We stayed at the Howard Johnson for one week at the end of April this year. The reviews on this website helped me make my decision. As it was going to be a once in a lifetime trip for us, making the right decision was an absolute necessity.
I would have to agree with most of the comments on this website, the Howard Johnson was definately value for money. The rooms are large and well decorated. The noise from the freeway was not a problem at all (and we had a room that backed onto the I-5 - Building 2). A fridge in the room made it very convenient to store drinks etc. and the view of the fireworks from our top floor balcony were spectacular!
Staff are very helpful and polite. Gift shop is well stocked. Kids loved the pool area and arcade. Make sure that you try Mimi's Cafe across the road. It has the most delicious food - just like home cooked! The staff at the restuarant are the nicest wait staff we encountered on our 5 weeks of travel through the USA and Canada. And the little extras that they provide with your meal (bread rolls and carrot cake), made it really affordable.
The walk to the park is not very far 5 - 10 mins. No need to catch a shuttle! Our kids aged 6 & 8, didn't complain once.
In fact the only downside to this hotel was that the beds are not the most comfortable to sleep in (my husband who has a sore back, actually slept on the floor for a couple of nights). We did mention this to the front desk, and although I guess there is not much they can do, suggested extra pillows!!
Overall a wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California