Our stay started out just fine with a friendly and fast check-in. The room itself was adequate. Positives were comfortable bed and pillows, strong shower and curved shower curtain. Negatives on the room were weak AC...just wouldn't get cold; icky carpet and I felt like I was walking in a swamp when I stepped on the gross carpeting. Fridge was turned off when we arrived and I had milk I needed to put in, it took awhile for it to get cold. If you like a dark room you won't get it here. The curtains stick out along the windows edges so a lot of light comes in, we were on the first floor and I understand that rooms above that have sunburst windows with no shading at all. We did have an incident with housekeeping. On the last day, I had left two bags in the room on top of the dresser. Check out time is noon and we returned to the room at 11am and the door was open, the room had been made up and our bags were gone. Finding the housekeeper, I asked her for my bags and after several minutes of insisting that I did have bags in the room, she handed over only one bag. I had to go to the front desk and speak to a front desk manager and after about 30 min she returned with my other bag and said that the housekeeper had thought it was trash and it was by the dumpster. Bull. Bull and Bull. Who would think that a travel bag which by the way had some brand new merchandise purchased at Disneyland was trash, and I dont' believe for a minute that the bag wasn't inspected. And why on earth are they taking things out of the room before check out time? The answer I was given was that it was a common practice because some guests don't check out. That's fine AFTER check out time but until noon that room is mine. I paid for it. The thing is, the front desk manager didn't really care at all. She gave a lukewarm apology but the attitude was that this was common and I was annoying her. Even though I got all my things back and nothing was missing, it really put a damper on the stay and the poor attitude of the staff was the clincher. I also wrote the corporate offices when I returned home and have received no response. This is a very bad business practice. The discounts here aren't worth it and remember you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California