“It's all about the location” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“It's all about the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The only reason anyone stays here is to visit Disneyland - and we are no exception!

Like everyone else says, you are literally as close as you can possibly be to Disneyland without actually staying at a Disney property.

The rooms are adequate - nothing fancy, but they're clean and neat and lets face it, that's pretty much all you need here.

We had a room with bunks for our daughters which makes a nice change as so often in a hotel they have to share a queen bed which can cause all sorts of issues at the end of a long day! A big bonus.

It can be a bit noisy out the front of the rooms - even though there are signs everywhere asking to be considerate to other guests, I guess people are loud no matter what - but hey, that's life and it's really no fault of the hotel.

Breakfast is great too - can get a little busy but not a huge problem. It's included in the rate - so it's another bonus.

We will definitely stay here again - can't beat the location as far as I can tell!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Creston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This motel is a great value for families going to Disneyland. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the breakfast is great. They offer scrambled eggs, bacon or sausages, waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, yoghurt, oatmeal, biscuits, potatoes and boiled eggs. Lots of seating. Coffee, juice and water all day in the lobby and delicious cookies every afternoon and evening as well as apples all day. We had bunk beads for our kids and they enjoyed them. The pool was great and the hot tub was perfect after a long day.
I read some reviews that mentioned noise. We were on the second floor near the breakfast room and can't complain about being disturbed at all.
Overall we found this place great and will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My family and I had a great time staying at the Park Vue Inn. We went for my daughter's 18th birthday celebration. The people there were friendly and gave my daughter a special gift, including free ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery, located in front of the property. They are located directly across from the entrance to Disneyland. They also provide a nice breakfast and various dinner items. Great place to come back to and rest during the day.

Room Tip: Ask to stay near the pool, if your kids plan on swimming.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

First of all, I should mention that the Park Vue Inn lists itself on their website and also on a sign posted in their reception lobby that they are one of Disney’s “Good Neighbor Hotels”. They are NOT a Disney “Good Neighbor Hotel”. They are not listed on Disney’s “Good Neighbor Hotels” website and I double checked with Disney’s travel information to confirm that.

That being said, my wife and I spent three nights there and were pleased with the accommodations. It is definitely a 2½ star hotel and there are probably nicer hotels/motels for less money per night in the immediate area, but you would have to really shop to get a better deal.

The one thing you cannot beat is the location! The entrance of the motel is about 30 feet from the crosswalk that goes to the entrance of the Disneyland Resort. That is this motel’s greatest advantage! You can easily walk to Disneyland, California Adventure Park and Downtown Disney in a few minutes. Unless circumstances demand otherwise you don’t have to drive to any of the Disney parking facilities, saving $15.00, or use the buses or shuttles, saving about $5.00 a person. The motel also does not charge for parking which is another savings, as many, if not most, of the hotels/motels in the area charge $15 to $20 a night to park where you are already staying (even more for valet parking). Being within walking distance also means that if you or your kids need a break or nap it’s not a giant hassle to do so. There are also plenty of family friendly restaurants within walking distance.

The room was nice and clean and fairly spacious. We found the staff to be very friendly and polite. Also when we needed something, like more coffee or tissue, we got it within minutes. The beds were comfortable, the closet large and there was plenty of drawer space. Again, the room wasn’t the very best, but it was extremely adequate. If you’re looking for a nice place to spend the night instead of luxury this is the place.

Just a few things to be aware of if you stay here: The parking lot is a little confusing. There is no assigned place to park when you register. Even though the parking spaces have room numbers painted on them, we were told there was no assigned parking, so you may have to hoof it to your room from your car. Also, there are no elevators, so if you have bulky or heavy luggage, or you have trouble getting around or using stairs, it can be a bit of a struggle.

All things considered, it was a nice experience and we would probably stay here again and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We used this hotel as a base to explore Southern California. It cannot be beaten on its location - being absolutely opposite the walkway entrance to Disneyland (over a pedestrian crossing). The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff gave excellent customer service, particular praise goes to the member of reception staff who was very helpful and assisted to do an online airline check in on the hotel computer when it was not going through on the house guest computer. The breakfasts were great, as were the free coffee, juices, cookies and trick or treat candy in the foyer. The pool is small but clean and very nicely landscaped, and there is a hot tub. The housekeeping was excellent. It is also very near to the bus stop where you can catch the Disneyland Express to the airport, and the GrayLine transportation to various SoCal attractions. A really great little hotel, which is not deluxe but is a perfect base for a busy holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Greeted by a cozy lobby, refreshments, friendly staff. Little things like directions to various places-including airport, printed out in the lobby. We were offered complimentary bottles of water which is a nice gesture as well. The room-we had the jacuzzi suite, was clean, well stocked with towels, shampoos, lotions, even bubble bath! Free parking is a BIG PLUS. And, like everyone says, You cant be closer to the entrace to Disneyland, It is DIRECTLY across the street! Just a short walk to the entrance gates. The housekeeping was superb, the pool was nice, everything was great!! Lots of pillows available and he beds were as comfy as any in a moderately priced hotel ; )

Room Tip: Our Jacuzzi room WAS in the back so its a little farther walk and its right next to the room with bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunlap, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you are looking for a clean, solid-to-nicer hotel with roomy rooms, free parking, in-room fridge & microwave, convenient IHOP & Coldstone creamery on site, with the shortest walking distance of Disneyland Resort, this is perfect. Good TV channel selection & free wifi. Breakfast included (though I didn't utilize but NO dinner as listed on the website I used).

