We spent four nights at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel in Anaheim, and it was the nicest of six different hotels we have sampled in the area over the last 20 years. We had two large adjoining rooms in Building 2, overlooking the Garden Pool. Everything about this hotel--staff, grounds, pool, sprayground, cleanliness, service, price--was perfect for us.
We made our reservations six months in advance, using our Entertainment card, and got an unblievably low rate. On top of that, parking was free (unusual for Anaheim) and abundant, which made a big difference for us because within our group of six people, we had three cars to park.
We had read here and on other sites of freeway noise being a problem here. It is true that, from outside the building you can always hear the freeway. But you can also hear the Monorail and the Mark Twain whistles! Inside our rooms, we heard no extraneous noise, except an occasional excited young family walking down the hall.
You do need to be forewarned: the walk to the entrance gates of Disneyland is truly closer to 15 minutes than the 8 minutes the hotel advertises. This was not an issue for us, but might be to other families.
The hotel doesn't provide a continental breakfast, and there is no restaurant on the premises. But the gift shop is very well stocked with juices and breakfast rolls, and there are microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. We sampled the two adjacent restaurants (confusingly, "Mimi's" and "Millie's") and found them to be convenient and reasonably priced. And Mimi's has an extensive, interesting menu and full bar.
It was unanimous among the three generations of our family that this is now "our" Disneyland hotel. We look forward to staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson