“GREAT Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“GREAT Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel is in a great location-walking distance to everything-Disneyland parks, fine dining, family dining, fast food, etc. Our room was larger than expected and very clean. It was cleaned very well every day. There was parking. The continental breakfast had a nice variety of muffins and pastries, coffee and juice. Even trays to take the food back to your room. The staff was always available and very friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool because it was raining, but the pool and surrounding area were clean. I can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel. A great value for the money. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Chubbuck, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I can not say enough good about this hotel. After spending a full week with my family (12 total) here we could not have had a better experience. The staff went above and beyond too make our stay perfect! The facility was neat and clean from the rooms to the pool to the laundry. The price was excellent for what we needed and the bunk beds made the trip for my kids. Breakfast is included and served daily. Within a short walk to Disneyland and California Adventure plus many restaurants and shopping venues. Public transportation pickup/drop off locations are on site, and the staff will make sure all your needs are taken care of.

Room Tip: Rooms are available with bunk beds, or sofa sleepers for families with more than 2 children which is...
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a great stay!!!
Excellent location to Disneyland, perfect for walking to restaurants and shops.
The rooms were large, clean and the price was very very affordable.
I would highly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This past week, we've stayed here and truly appreciate the kindness and friendliness from the hotel staff. The rooms were very clean, very close to PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory and multiple other eateries. Quick shuttle ride or .5 mike walk to Disney. Best value....the past five years we've been coming to Disney and staying other places, but we'll come back to the Islander for sure. You will enjoy it too.

• Stayed February 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed for one night in a two bedroom suite. It was nice to have a suite so my family of 5 could stay in 1 room - 2 TVs and 4 queen beds was nice. Bathroom was a little small for 5 of us. Breakfast was not impressive - some pastries and donuts that didn't look good. The biggest plus was the free parking and that they let us park in the lot before and after check out. It was about a 10 min walk to disneyland.

Stayed February 2014
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear jenba97,

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Disney. The four queen bed suite is quite a spacious room for big families on a budget. May we also suggest getting two smaller deluxe rooms adjacent to each other so you could have two separate bathrooms. Our breakfast is very modest as we are a very small establishment. We always to try to help our customers by offering free parking before and after checkout based on our availability. Thank you again. We hope to see you back soon on your next vacation.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just got back from our Family Disneyland trip. We were trying to do this trip on more of a budget so I chose the Islander. It isn't far from the park at all, but its not right on the Harbor strip. I think it is about a half mile walk. No problem! I am very happy with this hotel. I have been going with my family for years and we always stayed at the Candy Cane.. I am now bringing my husband and kids and on a budget, couldn't do the Candy Cane. This hotel is very worth it. The rooms were clean. The first day it had an odd smell, I think the cleaning supplies that were used.. But it went away. The rooms are a decent size, and seem to be pretty new. We chose upstairs, since our last hotel experience was so noisy downstairs.. Noise was pretty good.. There was some guy yelling in the parking lot outside one night, but that can happen anywhere.. We never woke up early enough to check out the continental breakfast.. The only downside was the beds.. They weren't very comfortable.. I woke up sore in the middle of the night so I had to either sleep on my back, or with a pillow to support my legs.. Staff was friendly, location good, overall a good stay!

Room Tip: I would just say the top floor to avoid noise.
Sonoma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I knew when I was choosing to stay here it wasn't going to be anything special, I really just wanted somewhere close to Disneyland. However when you've been walking all day, this place feels like it is miles away from the park. I made the reservation and put in the notes we would be celebrating our three year anniversary. Usually hotels do something special, however we weren't even really acknowledged. The breakfast Buffett was not breakfast, and the tv had the worst reception and most channels didn't even work. This was all fine, as I said we really just wanted the hotel to sleep. But then today as we were sleeping in before our eight hour drive home, I recoeved a call from the front desk asking if we could check out before 11am because they had a mixup. The worst part was they weren't even really asking, more like telling us that we had to check out ASAP. It is not my problem you overbooked, and this definitely left me with a very sour taste in my mouth when we should have been treated much better. I would not recommend this place and would not stay here ever again. Very big disappointment.

• Stayed February 2014
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear emilymillward,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are currently reviewing this matter. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests. We sincerely apologies in advance for your treatment.

Been to Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!