“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #79 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a hotel that shows every bit of it being a hotel used by thousands of visitors coming to Anaheim. The hotel is old, dated and in need of a remodel.

The rooms were average, small but clean. It's about a block away from Disneyland or a 15 minute walk. In a pinch, this hotel will do but compared to other hotels nearby, it's a hard sell to advise anyone to pick this one.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
mass
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Rooms are outdated and the balcony is a foot wide. Bath tub did not drain and the continental beakfast which should be free and consisted of a wafflemaker and cold cereal was 6'50. Location was noisey hear traffic all nite

• Stayed November 2012
Three Hills, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

well we were really happy with where this hotel was located, it was a 10 min walk to park. it was close to the garden walk where we ate a couple of times:) it was a clean hotel but old and due for some upgrades! we found a cockroach in our room, but i do not believe it was because it wasnt clean just older, needing renos,! not to mention we were in califorina! the pool was awesome, the kids loved it!

Shingle Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed for five nights in October 2012. Seemed like a good deal, but unfortunately, it was not! Communication between hotel staff and housekeeping was terrible! We had to constantly deal with linen issues and failure to take care of our room properly. We received a "free breakfast" with our package but the restaurant was always crowded with lines out the door in the morning. This was not because the restaurant was full, but because they did not have enough help. Also, when we did eat in the restaurant, we had trouble with our orders because the staff struggled with understanding English. Don't get me wrong, the staff was all very nice and stated they would remedy the issues we encountered, only to fail in their attempts. I hate having to constantly badger people and it did not make for a "carefree" vacation.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Firstly – I booked this hotel through a travel agent who informed me this hotel was only a 12 minute walk to Disney. I was horrified as we kept driving to get there after passing the park entrance. We traveled with several small children and after the first day walking realized we had to give ourselves 25 minutes with the hopes of hitting every crosswalk light on the way. After a day in the park our kids were too tired to make the trip back and we took a cab everyday afterwards. The hotel did offer a shuttle at $5.00 per person per day. There were 7 people in our party that works out to $ 35.00. our cab that took all of us $ 5.33 there and $4.80 back.

The staff at the front desk at check in were efficient and ready to go. Super helpful and quick to get us on our way. The kids were excited of course and off we go to our hotel room. Open the door and OMG the 80’s were calling I felt like I was in a time warp.
Yellow tile in the bathroom, old furniture – they still use comforters (again most likely from the 80’s). We booked a suite, thinking we had a bigger room with there being 5 in our personal room. I go to open the hidabed and – I had to take a moment to compose myself as all the springs and wires that held is together fell to the floor. This was the bed I was going to sleep on for the next 5 nights. We go to open our safe and the key wouldn’t come out. I am at the Happiest Place on Earth so I suck it up….
We have been up since 5am to get here and I was tired and decided one night wouldn’t kill me I would stop at the desk in the morning and see what they could do.

We are all very tired and hungry so eat at the café in the hotel… The staff was super friendly but the décor and meal – we lets just say – we were hungry and they were open. We did not return for the rest of the trip..

In the morning we awoke to a beautiful sunny day but I tell my kids who are super excited at this point to go back to bed because it is only 6:30am and they had a big day ahead of them. I receive a knock on my door from our other party traveling with us saying we had missed our breakfast meet up time. I look at the clock it say 7am ????
It turned out it was 9:30am the clock in our room was wrong….. Ok – have to say I had a hard time being so happy about it .. My sleep sucked because of the bed and now I was already late for our first day. To say I was pleasant to the front desk girl when I went down stairs would be a lie . I was not happy and unfortunately she took the brunt of it. For that I am sorry as she was very nice, and I was vibrating by the time I made it to her..

I asked for my room to be looked as and told her about the clock – the bed and the safe… Took a few breaths and started on again what I was hoping for a 12 minutes walk but knew before we left it wasn’t going to be.

Had a great time at Disney….

Return to my room to see that housekeeping had made my bed and put it away in the same state it was when I left… How could they not notice it had fallen apart??? -
My safe was never fixed so we used our friends for the rest of trip.

In the morning I took a photo of my bed as it seemed my original complaint went to deaf ears I felt a picture would help my situation – taa daa – it worked because when we returned I had a totally new underside to my bed. Woo hoo – the maintenance man came through and helped me out. THANK YOU…..

Housekeeping in our room wasn’t fantastic but the sheets were clean – My husband and I started keeping track of a few things in the hallway while we were there for fun just to see how often the halls were cleaned.. When we checked in there was a glass against the wall just down form our room as well as a napkin with cutlery – 6 days later at check out – still there…

We used the pool and the kids had a great time. The lobby was nice as well as the concierge guy super helpful… I may sound picky but I stay at a lot of hotel for my work so maybe I have set a higher standard for myself – my kids had a great time and didn’t notice a thing and that was what this trip was about my kids. I will return to Disney but will not return to this particular hotel.

Richmond, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Clarion Hotel offers neither service, clean rooms nor good food. The only positive thing about it is the location, which is close to Disneyland. The housekeeping staff tries hard but the rooms are not maintained. The lock on our outside "balcony" door was completely broken and the lock on the inside door only worked after repeated attempts. The "balcony" is about a foot wide.
The restaurant workers deserve credit for their efforts but the breakfast buffet and food fall way below appealing. After 12 hours in the park, the restaurant was open so the eight of us, five adults and three children 12 yrs to 7, tried it late and again the next morning but even the children refused to eat there again. We did not complain about anything because it was part of a Disneyland package. We would never pay money to stay there again. You can't even buy a newspaper in this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor which faced the street. The sunrise was great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM002, Manager at Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that we fell short of our standard service during your stay. Please know that we have taken your feedback to share with our staff so that they can better serve our guests. I do hope that you return in the future so you can experience our improvements.
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the clarion hotel in October 2012 as an affordable way to see Disneyland and the other attractions that make us Brits flock to California. The location is very good being only a 20 minute walk from the Disneyland parks, I could see or at least hear the fireworks from my room. The room was pretty comfortable although some of the bathroom fittings were coming loose and I noticed the wallpaper peeling away from the wall next to one of the beds in the main room. The breakfast room was quite reasonable at $6.50 for the buffet which consisted of cereals, fruit and a make your own waffle station (please note that even though it says coffee is included in the price on the sign outside when you get to the buffet table there is a small plaque saying "coffee $2.00" ). The staff are the stars of the show here for me. They were friendly were knowledgeable when they recommended tours and when our shuttle to the airport didn't arrive they bent over backwards to make sure we made it to the airport on time. I would consider staying at the clarion again should I ever come back to California.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you with again on your next vacation.

Been to Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!