“Good place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Shepparton, Australia
“Good place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and were impressed with the rooms. They were clean, fresh and roomy. The free breakfast was very good quality and plentiful despite many reviews saying otherwise. We found it a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello and thank you for reviewing our property. Sounds like you had a great stay! Other guests have commented to me that the rooms in the back tend to be quieter. There is a more activity in the front of the property as folks make their way to the parks and kids express their excitment. Glad your family enjoyed our hotel. See you on your next visit.

1,706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Cons
Noisy rooms can hear everything,
outside ,next door ,above.(horrible)!!!
Walls and ceiling must be made of paper?
And I stay in a lot of hotels all over the world.

Pros
1.Staff are accommodating
2.Breakfast ok
3.Situated next to DL

I have had a better and cheaper stay at caravan parks
So wont be back and certainly won't recommend!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother Look elsewhere Very noisy rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tyler G.
Our hotel is older than most in the area and as the years go by we continue to upgrade, update and improve the quality of our rooms and overall property. Sounds like you may have been in a room with a connecting door to an adjoining room. There is some noise transfer between those room types. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. Unfortunately it seems as though your pros outweigh your cons and you won’t be back. Should you have a change of heart feel free to call ahead and we will do our best to assign you to a room in a quitter area of the hotel.

Redwood City, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

First of all, this hotel is literally the closest to the entrance to Disneyland and California Adventure; one cross walk away. Second of all, they have rooms perfect for a family with a couple of kids. Check out the rooms with the Queen size bed and Bunk beds for the kids. It's a fantastic and FUN idea! What a great deal for a family! Prices are reasonable. And the continental breakfast was more than a few notches up from some of the others on the street. Civil dinning area too; inside and an outside terrace. The staff was really nice and helpful. The rooms are a bit worn, but functional. Not the tidiest, but not disgusting! Very comfortable place to stay! Especially with kids. Fridge, Micro, coffee pot in room. Yeah!!!

Room Tip: Bunk bed rooms are great for kids!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words. It is always our goal to provide a clean, confortable, and affordable home away from home. We thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn as there are many options out there, but yes our proximity to the parks is one of our best amenities. Some of our guests say it’s about 300 steps to the main gates. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Located right across from Disneyland. Excellent complimentary breakfast so we found no need to go to the neighboring restaurants. Not plush, but very functional. Staff are friendly and helpful - they called our room and left messages asking if there was anything that they could help us out with, very nice.

Hotel is older so the rooms are not very sound proof and the bathrooms could use an upgrade. We could hear the footsteps of guests in the room above or running children on the second floor.

Perfect for little kids as we were able to head back to the hotel room very easily.

Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean, price is right. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They do not have an elevator so we requested a ground level floor so we didn't have to carry the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide a clean, confortable, and affordable, home away from home. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing Park Vue .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Park Vue is not a luxury hotel. It does not afford wonderful views of the fireworks from Disneyland and the rooms are generally small for a larger family or party if one stays in the economy rooms.

So why the high rating? Because we have stayed in several of the hotels here with more luxurious grounds . . . . and walked to the park in the early a.m. Our family of five with three children comes here to visit Disneyland. We are not here to see the surroundings outside or to shop or to go to other destinations. Walking quickly to the park in the a.m. so we may be close to the front of the line is important to us. Peter Pan, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Dumbo, etc. do not have a Fast Pass and must be ridden in first hour of park openning to avoid lines. We usually refuse lines of more than 10-15 minutes and still ride Indiana Jones, Big Thunder, and Space Mountains 2-4 times in a typical Day. Those who enter the park quickly with a plan and an understanding of the Fastpass systems and the way to "game" it, are able to ride more rides in less time with less walking and considerably less standing in line! (Thanks to Ridemax!) Arriving early for quick access to Fantasy land is key. So back to the particulars of this hotel.

1. Free self parking in safe lot.
2. Free breakfast such as it is to save time in not eating a long meal before going to the park. On our most recent stay, Park Vue provided beautiful fresh fruit, kids cereal and milk, orange juice, and coffee. That is all that's needed prior to our first round of rides in the a.m. They also provide hot items which are not of particularly good quality. Food was attentively restocked when we last stayed. The outdoor eating area is nice. Indoor area is crowded and chaotic.
3. Rooms were clean but a bit shabby in long part of the L-shaped block of rooms. They were also a bit tight. The boys did like the enclosed private feeling of the bunk beds but fitting in a rolling bed for third child made the space very cramped.
4. The walk from the short part of the L shape of rooms is quite long but the rooms on that end are modernized and larger. Feels like a bit of getaway from it all behind the little stand of trees if one doesn't mind the added walk.
5. Service has always been friendly and helpful. On one stay, we had to change rooms mid way through as we did not book early enough to finish in our preferred room. The hotel insisted on keeping our things safe while we were in the Park until our new room could be cleaned and ready. They moved all of our things after we left for the park and then placed them in our new room to be there when we came back from a long day of fun. Great service, kind gentlemen to move our things.
6. nice gated pool area with clean pool and lounge chairs. Family like to go for a swim when we stay during warmer months, in the afternoon when we have used RideMax to advantage and feel the need of a break.
7. Location, Location, Location! Easy access to room for breaks and quick entry into park in early a.m. and back at night!
8. No need to wait for the hotel's first shuttle that doesn't arrive early enough to snag a great spot in line for either Early entry or regular entry days! Just step out of the hotel and cross the street. The Shuttle must drop passengers right across the street from Park Vue anyway. Thus Park Vue Hotel residents and shuttle passenger walk the same distance! One already walks a lot in D Land. We just get there at the head of the line!

