“Best Value for Disney Travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #8 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best Value for Disney Travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

This hotel stands out over others we have stayed in in the area in three categories:
-location
-the right amenities
-good value for price
Location: We have stayed "on property"in the Disneyland and Paradise Pier hotels. We have also stayed at other hotels on Katella and Harbor. There is no hotel closer to the front gates of Disneyland than this one. (Ok, the Grand California is basically inside California Adventure, but it is in a whole different category.) Don't bother doing the math or poring over the map- this really is the closest possible hotel- nothing is closer.
The right amenities: other hotels in the same price category might have fancier bedding or cuter theming, but none had more of what we actually needed than this one. Need a kitchen so you can save on food costs? (or so you can make a meal while the little ones nap in the next room) - the Park Vue has it. The kitchen was clean and adequately equipped with three frying pans, two pots and dish/silverware service for three. Need a room with bunk beds so the kids don't keep "getting in each other's space" - the Park Vue has it. I have done a lot of research on hotels in the area and there are very few in this price range that offer this nice of a kitchen and even fewer that offer the bunk bed option. There are also very few that have a true two-room suite (in this price range, this close to the park) where you can close the door, let the kids sleep and still have acess to a kitchen and living room with sofa (or mom and dad can close the door and take a nap while the teenagers watch TV or check their email using the free internet). Other amenities were also good - the pool and hot tub were just the right temperatures for our taste, towels were provided at the pool and bathrobes provided in the room (something I would normally only hope for at a much more expensive hotel!) The breakfast was good and as others have mentioned, the staff were friendly and accomodating. We attended the social hour two nights. We were pleased to find that green salad was provided both nights and lemonade and water. One night there were mini-burgers (with letuce and tomato provided) and the other night it was cheese enchiladas and chips and salsa, All of the food was good, not "gourmet," but good. We cooked our own heavier lunch in our room each day, so after lunch and a nap or swim the "social hour" provided just the snack/light supper we needed before heading back into the park for the evening.
-Good value for the price: the prices for the Park Vue were not the rock-bottom lowest, but they were very competative with everything else in the area and they offered types of rooms that hardly anyone else offers. By the time you add the savings from the breakfast and social hour (and from cooking your own food if you get the kitchen), you really can't beat this hotel.
I would definitely stay here again and again. My only concern is that by giving it a good review, it will be harder for me to get reservations!
P.S. If you are staying here and would like to know what our kitchen had, here is a list: 3 large plates, 3 medium plates, 3 cereal bowls, 3 coffee mugs, metal tongs, small metal pancake turner, pasta server, can opener, two serving spoons, three each of knives, forks, spoons, plus a few more, dish soap, undercounter fridge with very small freezing section (only kept things partly frozen - don't try to store ice cream), microwave, coffee maker, towels, 4 burner stove (gas), full oven, small broiler pan, three frying pans - (non-stick) - small, med and large, one medium pot, one small pot. Two room suite with kitchenette sleeps up to six.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

This was our 2nd stay at the Park Vue Inn and it has improved since our last stay with an increased free breakfast selection and a social hour (which we didn't go to as we had already made dinner reservations elsewhere) but will next visit.
There was a short delay at check in as the room wasn't ready but we gave them the benefit of the doubt as it was al busy. We booked the 2 room 3 bed suite which is great for the additional space it gives you without a huge price increase. The shower was the only problem as the water drains really slowly and so you end up standing in a pool of water - yuk! Housekeeping did a great job considering most of them were also on breakfast duty at the start of the day.
The best part is the proximity to Disneyland - it is right at the lights across the road allowing you to come back for a break to fully appreciate the 8am - midnight opening hours. Free parking is also a plus. There is also free access to the Internet in a computer in the lobby.
The location is great with good access to shopping at Faahion Island and the beaches.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I was first found this hotel in an online search for hotels near Disneyland. I was drawn to this one as they have rooms that hold 6 people, and for good rates. I made the reservation online, no problems. The hotel is literally across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. There was a welcome basket when we arrived in our room with sparkling cider and fruit. The room was great, 2 queens and a pull-out couch queen. It had a kitchenette and also a 2nd vanity/sink outside of the bathroom, which was helpful as there were multiple girls trying to get ready for things as others were showering, etc. The decor is contemporary, no weird floral pattern comforters, and the paint in the room is fun. Housekeeping was excellent, and replenished us with plenty of towels and toiletries. The staff was great. They provided free bottles of water, cookies and fruit to the guests, so we never had to buy bottled water at Disneyland. Also, our room came with free breakfast vouchers for each day, and it was a nice breakfast, not just your standard 'continental'. The Foods Manager, Brian, was especially courteous and helpful. He made us feel very welcome. Checkout was easy and they even let us store our luggage for a few hours after checkout before we headed to the airport. I will definitely look here first for lodging near disneyland next time.

