“Disneyland Vacation 2013” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Salt Lake City
“Disneyland Vacation 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights March 14, 15, 16, 2013. The national cheer compition was going on at this time. I did not hear any noise from other rooms even though I know the hotel had to be booked. Girls everywhere! The hotel is within walking distance to Disneyland. The foyer was clean, the continential breakfast was good. Many hot food choices including making your own waffels. The rooms were okay. It is an older hotel and I'm sure used alot because it is so close to the convention center. The cleanliness was as good as could be for the amount of use that hotel gets. Beds were small, but fit two adults fine. Bathroom was large with a seperate toilet in a closet. That was a plus. Looked like there was plenty of parking. Pool was average. Nothing grand, but who goes to Anaheim to swim when Disneyland is down the road. Overall was not a bad expierence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Saratoga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Clarion Anaheim Hotel last weekend (3/15-3/17). I didn't book this hotel myself, I was part of my daughter's high school cheer group, who were competing at USA Spirit Nationals at the Anaheim Convention center last weekend, and this hotel was booked by our coach after we found out the Marriott was sold out. My daughter and the squad arrived on Thursday evening, and she was sending me not so glowing texts about the hotel, so I did some searching around looking for reviews. I was a little nervous about staying here after some of the things I read.

So, here is my opinion, for what it's worth. I've stayed in every kind of hotel, from REALLY bad ones (when driving across country with my husband and two Rotweillers...the kinds of hotels that allow big dogs are not the nicest...) to really nice one (Ritz Carltons). This hotel was not as bad as I was expecting, but it does have some downfalls. When we arrived in Anaheim on Friday morning, at about 11 (having been driving since 5 am) we were a little tired and cranky. The girl at the front desk looked on her list, then announced, "We don't have a reservation for you, and we're sold out." Uh....what??? I called the coach, who told me that I was on her list of confirmed rooms sent by the Competition organizers. A manager came out, disappeared in the back for about 10 minutes, then came out and said, "Oh, well we found your reservation, but you're not in our system. So, come back at 4 and we'll have a room for you". I asked if there was any way to have the room ready earlier, and she said, "Our guaranteed check in time is 4". OK, no apology, no attempt at being sympathetic or polite. Whatevs.

We got back to the hotel at 4:20. Once again, they couldn't find my reservation. After a few minutes the girl (the same one who had helped me earlier, but couldn't seem to remember who I was) found an envelope with my name on it, and our keys. OK, great...we had a room! The rest of our group was on the 9th floor, and even though they said they would put us near them we ended up on the 7th floor. OK, no big deal I guess.

The rooms are definitely "dated" and in need of some updating. Considering this hotel is part of the "Anaheim Resort" it does NOT live up to the other two hotels on location, the Marriott and the Hilton. The decor is 1970-80s, the bathrooms are VERY dated, it's nothing special. But, having said that I will say that the room was spotlessly clean, there were lots of towels in the bathroom, the towels were good quality. There was a nice flat screen TV in the room, a microwave and a good sized mini fridge. There was plenty of drawer space, shelf space in the closet, and hangers. The bathroom was clean, but definitely very dated. I think the tub and toilet were the original ones from the late 70s.

Room service stops serving early, so forget about a late meal. We had the hot breakfast buffet from the downstairs restaurant on our second day, and the food seemed like it was left from the day before and reheated (are pancakes supposed to be crunchy?) Also, they say they are "one block from Disneyland" which is a blatant lie. They are a good 3 block walk away, and they are long blocks. If you have small children or people in your group who have trouble walking long distances, don't plan on staying here because it's a short walk...it's not. It was fine for us, but would not have been good when our kids were small. There is a shuttle, I think it's $6 per trip, but I'm not sure because we didn't use it.

I tried to get a rollaway bed our first night there because my daughter was sick and wanted to stay in our room instead of getting the other 3 girls in her room sick. I asked at the front desk and was told, "Oh, they're all sold out. But we can give you some extra bedding to make a bed on the floor". Speaking of beds, the beds are very comfortable, the bedding is fine (except for the gross bedspreads), but the beds are REALLY small...a double at best, but they even seemed small for doubles. Some of the rooms have a hideabed sofa in them, but our room did not.

It was also very quiet...I never heard any noise from other rooms. It can also take a long time waiting for an elevator.

Overall, it was OK...not great, but not completely terrible. Would I stay here again? If I had to. Would I stay here if another hotel was available? Probably not.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott instead...
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

POOR, PLEASE READ. My daughter stayed at the Clarion from 3/14 thru 3/17 for a National Cheer Convention. It was an awful hotel experience for most of the team. The first night, my daughters room woke to find the room was INSFESTED with bed bugs, I spoke to the night manager and asked their policy to assure the bugs don't come home and was told they don't have an actual policy on how this should be handled. While our coaches were filing a incident report to protect us if it's brought home, one of them had their bag stolen from an office - money, airline ticket, ID - all gone. After calling the police as it certainly had to be an employee, they couldn't get to the video monitors (not sure if they ever did) room keys not working the first night. The next night, the girls got moved were told to check everything for bedbugs and they found liquor bottle in rooms under the beds, obviously the rooms aren't cleaned. If your planning to visit Disneyland, I urge you to NOT stay the the Clarion hotel in Anaheim.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Though an older hotel, we found it clean, the staff helpful and our room fine. Our girls loved that every day we would come home to the pile of soft toys they were collecting neatly arranged on their made bed. We shopped ALOT and all of the bags, tags and wrapping were disposed daily. Parking was good...better if it had been for free!! 10 - 15 min walk to Disney and even with 2 young girls was fine. Our only request will be for our next stay ( as we would def stay again) will be for a room on the side facing Disney..so we can see the fireworks!!

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre onsite which was disappointing for us! Ask for north facing room to be ab...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel was older but it was okay, however we had a room that had an adjoining door to another room and could hear everything in the next room. It was really only a problem for 2 of the seven nights, we called the desk but the people didn't quiet down for about 2 hours after that, which was about 1 am, not good when you have a baby trying to sleep. The room had a mini fridge and microwave that you didn't have to request or pay extra for. The breakfast Buffett was not good, it was basically a continental breakfast that is usually at most hotels for free, but you paid ten bucks for this one, the waffle machine was also not working. The staff at the Buffett were so nice and helpful though, as is the concierge guy at the help desk. A far walk from the park, however you could just walk across the street and catch the Disney parking lot shuttle, for free. The beds were average and there was a single pullout bed from our little couch. The water got hot and cold when we showered, I actually got burnt a couple times as did my daughter, so we just bathed them after that, this is probably due to the age of the hotel and not much can be done about that. The elevators took a long time and one got stuck open on our floor while we were there so try to stay on a lower floor so you can take the stairs and avoid a long wait. Overall not bad but not great either.

Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here in January for the Disney Tinkerbell half marathon. The hotel was less than a mile to Disney. I was able to walk to and from the race. The rooms were nice, nothing fancy but parking was horrible and there was a fee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion Hotel for 2 nights and had our meals in the Tivoli Garden. The service was excellent.. one waiter(Arturo N.) was attentive, friendly and extremely helpful. We were delighted and we congratulate the managagement for hiring Arturo N. Also, the check in staff was most helpful.
We would stay at the Clarion again if we needed to stay in the area. Thank you.

Room Tip: Room 432... with balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!