“Went from Outstanding to Garbage” 1 of 5 stars

1570 South Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Announcement
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“Went from Outstanding to Garbage”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

What a difference a year makes!! Last year Awesome basket in room upon arrival with a bottle of wine, water, and fruit. This year NO Basket. Last year huge birthday gift bag for my daughter. This Year NO gift Bag. Last year dinner social. This year NO Dinner. Last year pleasant experience with very friendly Staff. This year staff sucks. This year more money a night to stay?????? Brian quit making excuses. These small things were what made the hotel cool. Other than that tiny rooms with thin walls and trash trucks at 6 AM. No thanks will not return

• Stayed December 2012
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
I have to say that this is not the type of review I look forward to, but they do help me to better my services. I do regret that you were so disappointed and I can appreciate that your expectations were not met. As you mentioned in your review, you seem to feel I am making excuses. I know that managing any business requires making decisions that are not always easy to make. Yes it’s true we discontinued Social Hour and scaled back on the gift baskets. However in doing so we were able to upgrade other amenities guests overwhelmingly requested such as better Wi-Fi, Flat screen HDTV's with free movies, and high quality amenities, sundries, towels and linens. We strive to provide world class hospitality and service and there are many challenges in that pursuit. I realize I may never have the opportunity to win back your loyalty, and this I will have to accept. However, should you have a change of heart; our door is always open to you and your family.

Brian DeRose
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We travelled with our 4 year old and chose this place because of the location and various reviews on here so we knew what to expect.

I would recommed for the budget concious and those who want to be within walking distance of the parks.
I would not recommend for people who require a little more luxary and being close to the park is not important.

Would we stay here again - No but that's a personal choice.

Pros
Location
Value for money
Breakfast included
Friendly staff

Cons
Rooms
Pool
Noise

Room Tip: bring ear plugs
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was really overwhelmed with trying to find the best place to stay for our 4 day trip at Disneyland. I wanted to be close as possible to the park, and found the maps really confusing while trying to decide which hotel looked best.
Park Vue hands down is the closest!
We had fantastic service. Checked in around 8:00pm. Very friendly staff. Snacks and juice were on the counter for us to help ourselves to. Seeing as we were checking in on a Sunday evening, they informed us the Fireworks at DL would be starting up soon, and gave us directs to the best viewing area on their property. We ended up just watching them from the parking lot, and had a great view even from there!
We had an awesome King Room with Jacuzzi tub. Lots of room. Nice bathroom. Nice little mini kitchen area with fridge, microwave, coffee pot and sink. Our room was really clean, and the bed was incredibly comfortable after our long day of travel, and long days spent in the park. They had a crib already set up in our room for our 19 month old daughter to use. Lots of extra blankets and pillows in the room which was great. Lots of towels, lots of toiletries. It was perfect!
Free breakfast was provided in the upstairs dining area. There was a nice selection of food, but it was so crazy busy in there, I would just run up at get peanut butter and jelly sandwich makings for my daughter, along with some apple juice and fruit to snack on in DL (sorry, Park Vue, I know you say that's a no-no to take food out of the dunning area, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who does it ;) ) and we would go and eat breakfast at the iHop which is right on the same property as the hotel.
The location was superb! You walk out of your hotel, and right there are the lights and cross walk which take you to the park entrance with is directly across from the hotel! Couldn't get any closer!
Also, the hotel has a nice gift shop. Hint, buy your water for the day from there for $1 rather then the $3 water in the park! We learned that quickly after the first day! The gift shop had juice and milk, which was great for our daughter, along with snacks, and nice souvenirs. I bought all the TShirts I brought home as gifts from the gift shop becasue they were about half the price as the TShirts in DL, and they had a great selections! Friendly staff always too. One lady who was working while I was shopping for all the TShirts even played with and entertained my daughter for me so I could take my time and have a nice relaxing shopping experience.
All in all, our stay was awesome! We will for sure be staying here next time we go back.
Thanks for a great stay Park Vue! See you again soon hopefully :)

Room Tip: The King Jacuzzi rooms on the back on the hotel are a ways from the front of the property (aka, entr...
Wiseton, SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Excellent value, great location, awesome breakfast, free parking, but if flying, no need for rental vehicle. Directly across from Disney main gate. We came with our kids and grandkids, was close enough to come back for a rest in the afternoon, or to stay with the baby while mom and dad went to Disneyland with the older kids for awhile. Quiet rooms, very courteous staff.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a great choice for our trip to Disneyland. The hotel was clean, staff friendly, and the convenience to the park couldn't have been better. We enjoyed the breakfast, hot tub, afternoon cookies, fruit and drinks in the lobby, and free parking! The towels were not soft. We'd come again!

Room Tip: We could definitely hear guests above us on the 2nd floor, but they were quiet by 11pm.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We recently stayed at Park Vue Inn as a recommendation from friends at work. They certainly lived up to their word. We stayed there for 3 nights for the sole purpose of visiting Disneyland with a 3 day pass.
The entrance is directly across the road. Absolutely fabulous location for the Park.
Also great eating places all around the Park Vue Inn, and very inexpensive, and great food.
We found the staff very pleasant, and when we walked into the room we were very impressed.
We booked a Jacuzzi room, and after walking for hours around Disneyland, it was a welcome treat.
The room was very clean, very spacious, and the bed very comfy.
The whole area was spotless, and we noticed someone constantly cleaning up the area.
Oh just one minor issue. The Internet is not very good at all. Very, Very slow.

Other than slow wifi, we would recommend for anyone to stay at Park Vue Inn. We would again that's for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our first time at park vue hotel. We stayed here because of the reviews on trip advisor. It is nothing fancy but clean and the beds are comfortable. The pool was very heated which is the only way I will get in one. It must have been at least 85-90 degrees. Because it is right accross the street from disneyland, we could come back to our room, have lunch, go swimming and then just walk back to the park. One night we did not feel like going back to see the fireworks and wondered if we could see them from the hotel. We opened the curtains and there they were. We layed in bed and watched them. The free breakfast was fine and the cookies at night were great. The hotel is not too pricey and you can not beat the location. We will stay here again. Oh yes and the staff was very attentive and nice

Room Tip: second floor was quiet. May want to ask for second floor towards the back away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park Vue Inn? Share your experiences!