“Yes, I am sorry, too!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Montana, United States
“Yes, I am sorry, too!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I don't normally write reviews, but our experience at this hotel was so bad, I feel it is my duty to warn any other would-be guests as to what we experienced at this hotel. We chose this hotel because it was close to Disneyland and affordable. In retrospect, I would have gladly paid more for a better hotel. First, we were expecting queen beds and arrived in our room to find small doubles. Not the end of the world, but I was sharing with my sister so it would have been nice to have the queen. Now I wasn't expecting five star quality, or brand new furnishings but this room felt dirty. The bathroom felt dirty. There was hair in the tub and on the floor (EW!!) and the room had a can't-quite-put-my-finger-on-it odor. The next morning, we had the buffet breakfast in their restaurant, Tivoli Gardens and this is where I found the hotel to be absolutely unacceptable. The oatmeal was empy, the waffle batter was empty and when I asked the attendant if she could refill them, she said she would get to it, but never did. We decided to just have cereal because we got tired of waiting and I took one bite of it and actually spit it back out into my bowl! The milk was warm! It tasted foul and when I brought it to the attendants attention, she said "sorry" then walked back into the kitchen and just left it there! Having some experience with the food service industry, I checked the yogurt and found that it too, was warm. I was appalled at the blatant lack of concern about their food safety! Food must be maintained at a proper temperature otherwise it becomes a hot bed for bacteria growth! Food Safety 101!! We couldn't even get rid of our dishes because there was no trash can available in the dining room so other guests actually began piling their dishes on a nearby table that had not yet been cleared. I decided to ask for a manager and when I voiced my concerns about the condition of our room and the health hazard that was their restaurant, I was once again given a "sorry" and an irritated that-all-you're-getting-from-me look. I was furious. Not only were the accommodations lacking and food unsafe, but the service I received was unacceptable. The one and only good thing I can say about this hotel is that it has a decent gift shop.

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here for a convention for 8 nights. The only good thing about this hotel is it's location to the convention center. It is only two blocks away. For the price, however, I do not understand why they don't update their hotel. Upon arrival, my room was very dirty and my bedding had obviously not been thoroughly tended to as there were hairs all over from the person before me. The carpets looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks and the bath room looked like it had mold on the walls that were just painted over. I went to the downstairs restaurant the first morning and royally regret it. My food was cold, the eggs were powdered, and my sausage was incredibly greasy.

The customer service was so-so. The people at the front desk could have cared less I was there and didn't activate my key correctly for my room until the third try, I made three trips up to my room before I could actually get inside with my luggage.

In all, I would not recommend staying here unless you are desperate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed for 4 nights, Nov. 5-9. We were extremely pleased not only with the room but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We had the most help from Rick Gomez. He was gracious and always easy to reach for any questions or needs.

The front desk as well as our PR lady, house keeping, and those in the kitchen were wonderful. I would choose this hotel again for future reservations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in room 472 from Wednesday 14 November. After a 12 hour flight from Australia and an interesting Super Shuttle transfer from LAX, we were hoping that we might be able to get early check-in. Sal B on the desk could not have been more helpful in providing us with a great room that we could use straight away. There were three adults in our party and the corner room was a great size. I have seen a number of reviews here very critical of the Clarion and its age, upkeep and appearance. We experienced none of the issues on which other reviewers have posted very negative comments.

I think some people must go out of their way to find fault. Or crawl around on the floor looking for dust balls and other unmentionable items. Our room was clean, linen was fresh and changed as required. Carpets and all surfaces clean. Hallways clear of rubbish after the maid service had finished for the day. The fold out bed was fine as well. Loved the height of the shower head and the hot water.

Ate the "buffet" breakfast one morning and felt that it was okay value and the coffee was included. Could see that there would be a problem with waffle makers if too many people were at breakfast. Had Happy Hour dinner one evening and the food was great and tasty and very good value.

Would recommend a couple of eateries nearer the park as alternatives - Captain Kidd's Pirate Breakfast great value and right opposite Disney Main Gate. Also the California Pizza Place on the corner of the block down from the Clarion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a hotel that shows every bit of it being a hotel used by thousands of visitors coming to Anaheim. The hotel is old, dated and in need of a remodel.

The rooms were average, small but clean. It's about a block away from Disneyland or a 15 minute walk. In a pinch, this hotel will do but compared to other hotels nearby, it's a hard sell to advise anyone to pick this one.

• Stayed November 2012
mass
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Rooms are outdated and the balcony is a foot wide. Bath tub did not drain and the continental beakfast which should be free and consisted of a wafflemaker and cold cereal was 6'50. Location was noisey hear traffic all nite

• Stayed November 2012
Three Hills, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

well we were really happy with where this hotel was located, it was a 10 min walk to park. it was close to the garden walk where we ate a couple of times:) it was a clean hotel but old and due for some upgrades! we found a cockroach in our room, but i do not believe it was because it wasnt clean just older, needing renos,! not to mention we were in califorina! the pool was awesome, the kids loved it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family