“SCAM! TRAVELERS BEWARE!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton
“SCAM! TRAVELERS BEWARE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Anybody reading this- CHOOSE ANOTHER HOTEL! Me and my fiance stayed at this den of thieves in late September. Upon check in they request a deposit for room incidentials. No problem, all hotels do this. Checked out and were informed there were no issues so we would recieve all our deposit back within 3 days. Great. 3 days pass... don't have out money. Call and ask where it is and are told 5 days. They shouldn't have told us 3 but ok, no big deal. 5 days pass... still no money. We call again, where is our money? They claim they don't have it or have any record of it. This is where the horror begins. Call the accounting department clerk and she claims the hotel never took our money. WE HAVE A BANK STATEMENT WHICH CLEARLY STATES RED LION. She claims it must be from an ATM. 2 days of argueing provides nothing but a head ach and loss of time. Call head office, who are even less helpful then the crooked hotel. They tell me they gave us our money back. See the trend? Diferent story every time. Still unwilling to give us our money back. Fortunatly we deal with a very good bank, CIBC, and they are currently in the process of getting our money back. We were told this is not the first time this has happened and I will bet you it won't be the last.

Learn from our mistake and don't stay with these crooks!

About the hotel:
Paid for breakfast buffet, had no meat or hashbrowns available... only eggs and cereal.
Bed felt like I was sleeping on a carpeted floor.
Shower didn't work.
A/C was from the 60's.

One good note? Cleaning staff were very friendly... I hope they find better jobs than Red Thieves.

Again... DO NOT STAY.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our TripAdvisor Readers. I deeply apologize for the experience you had with our hotel. We do require a deposit for incidentals from all guests checking in. This is due to the fact that guests can choose to have meals, gift shop items, and phone calls charged to their room. In most cases, incidental holds on credit cards/debit card will fall off within 3 to 5 business days. This timeline can vary depending on the bank’s authorization reversal procedures. If at any time a guest has questions regarding their bill or authorizations pending on their cards, please feel free to contact our Accounting Department for assistance. If you are still experiencing issues with your card, please do not hesitate to message me and I would be more than happy to speak to you. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Just back from the red lion. Great hotel and only 10 mins walk to disney's main entrance. Good sized family room for 2 adults and 2 teenage children and very quite room despite being so close to Disney.

• Stayed August 2012
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind the next time you are back in Anaheim! Until then, best regards!
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon and were VERY disappointed. First, we reserved a king bed room but were told when we arrived that they were out so we got a two queen room. Second, the showers were cold. We finally called to get someone to fix it and they made us feel horribly picky because "most people don't want the water to burn their children." Well, most couples aren't looking for a cold shower on their honeymoon... Third, we had dirty towels in our room hung as clean towels (there was brown gunk on them). The parking fees and resort tax fees were expensive, as well. Again, we were very unhappy with our stay and will be staying at another hotel the next time we go to Disneyland!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been not to have hot water during your stay and to have dirty towels on top of that. I want you to know that I have shared your comments with our Management Team. We use our guest’s feedback as coaching opportunities to better train our staff. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I hope that you folks would reconsider and give us another try. If you do decide to come back, please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for your comments. Best regards!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not only is it down the street from the Disney Theme Parks, I got an amazing deal through travelzoo.com which included parking and hot breakfast for two. After hanging out in CarsLand with the famm bamm I worked up a pretty huge appetite for sleep!! And I was so glad that the hotel was close. Modern, chic decor; quiet atmosphere; private parking; polite and friendly hotel staff. Very comfortable room; spacious, plenty of pillows. Glad to be put in a room away from all others. (They must've read my mind!) Late check out at 4pm available for $40. Not bad if you need to stay. I got outta there before 12:30pm LOL But I thoroughly enjoyed the night. Sleep was so good I missed the free breakfast. Ah well, I guess that means I'll have to make it up next time. Buon viaggio! Ciao!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are quiet and separated from the rest of the rooms on the floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our special promotion and enjoy a good night’s rest. I cannot wait to have you back! Grazie per stare con noi (Thank you for staying with us)! Best regards!
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice hotel very close to Disney and one and a half miles from Angels stadium. Positives are Modern hotel nice rooms with comfortable beds, flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, microwave and a free to use in room safe. Negatives are $14 parking, bar closes at 10.00pm, slow checkout and the odd tramp like character hanging around the main road bus stops. Don't let the tramps stop you staying here I would rather the parking charge be scrapped for guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the interesting individual in front of the hotel. You can rest assured that the safety and security of our guests is a priority to us. If there is ever a time you have a concern, please let us know. Also, please visit us online and check out different rates and packages. We do offer rates that include breakfast and parking. Our goal is to provide our guests as many options as possible to best fit their budget. If you ever have questions regarding our rates and packages, please feel free to contact me. I hope to have you back again soon. Best regards!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a very nice property, the rooms are spacious room and the decor is attractive. the toiletries in the rooms were great and smelled fresh and citrus-y.My friend and I got a great night's sleep!! The breakfast got us out the door fed and happy! The parks are about a ten to twelve minute walk from this location. I would stay here again.
I

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with out TripAdvisor Readers! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to read that you had a good night’s sleep. Sleeping well and having a good meal are key to start off your day at Disney. If you are ever back in the Anaheim area, please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. Best regards!
San Bernardino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Most often I use a service like price line ect to book, this time I called and booked directly. I am disabled and offered no accommodations, if fact had to pay $14.00 a day to park at the Hotel! The Shuttle to DL was another $4 a day. Can see DL fireworks from window, but far away and not worth the money. The room was clean and lovely, the staff helpful. Breakfast Buffet ok, but had I know a IHOP was next door I would have eaten there, cheaper and better food.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of DL fireworks, but you have to pay the price
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected. Our hotel does charge a $14 per day parking fee. This fee is assessed for regular parking and accessible parking. Also, our hotel does offer a full American breakfast buffet. For our guests who are interested in other dining options, please feel free to visit our Front Desk and would be happy to recommend other dining locations in the area. I really hope that you will come back and give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. Best regards!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Anaheim? Share your experiences!