“Best bet, best location” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #9 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best bet, best location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

You need to understand that there's those that stay at the Disney resort hotels and there's the rest of us that stay at the budget hotels on Harbor Blvd. If you are going to a beach resort somewhere, you look for the best. Usually when you're going to Disneyland the most important "amenities" are how far do I have to walk to the park, is it clean and will they feed me? This place is all that and free parking. We've stayed at many hotels/motels on Harbor. This one is our favorite. Let me explain how it will be yours too. They have jacuzzi rooms. Let me explain further. You just spent your entire day on your feet, standing in lines. Can you think of anything better? It is the most rewarding thing when you leave at 9am and return at 9pm to your very own large jacuzzi in your room. At that point, it will seem like heaven, not a so-so hotel/motel. If you are one of us, searching for a place to stay on Harbor Blvd. because you don't see the need to drop a grand on a Disney resort hotel either, don't go there with your nose in the air expecting 5 star accomodations. After all, you know what they say; you get what you pay for. I really do think the fact that they have signs all over the place about being quiet makes people think before they get loud or let their kids get loud.

Room Tip: Go to Park Vue's site to get a jacuzzi room
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

1,707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I booked the Park Vue Inn after many weeks of reading through various reviews of this and other hotels in the area. Based on the location and the more positive reviews than negative, I went ahead and booked... I was extremely nervous as we were travelling from Australia and had never used on line booking before.
How pleasantly surprised we were. The Park Vue do not advertise as 5 star - so don't expect it. What you can expect is comfortable beds, spotless rooms and extremely pleasant staff which really made our Disneyland experience enjoyable. The breakfast was manned by pleasant and happy staff, with the meals sufficient to get a good start to the day. Social hour was a bonus - do not think that it is a full evening meal. It is advertised as a "light meal" so we were not sure what to expect. In saying that, out of our 8 nights there I think we only ate out 2 nights. The food on offer varied from soups and salad to tacos, nachos, mini hamburgers and hotdogs. Certainly not a "full" meal but enough to have a snack in between the frequent trips back and forth to Disneyland. We enjoyed our first Disney experience and were delighted with the accommodation at the Park Vue Inn. We will definitely return!

Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

The best surprise about this hotel were all the freebies...bottled water, fruit, cookies, wifi, breakfast and dinner! There was even a gift basket waiting for us in our room with a bottle of white wine. I don't drink wine, so I don't know if it was any good or not. The hotel was clean and updated. Some of the rooms have been renovated with fireplaces and flat screen televisions, but ours had not. Our room had a Queen sized bed and a bunk bed with a trundle that slept all three of our kids. The room was small, but functional. The rooms are not every soundproof, and it was impossible to sleep past 7:30 AM when other guests start moving around. All staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet saved us a ton of money. You can not get a better location for walking distance to Disneyland.

Room Tip: bunk bed with trundle sleeps 3 kids, same price
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

The Park Vue Inn has lots going for it. It isn't deluxe, of course, but neither is the price, so that's fine with me. It *is* comfortable and the staff is friendly and attentive. It's a very good value, and its location can't be beat--five minutes' walk to either park gate. My only dissatisfaction in the past has been with unreliability of the free wifi signal; but not this time! It looks like the problem, whatever it was, has been resolved and the wifi access was strong and steady during my whole stay. The complimentary breakfast each morning is very nice--including omelettes, bacon, fresh fruit and lots more. All in all, I love the Park Vue Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

It took a long time to decide on a hotel due to most charging for parking, no free breakfast, no shuttle(or having to take the ART-anaheim resort transit). It came down to Candy Cane Inn or the Park Vue. They were both the same price, Candy Cane offered the only hotel w/ their own shuttle that was free but it wasnt as close as the Park Vue. It also didnt have the special birthday special package(balloons,gift ,cold stone cake) , the gift basket w/ a water/wine/fruit, or the social hour.

We were very happy in choosing the Park Vue Inn. It is so close to the park. We loved not having to wait for a shuttle at the end of the nite.
We have a 6 yr old and 3yr old, we were able to ake a break mid-day, kids napped then swam and had lunch then back to the park for the remainder of the day.

The rooms are clean and updated, but this is not the four seaons, so dont expect it. I have read a few reviews regarding the carpet and how dirty it is: the parking lot is directly outside the rooms, if anyone knows how dirty asphalt is then you know that the oils in it transfer very easily. There is no way to keep the carpet clean unless you remove your shoes or the hotel steams them every week. Understandable to be concerned if you have a toddler crawling.

The walls are thin, we did hear our upstairs neighbors once but the hotel has signs everywhere and I mean everywhere about keeping quiet and most people adhere to it.

Overall, we would stay here again.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

After reading all these reviews and seeing that it was rated #4 on Tripadvisor I thought this place had to be awesome. I thought it was fairly overconfident handing all the guests a card with the website on it and asking they review it. I always review anyway so this is my experience, good and bad. It certainly was not awesome and I have to wonder what type of accommodation people are used to who rave about it and say it's amazing and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

We arrived and were allowed to park for free for a few hours before our room was ready. When we got in the room it was a queen/bunk room not a queen queen room as I'd booked. It was ok though my kids liked it. However that might have been a problem if it was not suitable. They did not mention this at check in. However, the check in was easy and the front desk staff always polite and helpful but not really all that friendly.