We wouldn't stay anywhere else for the value and convenience alone. We have tried the others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that your stay was great. We will continue to work hard to provide a home away from home to all of our guests. We do have to say the fireworks view from our terrace is pretty nice. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We've always wanted to stay across the street from Disneyland, and now that our entire party can fend for themselves, the time was right. The location absolutely cannot be beat. The entire staff was very cordial -- after check-in, that is. I was a little concerned at first when the young man who checked us in was not as welcoming as one might expect. Not rude, just not very enthusiastic. After that, the entire staff was very, very pleasant. I typically do not stay in motels with doors to the exterior, but I found no trouble with noise or other folks wandering onto the property. There is barely enough parking and the spaces are small, but it is free. (Parking tags help keep others from using their lot.) The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. The only reason why I did not give 5-Stars is that the towels had a cigarette odor to them for some reason. When we took one to the lobby, the front desk clerk said, "You know this is a non-smoking hotel, right?" Exactly! That's why we're bringing this to your attention! The next day, the towels were fine, leading me to believe that the employee folding the towels is a smoker. Also, oddly enough, one side of the toilet bowl was not bolted down to the floor securely, enabling the bowl to tip to the side slightly. I have a feeling we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy that your stay was great. We apologize for the inconvenience of the towel. We can assure you that our laundry employees do not smoke. We will take this information and help us better serve our guests. Thank you for choosing Park Vue . We hope to see you again soon.
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Park Vue Inn for 2 nights while visiting Disneyland. We visit Disneyland quite often and have stayed at many of the surrounding hotels. We decided to try Park Vue because I had read many good reviews about it, the location is unbeatable and the parking is free. Check in was great, we were able to park and pre register early so we could enjoy the parks. The hotel is right across the street (an easy walk) and that is were my positive comments run out. After a day at the park my family stopped by the lobby and retrieved our keys and obtained our luggage. Note: if you have a large family or a lot of luggage request a room at ground level. The hotel does not have an elevator and you have to drag all your luggage up the stairs (like we did). So before I put my children to bed I intended to give them a bath. Open the shower, FULL OF BLACK THICK HAIR. Okay, so I call the lobby. "Well thats the only suite available." They didn't offer to clean it or apologize for it NOTHING. We had to ask them to come up and clean the tub. Fifteen minutes later someone arrives to clean the bath tub. Half hour after that the tub is clean. Okay forty-five minutes might not seem along time but after a full day at Disneyland and I still have 3 kids to bathe I am more than a little irritated. Beds were not comfortable and they made noise every time you moved. Next morning: After I shower I grab a "clean towel" same black hair falls out of the towel. Other side note: I am 5'6" and was way to tall for the shower head. The breakfast was not stocked, coffee was no where to be seen and the food I did see was not impressive ( we ate else where). Upon check out, I did let the hotel know about my experience. The response I received was " Well YOU paid in full so sorry" Weird response since I hadn't asked for a refund. Kind of seemed liked they thought I was lying and trying to get a free ride. Also weird to respond that way since I watched the cleaning person take pictures of the hair in the tub (so the hotel is aware I am not lying). All seven of my party agreed...worst hotel EVER!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Rachel,

It seems like you had a less than desirable visit with us. I'll save any excuses and just say that we do our best to ensure the cleanliness of every guest room and pride ourselves on our service. According to our records your room was serviced, but unfortunately the after hours maintenance was assisting another guest when your call came through. The tub was photographed to show the room’s division manager the area of complaint. I hold all of my employees accountable and I have addressed this incident with both the housekeeper and the department supervisor. I only wish you would have requested to speak to me directly and I would have had the opportunity to correct this issue sooner. I would like to offer a sincere apology for your experience. I realize we may have lost you as a guest but should you have a change of heart, I would like the opportunity to be of better service to you and your family. Our door is always open.

Director of Operations

Been to Park Vue Inn? Share your experiences!