SILVERTON, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

This hotel is hands down the BEST for customer service--when I arrived my room wasn't ready yet so they held my bags and then took them up to my room while I went and played at Disneyland. There s a welcome basket in your room with fruit, etc and complimentary cookies, ice water and fruit in the lobby. I had to change rooms on the last night and they said to leave everything in one area and they would move it for us. We came back in the afternoon and our room had all of our things in it--awesome! The buffet breakfast is incredible-everything you could think of it. I never got to experience the social hour but heard from other guests that it was amazing as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel (not to mention the location is great if you are gong to Disneyland)

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn for a total of six nights on two separate occassions and both were great experiences. The Park Vue is everything you want in a hotel. The location can't be beat. It's directly across the street from teh maingate, closer even than the resort's hotels. We tok advantage of that to put our kids down for naps every day. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We arried at 1 pm, two hours before check in, and they found us a room that had been cleaned and let us check in. One of the maintenance people even helped my daughter carry her luggage to the room. The free breakfast is the best I've had at a hotel and they even serve free appetizers over happy hour. Other freebies include free parkig and free high-speed internet. Finaly, and most importantly to me, the rates a reasonable. You really can't go wrong staying at teh Park Vue Inn. My only quible is that I wish they started breakfast earlier. It starts at 7, which is fine for a regular Disneyland day, but not early enough for "magic mornings."

Paso Robles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We recently stayed one night here on a whirlwind trip to Disneyland. We had the room with one queen bed and bunk beds. We got there around noon and our room was not ready (which was fine since they said it may not be and check in wasn't until 2pm), but they gave us a parking pass and we parked our car and headed over to Disneyland. They did not offer to keep our luggage in the lobby, but not sure I would have anyways. The kids loved the cold water and free cookies in the lobby! We did not get back to our room until 11:30 pm and had 3 very tired kids! Everyone went right to bed and the kids slept great. Beds are pretty squishy soft, which I liked but my husband wasn't too fond of. The breakfast the next morning was GREAT!!!! And we loved our basket in our room with apple cider & fruit. The only negative I could think of is that the hotel is very dated and the sheets were VERY rough. And people were loud outside our room in the room, but I don't think there is much you can do about that. Otherwise, I think we'd stay here again. Nice staff, awesome location and very nice "extras" make up for the older & dated stuff.

Modesto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Upon arrival, all seemed great. We had a Welcome basket waiting in our hotel room that included wine and fruit. I have a two-year old, who naps between 1:00P-3:00P, so we would leave Disneyland and go to the hotel room for his nap during this time. The housekeepers kept walking by our room with their cleaning carts making an extremely loud noise and yelling to each other back and forth. Our room was not cleaned the first day, so I had to call at night to request clean towels. There was no apology as to why the room wasn't cleaned. The next day, the same thing happened, so we had to ask them to clean our room. For the price we paid, I expected much more. There are so many hotels to choose from, and this is one I will not return to.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Park Vue Inn? Share your experiences!