“Family Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Lake Macquarie
“Family Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is in a good position to Disneyland with a little walk. (note to miss the crowds going to disneyland cross to the Disneyland side at the lights near Hotel) As others have said it is slighty dated but I did notice they were updating one of the wings while we were they.
We had a upstairs room near the carpark. The room was clean and all the normal things the you would expect. One thing that did BUG us was the room had a arch roof light which let the light in frist thing in the morning and no way of stopping it. With jet lag bad it was hard to get used too. The pool/kids area was a hit with our children (maybe not as much of a hit as Disneyand). The staff were very helpful. Overall I would stay there again But ask for a ground floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the top floor If you like to sleep in
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Czech first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Enjoyed a three night stay in Kids Suite 1618. Room was spacious and clean, but freeway noise and vibration was quite strong in the King bedroom, perhaps because we were the last room on the corner, literally over the freeway. Another disappointment was the complete lack of shade in the kids splash pool area. Impossible to sit out there on a hot day. Otherwise, a great budget friendly option.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this Hotel other than its just slightly dated. Its located just 2 minutes off the I-5 and when you stop here its only 10 minutes walk to both Disney parks. There is a tiny waterpark on site as well as an expensive tiny gift shop selling essentials. I only paid £197 for 3 nights - and even though it was booked through the now insolvent Clever-Hotels and they went bust midway through our stay - there wasn't a problem! Beware though when you do make the Disney walk not to be accosted by the Wyndam Timeshare Rep from a neighbouring hotel - offering you 'a free breakfast'. This hotel should warn its guests against this. Its a fully functional hotel that does the job - but I would advise booking direct rather than through Trivago as our 'Clever-Hotel' bust experience was quite stressful - we thought we were going to get billed again!

Greensboro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor and MouseSavers I decided to book a Kids Suite at the Howard Johnson in Anaheim. I was a little skeptical as I travel a lot (for business and vacation) and Howard Johnson is not a typical choice for me. However, I was NOT disappointed. We arrived at 1pm (checkin is at 4pm) and they had a room ready. The front desk staff was able to answer all my questions about area restaurants and Disneyland.

At first our room was a bit musty smelling but after running the air for about an hour there was no odor at all. I was traveling with my husband, 2 daughters (3 years and 3 months) and my mother. My daughter LOVED the bunk beds and my mother was quite comfortable sleeping on the bottom bunk with my daughter on the top bunk. The king bed in the other room was very comfortable as well. The hotel brought a portable crib (not a pack n' play) which was great. The mattress seemed a bit hard to me but my daughter slept wonderfully in it so it must have suited her just fine.

Having 2 full baths was a huge plus as well. We were in Building One (I think all the Kid's Suites are in that building) and faced the interstate but there was no noise. The room was VERY well sound proofed. We did not have a Disney view but were in the parks until closing every night anyway so for us it didn't matter.

The room had a small fridge (no freezer which was a downside since I typically pack bottles with ice packs). It also had a Keurig coffee maker (something I've never seen even in 4 star hotel rooms).

We did visit the little water park and my 3 year old loved it. She was a bit intimidated by the big bucket dump but a bell rings to warn you so it wasn't a problem.

The walk to Disneyland was not bad at all. I've honestly walked farther in Disney World parking lots than we did from this hotel. We walked to Downtown Disney the first night and that was the longest walk since its on the far side of the Disney Resort from the hotel. However, my 3 year old walked it by herself (no stroller) so it wasn't too bad.

All and All...a great experience and a GREAT hotel choice!!! Would stay here again and highly recommend it. Feel free to contact me with any questions about the hotel or Disneyland/CA Adventure. Happy to help!