“If convenience is what you are after for your Disneyland trip...” 4 of 5 stars

Park Vue Inn
1570 South Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #7 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, California
“If convenience is what you are after for your Disneyland trip...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We've always wanted to stay across the street from Disneyland, and now that our entire party can fend for themselves, the time was right. The location absolutely cannot be beat. The entire staff was very cordial -- after check-in, that is. I was a little concerned at first when the young man who checked us in was not as welcoming as one might expect. Not rude, just not very enthusiastic. After that, the entire staff was very, very pleasant. I typically do not stay in motels with doors to the exterior, but I found no trouble with noise or other folks wandering onto the property. There is barely enough parking and the spaces are small, but it is free. (Parking tags help keep others from using their lot.) The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. The only reason why I did not give 5-Stars is that the towels had a cigarette odor to them for some reason. When we took one to the lobby, the front desk clerk said, "You know this is a non-smoking hotel, right?" Exactly! That's why we're bringing this to your attention! The next day, the towels were fine, leading me to believe that the employee folding the towels is a smoker. Also, oddly enough, one side of the toilet bowl was not bolted down to the floor securely, enabling the bowl to tip to the side slightly. I have a feeling we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy that your stay was great. We apologize for the inconvenience of the towel. We can assure you that our laundry employees do not smoke. We will take this information and help us better serve our guests. Thank you for choosing Park Vue . We hope to see you again soon.

1,724 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Park Vue Inn for 2 nights while visiting Disneyland. We visit Disneyland quite often and have stayed at many of the surrounding hotels. We decided to try Park Vue because I had read many good reviews about it, the location is unbeatable and the parking is free. Check in was great, we were able to park and pre register early so we could enjoy the parks. The hotel is right across the street (an easy walk) and that is were my positive comments run out. After a day at the park my family stopped by the lobby and retrieved our keys and obtained our luggage. Note: if you have a large family or a lot of luggage request a room at ground level. The hotel does not have an elevator and you have to drag all your luggage up the stairs (like we did). So before I put my children to bed I intended to give them a bath. Open the shower, FULL OF BLACK THICK HAIR. Okay, so I call the lobby. "Well thats the only suite available." They didn't offer to clean it or apologize for it NOTHING. We had to ask them to come up and clean the tub. Fifteen minutes later someone arrives to clean the bath tub. Half hour after that the tub is clean. Okay forty-five minutes might not seem along time but after a full day at Disneyland and I still have 3 kids to bathe I am more than a little irritated. Beds were not comfortable and they made noise every time you moved. Next morning: After I shower I grab a "clean towel" same black hair falls out of the towel. Other side note: I am 5'6" and was way to tall for the shower head. The breakfast was not stocked, coffee was no where to be seen and the food I did see was not impressive ( we ate else where). Upon check out, I did let the hotel know about my experience. The response I received was " Well YOU paid in full so sorry" Weird response since I hadn't asked for a refund. Kind of seemed liked they thought I was lying and trying to get a free ride. Also weird to respond that way since I watched the cleaning person take pictures of the hair in the tub (so the hotel is aware I am not lying). All seven of my party agreed...worst hotel EVER!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Rachel,

It seems like you had a less than desirable visit with us. I'll save any excuses and just say that we do our best to ensure the cleanliness of every guest room and pride ourselves on our service. According to our records your room was serviced, but unfortunately the after hours maintenance was assisting another guest when your call came through. The tub was photographed to show the room’s division manager the area of complaint. I hold all of my employees accountable and I have addressed this incident with both the housekeeper and the department supervisor. I only wish you would have requested to speak to me directly and I would have had the opportunity to correct this issue sooner. I would like to offer a sincere apology for your experience. I realize we may have lost you as a guest but should you have a change of heart, I would like the opportunity to be of better service to you and your family. Our door is always open.

Kind Regards,

Brian DeRose
Director of Operations
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I usually stay in 4 and 5 star hotels for business and 3 for personal travel so that can help you understand my comments and rating. It's great being right across the street and it's better than the hotel property immediately to the south. I prefer to be close and walk in than get a hotel shuttle every day, but the rooms are ok. Bed was great, pillows poor, bathroom not so great. One morning there was no hot water. We called and they got right on it and it was hot in 45 minutes. But the boiler shouldn't have gone out in the first place. The breakfast is pretty basic but does have the make it yourself waffles. No fruit. Very nice people. Overall, I would stay again, but maybe try another property to see if anything is better and close.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this visit. We will utilize your review to help us improve our hotel and amenities for our future guests. It is our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope that you would visit us again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This motel is tops for location to Disneyland and California Adventure. It's directly across from the access road running between the parks and as close as some of the Disney hotels. Our room had two doubles plus bunk beds, which was great for our larger family. It also had a separate sink/dressing area with a fridge and microwave. The included breakfast was not kept well stocked, and the breakfast area was over-crowded even with quite a few rooms empty for refurbishing. This could be a problem at high season, but it was nice to have something to eat before heading to the parks. There is also an IHOP right next door, a Coldstone Creamery off the lobby, and many other restaurants including McDonalds nearby. We would stay here again if visiting Disneyland for its great location.

• Stayed March 2013
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for writing this review. We are pleased to know that you stay was Great. We hope to see you soon.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a 'split stay' in Anaheim, first staying for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel then transferring to the Park Vue for 5 nights. We expected to be disappointed, but we weren't. We already knew that the location of this hotel was unquestionably fantastic but the service and room were also excellent. We stayed in a 2 queen w/pull out sofa room. This room also had a kitchen and the sofa was in a separate lounge room so the room was quite big. We could put our daughter to sleep and still watch tv without it disturbing her. The room was very clean and when we arrived the towels were folded into swans which was fun. They knew it was my birthday and had left a gift and a note to say happy birthday and a voucher for an icecream cake from cold rock (delicious!!) which was so thoughtful.
Breakfast is free and consisted of toast, bagels, waffles, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, waffles that you make yourself and eggs and sausages. It was a really great breakfast.
We were in room 212 and from our doorway we could see the Disneyland fireworks - there's an even better view from the breakfast area.
A few days into our trip we received a call from reception asking if there was anything we needed and if we were happy with our accommodation.
There is also a Denny's almost next door which has quite decent food at a reasonable price - we're not foodies so it was fine for us.
I can't say a bad thing about this hotel, it has everything, location, price, cleanliness, service, facilities, all excellent. If we get back to Disneyland again, we will stay here without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see the fireworks!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that we were able to make your stay excellent. It is always our goal to not just meet, but exceed our guest’s expectations. We will continue to provide a clean confortable home away from home to all our guests. We thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our family of four just spent 3 nights at the Park Vue Inn. It was our first time staying at this hotel after getting a recommendation from a friend. We loved the location, right across the street from the main entrance. The location was appreciated most by our legs after a long day at the parks, and there was also no complaining from our boys about the length of the walk back to our hotel.
We found the rooms a bit dated, but liked the overall room size and layout. We had a room with 2 queen beds, which were very comfortable. We also liked having the sink and mirror outside of the bathroom with the shower and toilet. The one downside to the rooms was the noise from adjacent rooms and the hallways. It seemed like you could hear every conversation nearby. Apparently, the hotel is aware of this issue as there are signs all over asking guests to not disturb other guests. It seems like some extra insulation and better windows would help.
Our family also enjoyed the breakfast each morning. There was a good variety of items to choose from. However, we felt that the quality of food offered was low. We also experienced problems with some items running out and not being refilled.
The hotel staff was very friendly and check in/out was quick and easy. We didn't have any major problems, so we didn't interact with the staff very much.
There also is a small market/store onsite, which was helpful when we needed to pick up some toiletry items we had forgotten to bring.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will take your recomendations to help improve our hotel. We are happy to know that your stay was pleasant. We will continue to work hard to provide a great place to stay. Thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Four of us (3 adults and 3-year old) stayed in a room with one queen bed and a bunk bed. Room was small, but spent most of the time at the Disneyland or California Adventure Park, so it did not matter. It was equiped with coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The hotel was very close to the main entrance, and we were able to watch fireworks from our hotel. Parking was free, even on the check-out day (until midnight), so it was very reasonable. Complementary reakfast had a pretty good variety of things - coffee, juice, yogurt, fruits, cereals, waffles, toast, pastries, eggs, sausage/bacon. Only feature that needs improvement was height of the sink, which was too high for our toddler, and there was no step stool. There were many toddlers staying at the hotel, so it would be helpful for those little visitors to be able to wash their hands.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It has been our goal to provide a home away from home. We will continue to work hard to provide this for all our guests. Thank you for choosing Park Vue, we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Park Vue Inn? Share your experiences!