“Great location, friendly staff, okay room” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct and Save More
Ranked #10 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Washington DC
“Great location, friendly staff, okay room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights with a buddy of mine to attend the NAMM conference at the convention center. First of all, the location to the convention center was perfect. 5 minute walk and we were there. I loved the fact that we didn't have to drive and pay the exorbitant amount for parking on site. I wasn't there to go to Disney, but I can see how even the proximity to Disney would be awesome. My buddy and I walked to downtown disney one night and passed all the main entrances on the way. It was literally walking distance. If your family can endure a half mile walk, then you probably don't even have to pay for parking if you go to the Disney parks.

I ran into 3 different people staffing the place during my stay and they were all super nice. Very warm, friendly, and welcoming. One of the day it rained there and I asked him where I can go to buy a poncho and he just gave us his own umbrella for us to use during the day and told us to just return it at the end of the day. What a great guy. The same guy also told us things to see and do at the Grand Canyon when we made our way out of there on our last stay. Staff was excellent.

The breakfast was pretty decent too. Had good pastries and your normal hotel coffee. Kinda watered down, but can't really ask for more at any hotels.

Lastly, the room was just okay. For two guys who literally just went to our rooms to sleep at nights and who are extremely low maintenance, it was more than fine. Maids did a great job of cleaning and rooms were kinda dark and musty, but clean, nonetheless. However, I'm not quite sure if I would stay there again, if I were to bring my family. I'll probably spring for a little better accommodation if I ever bring my entire family.

All in all, I recommend this place to any one or family who are relatively low maintenance. The great location and staff makes up for any things that the Inn might lack.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and had a very pleasant stay. The room was on the second floor in the back and very quiet and very clean. We arrived early (9:30 am) on our first day there and we were allowed to check in at that time because they had a room available. That was nice to get settled in and then walk over to Disneyland. The staff was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions regarding Disneyland (they sell the tickets there also), transportation, and places to eat. Very helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: In the back, second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located 2.5 blocks away from the entrance to Disneyland resort. With the distance, you can opt to take a shuttle or just walk. Restaurants are within walking distance. There are pizza place, subway, and Chinese fast food resto by the corner of Katella and Harbor.

The hotel itself participated in Disneyland good neighbor hotel program, which enable guests to purchase Disneyland Hopper passes at discounted price. It helps, especially since Disneyland charge you arm and leg at the ticket booth by the gate.

As for the hotel itself, good value. It's intended to be a family oriented hotel. Majority of guests who stay here were families. The building itself is old, but the owner seems to maintain it real well. We had good experience during our stay and did not experience trouble as other guests stated here.

• Stayed August 2012
Newark, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here in September. We had 6 adults and 2 kids in a 2 room suite. The rooms were decent sized and you can't beat the price. Located very close to Disneyland, the shuttle comes evey 30 minutes and its only about a 5 minute ride to the park. Check in was easy and the people were friendly.

Breakfast was coffee, juice, mini muffins and mini apples

Here's the problems: rooms were filthy. When we arrived there was gritty dirt on the bathroom counter and the carpet looked and smelled like it had never been cleaned. Kids went barefoot one time and feet were black. Found hair and dirt on the 'clean' towels. We found a random bottle of lotion on the ground and a beer can behind the nightstand. Rooms were musty and smelled like mildew and BO. Even with the great price and location we will never stay there again because we can't comfortably touch anything because its so dirty and gross

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you stock up on Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer to scrub everything down
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Tammy N
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are deeply concerned about your experience here at the islander & are currently looking in to this incident. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Paradise Valley, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

They gave us a free upgrade from a 2 queen with a sofa bed to a 3 queen bed room. That was nice.. The room was large enough the bathroom was a bit small....but here is the problem.

There was a fire in the heating unit in my bedroom while I was gone. So when I came back to my room to go to sleep there was no heat in my bedroom and the room smelled AWFUL.

I couldn't sleep in there because it smelled so bad and there was no heater..
The management didn't offer to help at all. I wound up staying with some people I just met because they had already heard what happened and offered me one of their beds.

In the morning I went to the office and explained that given the fact I couldn't sleep in the room that I paid for that I should have the rate discounted or the charge removed entirely. They charged me the full amount.

I don't feel this is appropriate. They didn't offer to move us to a different room after it happened and they just generally didn't seem to care at all that their faulty equipment caught on fire and scared the heck out of us. Now my luggage stinks like fire and I have to go on another trip with it smelling like that.... very dissapointed.

Room Tip: ask how often they service their heating units and how will they help you if their equipment causes...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear AZactiveobserver, We are extremely sorry for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Here at the Islander we constantly strive to give all our guests the best experience possible. Your incident will be thoroughly looked into and is currently under review. We hope you decide to give us another chance to make it up to you.
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was taking a trip with my two sons to Disneyland and picked this hotel because of its location to the parks and it had free parking. We arrived around 8 am and check it wasn't until 1pm but they let us park in the lot and gave us our parking pass. They did this without us even checking us in. When we arrived later to check in, when they found out I was with my two sons they gave us a bigger room at no additional charge. The room was clean, comfortable, affordable and only few minutes walk to Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
falkirk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights prior to a Disney Cruise then 5 Nights afterwards. Rooms were good size, front desk staff without exception were very helpful and acommodating letting us leave bags to go to the parks on both occasions. We had first floor room and ground floor. Both rooms were fine. Dealing with some issues we had read about prior to our stay,

1. The Free breakfast, considering it was free it was fine we had something most mornings and although i agree coffee was not strong i used the Coffee machine provided and the free coffee from the room which was fine. If you wanted, at the end of the block there is a 7-11 and you could get some higher quality coffee for the room mchine if you wanted to.

2. The carpets, yes we did notice that they made your feet very dirty, we kept flip flops on.

Some other observations,

Pool is not heated, which was fine given how warm it is but if you are someone who dives right in it might be a bit of a shock.

Rooms were well equipped best item for me was full sized refridgerator. Great for keeping the beer from the 7-11 cool.

Pool area is very nice, we spend quite a bit of time just chillin and splitting our park days into 2 sessions

Walk to the park was about 10 minutes no problems. The Anahiem garden walk with shops and lots of nice eating places right across the street.

At the end of the block across from 7-11 was around 6 or 7 places doing Pizza,it was very nice, Indian and Chinese food, Subway and more besides.

Further up towards Disney were the usual chains, such as I Hop and Dennys. Best of those was Mimis, they do a great takeaway lunch deal for a family for around 20 dollars.

All in all a good value hotel with good facilities and freindly staff, so despite the minor issues we would have no hesitation in rebooking if back in Anahiem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!