“Good hotel close to Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1850 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #49 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Australia NSW
“Good hotel close to Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good priced hotel walking distance to Disneyland (10 minutes to Park entrance gates) Great breakfast that was included in our rates. We booked direct with the hotel. We had a "fireworks view" King room, thou as we were at the park for the Fireworks it was more a view of the Park room! Room was tidy and clean, fixtures and furniture all good, bed really comfy. Small problem with the in room safe but call to reception and someone was there within a few minutes to fix it. Staff were always helpful. Bought our Disney Park Hopper tickets from the hotel (cheaper than at Disneyland gates) Rooms were serviced daily. Didn't use the pool but looked good. Would definitely stay again and have recommended it to others already

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Also, I am glad to read that you were able to take advantage of our special Disney ticket promotion. Please keep us in mind the next time you are back in Anaheim. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit! Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a clean well priced decent hotel. Make sure you get a rate with free parking and breakfast included. We reserved a premium room with fireworks view but did not get that. We did get a lower rate and our regular room with two queen beds was fine. Wifi worked fine for us. TV also was good. Beds comfortable. Water pressure good. Really hd not complaints for what we pic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. The Red Lion Hotel Anaheim thrives on making sure are guest stay is memorable and enjoyable and we would love to have you and your family back in the future for another great stay with us.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found the check-in very efficient - room was very nicely decorated - and really like the no smoking - the staff is cordial - and the room very clean and fresh smelling. Visiting family in CA and find this hotel a good base to stay. The hotel rate was within most budgets. Would definitely stay there again. Is in a great location.

Room Tip: We had a king which was very comfortable and spacious. The corner rooms are very bright. This was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you and your family back in the future for another enjoyable stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I can not wait to have you and your family stay with us again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked a couple of rooms here for the family taking everyone to Disney. Looked like the perfect place besides I like the other Red loins I've stayed at. The Cleaning staff would shut off our AC so it would be a hot box everyday. fans in the bathrooms did not work, as a rewards member I informed the hotel I even wrote a letter. The manager replied sorry, they should of fixed it on the spot. housekeeping should not change things in the hotel once someone is in the room. I felt like my stuff was not only being seeing by my family.

Room Tip: next to Disney bus pick up, just get buss pass before getting ready to take the bus.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. I would like to apologize for any problems you experienced. It is our goal to make sure all of our guest stay is memorable and comfortable. I have shared your feedback with my Management Team regarding the Air Conditioner in your room to ensure that this does not become a problem for any of our future guest. We do have a centralized exhaust system for all of our rooms, I have already had my Engineering Team check the exhaust system to ensure there are not any issues. We would love to have you and your family back in the future so that we are given the 2nd chance to turn the impression around.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spent three nights here with my wife and kids (4 and 6). Having done my usual research, I settled on The Red Lion because of its proximity to the main attraction (Disney Land), the rate and the generally positive reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel delivered everything it needed to. Fast check-in and friendly staff.

The rooms were adequate, while not overly large. The quality of the fittings and the overall cleanliness was good. Although showing a little sign of age. It has a small fitness room and a pool - neither of which we had a chance to use.

The breakfast was good for breakfast - in terms of variety and quality. It's a self service buffet and we were able to be in and out very quickly during this late season stay.

It's a little bit of a stroll to Disney and Downtown Disney - with small kids. And the busy intersection adjacent to the hotel has to be crossed east-west and north-south. Nevertheless, it is walkable. As is the Anaheim Garden Walk Mall, with family-friendly restaurants including a Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Factory and Bubba Gump Shrimp.

There's no shortage of accommodation in the area, and rate is a big factor in deciding where to stay, but all things being equal, I'd probably use the Red Lion again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Desiree B, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel, I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you would stay with us again in the future. We would love to have you and your family back for another memorable and enjoyable stay with us.
There is a shuttle provided by the city of Anaheim called the Anaheim Resort Transit that will take you down to the Disneyland Park and other close attractions in the area, the shuttle picks up curbside in front of our Hotel every 20 minutes and the cost is $5.00 per adults and $2.00 per child. This will allow you to ride the shuttle all day long.
We hope to see and your family back in the future for another great stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We just finished up a stay at the Red Lion. It was our home base for Disneyland, great location. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated. Air conditioning was fine, pool was great, love the fire pits by the pool. All the staff were very friendly, I would especially like to thank Cesar the concierge who was outstanding, help with our bags, very knowledgable and super friendly. Good job Cesar! Rooms were always well cleaned when we returned each of our three days. Would recommend without reservation, good property.

• Stayed November 2012
I am very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and took advantage of all the great amenities that we have to offer. I will especially let our Management Team know about the great job Cesar did when he was in contact with you and your family. I hope to see you and your family back in the future for another memorable and enjoyable stay with us.
Sonoma County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I had planned to take our son to Disneyland for his 3rd birthday, and my parents joined us on the trip. I decided on the Red Lion due to its close location to Disneyland, favorable reviews and reasonable price. There must have been a large convention going on on the dates we had planned since the room prices were fairly high, but we managed $85 a night plus $14 a day in parking. The check in process was smooth even though we didn't book directly through the hotel, and they were able to put us and my parents in adjacent rooms which I thought was very cool. However, the was no bell hop available so we had to get all our luggage up to the room on our own (they did allow us to use their luggage cart though)

The rooms and condition of the hotel overall was OK, but this place has definitely ridden hard over the years. The walls and furniture where scuffed up, and stuff like fixtures and handles were worn and in some cases, broken. The window had hard water or some other kind of stain on it, and it appeared there was no bathroom fan. The wallpaper looks kind of strange, like you are in a room with tile walls (like a bathroom)

It was over 100 degrees when we arrived in Anaheim and we immediately noticed the hallways had practically no air conditioning. Then we opened the door to our room and it was like walking into an oven. The air conditioning situation in this hotel is by far the hotel's biggest flaw. The rooms are equipped with antiquated wall AC units and they are LOUD. They did work, but the noise generated by these things was like trying to sleep with a helicopter trying to take off next to you. However, this did have a silver lining in that the noise drowned out all other ambient noises in the hotel. I would caution anyone who is a light sleeper, you may want to skip this hotel just because of the noisy air conditioning.

That said, the beds were comfy and clean, and after a full day romping around Disneyland with a 3 year old we were so wiped out that we could have slept anywhere. This hotel is indeed walking distance to the park, it took us 15 minutes to get there one way. We opted to eat breakfast at the IHOP next door so I can't speak about the quality of the hotel restaurant.

I don't think we will stay here again at the price point we paid. The most I think I would pay here would be $75 (including parking). I think there are better deals to be found closer to the park. I thought we would be better off staying in a hotel vs an inn/motel, but based on my experience here I don't think this was the case.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel, we appreciate all of our guest and their feedback. It is our goal to make sure your stay is comfortable. I would like to apologize for the problem you experienced with the A.C in your room and will be sharing your feedback with our Engineering Team to ensure that this problem is addressed and the problem is fixed. We hope to have you and your family back in the future so we are given the opportunity to turn the impression around that was made. Please fill free to contact me direct if you have any other questions or concerns.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!