However, there are a few things that made this stay not pleasant at all, most of which are completely out of the control of the management. I really wish to be fair and informative to others. It is a walk-up 2-storey. If stairs are an issue, request downstairs (they do their best to accommodate). Parking is safe but the spots are kind of narrow so choose wisely. The walk-way in front of the rooms is brick so you will hear strollers, service carts, and luggage passing by (clack-clack-clack). The pool is in the center of the complex in the parking lot and it is VERY popular. Even in the rain and cold they had to kick people out at quiet time. People DO NOT honor quiet time. You expect children, yes, but you expect parents to be considerate. NOPE. I had children galloping above my head for over an hour and people literally running back and forth on the walkway upstairs most of the night. One night of my stay was fairly OK and the other was miserable. Mind you, this is NO fault of the management. Just know it is a family environment and you will certainly hear families. However, afterall, it IS by Disneyland. Interestingly, they point out how you are able to watch the fireworks show from your room. What you don't think about is how loud those fireworks are. It so happened I had fallen asleep and it was as though a bomb went off in the room. I did enjoy the 5 to 10 minute show but it was loud enough to feel the concussion and might frighten children, disturb you if you happen to sleep early, etc. Perhaps it was the way the wind was blowing, but just know that you will see AND hear fireworks. Again, none of this was anything that would be a deal breaker or anything that management should improve. When thinking about feeding your family breakfast, paying for parking or trollies, worrying about cleanliness of the room, paying for wifi, having to drive to a restaurant, etc., there is a trade-off.

The one thing that bothered me, which most people would not have as an issue, is I have a mobility service dog. He is a young dog working while still training because my former dog passed suddenly of cancer before his successor could be finished off. I had corresponded with two different individuals from the hotel (not the booking site) and they were aware. I arrived and settled in to the room after my 6 hour drive. Knock at the door asking me to bring up my "paperwork". First, not all trainings give you some sort of "paperwork". Second, by law they cannot ask you to produce "paperwork". There are 3 questions by law that may be asked of you (is that a service dog, do you have a disability, is that dog specifically trained to assist your disability). I was told "everyone brings up paperwork". I produced the dog's badge and decided not to cause a stir, however I do not appreciate their disregard of ADA law. They photocopied my badge which has never happened, ever. Even a judge at jury duty could only ask those three questions and nothing more. It's the law. No one should be above the law, but again sometimes you have to choose your battles wisely. What bothered me most was how I was watched throughout my visit. I found a spot between the hotel and the next hotel to potty my dog, cleaned up after him, and made sure that he did not create any noise or leave any kind of mess in the room. Every time I took him out I had the managers/security watching me and one man even followed me around to see what I was doing with the dog the first night. It was unsettling. Considering the fact I am grateful to be allowed to have such assistance with me in public and I very much try to make sure the dog is little more impact on my environment than a wheelchair would be, it disappointed me. Considering more how much worse people's children were than my dog, I felt I did not need to be targeted. I have traveled extensively with this curent and my former two service dogs over the years and I have never been made to feel unwelcome, let alone had the law disregarded. This paragraph probably wouldn't apply to most visitors, but perhaps management will read it and realize their error for other service dogs in the future.

Would I stay there again? While the room was solid, there was a lot of out of control stuff and I generally felt unwelcome. Over the years I have stayed in many hotels around Disneyland and I likely would choose one where I personally felt more welcome. However, to be fair, once again, if you are looking for a clean-to-nicer, family environment, free parking, free breakfast, walking the shortest possible distance to Disneyland, and even where you can watch/hear/feel the fireworks, this is a good place for you. It may not be a good place for quite everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; I appreciate your kind words regarding our Hotel. I was however troubled by your comments regarding your service animal. Please accept our most sincere apology for leaving you with the impression that your service animal was not welcome in our Hotel. Although we do not allow pets in our guest rooms, we do allow service animals on the property and in our guest rooms. I can assure you that I take ADA laws very serious and I respect the animals and their owners. I will certainly address this situation with my staff to avoid any confusion regarding ADA laws and service animals in the future. I hope you will not hesitate to choose our Hotel for your next stay. We look forward to an opportunity to provide you and your family a service animal friendly home away from home.
Brian DeRose
Director of Operations

Been to Park Vue Inn? Share your experiences!