“Great Value - Awesome Location” 4 of 5 stars

Park Vue Inn
1570 South Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #8 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Seattle, WA
“Great Value - Awesome Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I surprised my kids with a trip to Disney for Spring Break. I had to do my research on the down-low so I couldn't use Facebook to ask friends for recommendation. Solely using TripAdvisor - I booked 4 nights at the Park Vue Inn. I could not have been happier with our selection. The hotel is located right near the light to cross over to the parks. The rooms are very comfortable. A large fridge, microwave & coffee maker make storing snacks and reheating leftovers so convenient. The breakfast was more then adequate for a quick bite before the parks. The Cold Stone connected to the hotel gives guests a small discount. The only downside was the noise in the breezeway but once the air conditioning clicked on - it wasn't an issue. Next time I'll just bring ear plugs. The staff was courteous. We are looking forward to our next trip to Anaheim and will definitely book here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the breakfast room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Surprise trips to Disney are always a great idea and are always well received. I’m glad your family had such a great time. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us based solely on your research; that means a great deal to me. My staff and I work every day to provide great service that translates into great guest experiences. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers; we look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind Regards,

1,674 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
San Mateo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

As noted in all the other reviews, right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland Resort, as they call it now. The beds were comfortable, and the frequent hum of the air conditioner provided good white noise. With the noisy kids next door - the walls are thin - the sound was appreciated. The management seems to do a good job keeping it quiet after 10pm.
We could see the fireworks from our bedroom window, which on day three was appreciated. The pool and spa were fine, with towels plentiful at the pool.

The facilities, though old, were clean. All in all, it is a good place to spend the evening with your family after visiting the park.

Room Tip: I imagine you can see the fireworks better from the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. When you’re right across the street from both parks and you can see the entrance, it’s that much harder to for parents to contain the excitement children experience and express. I am happy you found a way to block out some of the laughter and excitement your neighbors were sharing. I am glad you were able to enjoy the fireworks from our property and that you took the time to relax by our pool. Thanks again for your comments and suggestions, we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Warm Regards,

Alpine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean. Location in relation to Disneyland was awesome. They let us park for free in the lot until midnight the day we checked out. This hotel was a very good value for the dollar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We will continue to do our best to provide a clean and confortable place to stay. It is always our goal to provide the highest level of customer service. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn.
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I just spent 3 nights at this hotel while visiting Disneyland with a friend. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. The beds were awesome, very comfortable. There was very little noise and we never got woken up. The air conditioner worked, there was a little coffee maker, free breakfast with waffles, bacon, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bagels and all kinds of stuff. The staff was nice and we asked for a wake up call which we did get. They sell tickets there for 5$ less than at the gates. The owner arranged for a driver to pick us up early Saturday morning to get us to the airport (same price as taxi and much nicer ride). There is a little store in the hotel that sells drinks, snacks and sundries of all kinds. There was a pool that looked nice but we did not use it. There were little soaps and lotions that were very nice for us in the room each day, plenty of towels and the rooms were made up each day. The gates to Disneyland are literally right across the street making this hotel the ideal place to stay! I will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
It was a pleasure having you as our guests. We thank you for your kind words. We hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you and your family. Thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn.
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Park Vue for six days in May. We were thrilled at the location and access to Disneyland! It made our vacation so much easier...the entry to the park is right across the street. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed having the full breakfast each morning and the rooftop seating. Pool was nice, it was nice to be able to walk back to the hotel during the heat of the day, use the pool to cool off, then go back to the park.
The rooms were clean, nothing fancy but everything we needed with a small fridge, microwave and comfortable beds. However, there was a lot of noise when we were trying to get to sleep at night...we were on the bottom floor and walls were very thin. Will request an upper floor next time. Appreciated that we could store our luggage at the office after check-out so we could spend time in Downtown Disney before catching our flight home that night. Clerk was very helpful in getting us a taxi to the airport. We will definitely stay here next time we come to Disneyland!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn. We are happy to know that your stay was great. We will continue to work hard, to provide the best service possible to all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a hotel(motel) for the family who wants to walk to Disney, crash at night and eat basic breakfast fare. It's clean, but very basic. The furniture is dated and the a/c is a loud wall unit. Once breakfast begins, expect little kids running up and down the walkway and a very crowded breakfast room. We were trying to save money, which we did. Was it worth the savings? Not to us!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that your stay was anything less than great. It is always our goal to provide the highest level of customer service, and a clean, confortable, home away from home. We thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn and hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you.
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

First, let me say, had I written this review one year ago, I would have given 3-4 stars for great location and a satisfactory room. However, this year, on the first night of my visit, I spun the toilet paper roll and a HUGE cockroach fell out and ran across the bathroom floor. I did manage to kill it (although it was very fast) and I checked the room for more, but didn't find any. I tried to convince myself that it might have been an isolated incident and that it might have come in with the maid service. The next morning, my friend, staying in the room next door, told me that she, also, found a large cockroach in her room. We reported it to the front desk, but they weren't very concerned and told us they were "palm bugs" that lived in the palm trees surrounding the hotel and that there wasn't anything that could be done. They wouldn't spray and didn't offer us any solutions. By the end of our 3 night stay, my friend had found 1-2 cockroaches a night (crawling up the wall behind the headboard, on the floors, and in a drawer!) I didn't find any other cockroaches after the first night, but was always on edge and checking around the room. I told the front desk again at check-out about the problem with cockroaches, and they just said "sorry,....here's your receipt". I was so disapppointed with the lack of concern of the hotel staff. Had they offered to spray or move us, or at least tried to find a solution, I may have felt satisfied. Unfortunately, I will need to find a new hotel to stay at for my Disneyland trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I’d like to address your review as it connects to the review of another guest from your party who posted the same complaint. Your account of this event and the frequency of your friend’s discoveries are inaccurate. I find it upsetting that you posted this after the great effort my staff made to address and correct this issue. We did relocate a member of your party to another room in house as you requested and the members that were not willing to move rooms were relocated to a neighboring hotel. A sincere apology and full compensation were given and you spoke directly with my room’s division manager and chief engineer as they were inspecting & servicing your room. When they couldn’t find anything you said everything was okay and you thanked them for their efforts. Then you shared a long story about how the guest’s from your party we relocated were over reacting. Hearing that and now seeing this post completely puzzles me. I’m not sure why you decided to tell only one side of the story, but I hope I can set the record straight. Contrary to your claims, we did have Eco Lab inspect and service those rooms the following day and they did not find evidence of any pests. I’m not sure what happened on your way home to change your mind, but when you left my lobby you seemed okay with the resolution we provided. I realize that some of your other family members were very upset with the circumstances; however we exercised great care and compassion in our efforts to remedy this situation. I stand by my staff’s efforts to respond, assist and deliver the appropriate solution.

Director of Operations

Been to Park Vue Inn? Share your experiences!