The room smelled slightly weird and there was a funky smell coming from the bathroom sink. Smells are a bad thing in hotels. The carpet was filthy but the bunk beds were good and the queen bed was ok. It appears the pillow top mattress is fairly new but I found it too soft for me and it felt like there was a peak in the center and I was rolling downhill to the edges, Also, the mattress pad was not the correct size(too small) so there was about a foot on either side where the sheet was right on the mattress. I also find that yucky The furniture was a little old as some reviewers have said and the room definately needed some cleaning, repairs and updating. But the mini fridge was roomy and the microwave good.

This is certainly not the cheapest Diseyland accommodation. I chose it based on location, free high speed internet and breakfast/social hour included. If you look at the rate you will see it is higher and therefore I do not think that the interet and food is actually "free' as some seem to think. It is therefore fair to rate it as a paid for item. The internet access was pathetic. I was rarely able to log on, only about twice in 15 attempts and event then it was SO slow I gave up before I was able to get the information I was looking for. My son was never able to get on with his ipod touch, I attended 2 social hours. One was tacos which were good. One was nachos with fake liquid cheese and stale chips, not good. After that we stopped going.

The breakfast consisted of the following. Do it yourself waffles - pretty good but there was no butter for them, only margarine. The cereals were bad looking oatmeal, fruit loops, bran flakes and corn flakes. The milk provided always seemed to be chocolate. I did not attempt the egg products as they did not look appealing and the sausages were grey. I did not see any "omelttes" as another reviewer mentioned. The bread products were white bagels, white bread, white donuts(some covered with frosting and sprinkles). One day only there was whole wheat bread and bagels. There are packs of cream cheese available and jam in only 2 flavor s(marmalade and grape). After being told there were hashbrowns daily, we only saw them for a fleeting moment once. The juices are not really real juice and the coffee is instant. The is one flavored yogurt there and some of the cut up fruit that comes in a bucket. The fresh fruit is always apples, oranges and bananas if you're lucky - same as in your room and the front desk. Basically we ate a little fruit salad and a waffle every morning. Don't leave the waffle station or your waffle will be stolen. The manager at the breakfast was always polite and helpful. One reviewer mentioned plenty of healthy choices but other than the oatmeal and fruit I would question that.

The pool was clean and nice as was the hot tub. It was nice to see the fireworks from there. There are plenty of chairs, towels(tiny) and not tons of rules or enforcement. The front desk always had cold bottled water, cookies often warm and good, lemon water and oranges and apples. That part was very nice.

The noise level was very high, not from the street but from the other guests. I have no idea how one reviewer came to the conclusion that the walls were thicker than other hotels and no noise could be heard. I could hear normal conversations in the next room, their tv and of course the screaming baby. The worst was at midnight when people came back from Disneyland talking loudly, kids yelling - I wonder what parents teach their kids? Also being on the first floor the noise from above was terrible, from people just walking on their floor, to more kids running and stomping up and down the outside walkway. Ididn't need an alarm as Iwoke up at 6:30 every morning when I could hear all the showers.

The real selling point of this place is the location. It truly is 5 mintues from the park gates. If you stayed at the Disneyland hotel and had to walk to the gates rather than using the monorail, it would be further. There are a few other hotels that are just as close. I f you plan to take shuttles or do not need to return during the day I would suggest many other nicer places. I have even stayed at the Fairfiled and Hojo which I prefered to this place. It was ok for what we needed but cleanliness is a real big thing for me and this place just didn't cut it. If you could get a room for under $100 here then I'd say it would be a good deal. Otherwise shop around before booking.

Moruya, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This 60's MOtel, masquerading as a HOtel is dog-eared, noisey, grubby and tired. It is in urgent need of an overhaul. If it wasn't for the brilliant location, very good staffing, free parking, (rare along the Sth Harbor Blvd strip) free breakfast, free evening social hour and free welcome basket, I'd be giving it just 2 green dots, not 3. The nearby IHOP and attached Cold Stone Ice-creamery helped too.

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights last week and each evening we could hear the neighbours on our left, our right and above us. The walls are so thin that we could actually hear the mattress creaking and groaning as the people next door were turning over while sleeping. Like any older motel the guests cars are parked right outside the rooms and every night we could hear doors slamming, alarms being activated, de-activated or going off, as well as coming and going. There are about 300 rooms in the place so there are a lot of vehicles too.

As far as the rooms go, they are quite spacious and reasonably well equipped. The sheets and towels are changed regularly and the rooms looked great on our return each day. HOWEVER, the carpets, although vacuumed, urgently need steam cleaning and shampooing. We walked around in our socks for about an hour when we 1st arrived and although it didn't show on my black socks my wifes yellow ones were absolutely black with filth. I later looked into the bottom of the wardrobe and saw what the carpet looked like when it was new and compared it to the floor in the room. The difference was amazing. The beds were obviously once comfortable and although they are still doing their job will soon be needing new mattresses.

When I chose this motel, I naturally looked at Trip Advisor reviews and wondered why there were so many 1st time contributors rating this mediocre place so highly. Upon checkout I found out. If when they ask you if you enjoyed your stay and got a positive response, they give you a card with TA's website address and urge you to write a review. I expect if when they ask the question and you give a negative answer, you wouldn't be offered the card.

20 years ago, I stayed just up the road at HoJo's. This time, with our bones getting older, I looked for a closer place to stay and chose the Park Vue Inn. I wish I'd gone back to HoJo's again, a real HOtel. I will next time, should there be one.

Room Tip: Compare all motels/hotels along Harbor Blvd 1st.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Vue Inn? Share your experiences!