We initially reserved an "office room" that had a refrigerator and microwave, but later was able to switch that to a Disney view room for the same price. We stayed at building #1 on the 7th floor and could see the Monorail tracks, the top of the white/gray mountain (is that called the Matterhorn?), and the Tomorrowland bronze-colored structure from Disneyland. In the distance, I could see the Paradise Pier ferris wheel and the Screamin' roller coaster from DCA. The place is clean-clean-clean. Even the corners of the bathroom mirrors were clean. Kudos to Esther (I think that was her name) the cleaning lady assigned to our room who was very thorough and prompt in cleaning our room. We left our room to eat breakfast at around 7:30, by the time we came back by 9am our room was done! It was too chilly for me to even consider taking a dip in the pool, but I think some with hardier consistencies enjoyed it because the pool had its share of swimmers. A huge plus was the game room where my son and I spent some waiting time. The gift shop is great! From ice cream bars, to toiletries, to souvenir items I think they have it all. For those of you who can only sleep in total darkness, ask for a room that is NOT on the 7th floor of building 1. My husband hardly slept the 3 nights we were there because our room had these pretty glass arches that let light in. It seemed like the sun rose earlier in California and set later too! It can also be an issue if you try to ask preschoolers to take a nap in the afternoon. It's really bright in there. But our room looked exactly like the room that's posted on their website. I just didn't realize the arches were going to be a problem for my boys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson