apparent we woke him up. The next day, we returned from Disney at 11:30PM and interrupted his while chewing his food. Both occasions we needed to contact him for assistance, he was extremely condescending and uncaring. He did not help us resolve our issue and just stood there and shrugged saying pretty much "Too bad for you". We left almost in tears the second time thinking mom was going to miss her flight. honestly, this was a huge contrast from the rest of the staff here! Everyone else we came into contact really changed our minds about this hotel. From Ernesto, Jose and Raquel at the excellent breakfast buffet to Marina in housekeeping, they were all so friendly all made us feel welcome. Even the concierge here was great!! The pool is heated and the area is beautiful, although the only thing I would chage is to add a hot tub. Our girls said this is the best hotel they've stayed at. We are eager to stay here again for sure!! (Hopefully minus any encounter with Andy the graveyard front desk clerk)

• Stayed November 2012
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I would like to say thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay, all of our guest feedback is very important to us and we value your business. It is our goal at the Red Lion Hotel to ensure that all of our guests have a memorable and enjoyable stay. I have already shared your feedback with my Management Team and I sincerely apologize for the customer service that you received from the one staff member.

The Red Lion Hotel Anaheim thrives on making sure all of our guest receives the best Customer Service that our staff has to offer. All of our guest are very important to us and would love to have you and your family back in the future so that we are given the 2nd chance to turn the impression around that was.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will be more then happy to assist you.
San Jose, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed at the Red Lion a couple years ago with a group no problem. So we decided to come back, this time was not a good experience. We check in go up to our room and open the door and the room was already being occupied, go back down to the front desk was given another room, go to our room settling in and noticed there was candy on the floor which was definitely was not ours, which in my mind the room had not been vacuumed. Turn on the TV was not working, picture was fuzzy and distorted. This was not a good 2nd time experience. On the upside the lobby was clean, and well kept.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I would like to sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay at our hotel, this is certainly not how we would like our guest to fill when staying with us and I have already shared your feedback with my Management Team so that these concerns are addressed. We value all of our guest and want to make sure their stay is memorable and enjoyable. I would hope to have you and your family back in the future so that we are given the 2nd chance to turn the impression around that was made. Please fill free to contact me direct should you have any other questions or concerns.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!