We were debating between the HoJo and another location nearby. We chose here mainly because of the kids water playground which is fun for kids 8 and under. The front desk staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly! They answered questions about the property, local food, the ART bus, etc. Both check in and check out were quick and easy. When pool needed more towels, they were right on it. It's about a 10 minute walk to Disney entrance, but the ART bus is nice at the end of a LONG day. Realize the HoJo is the last of three stops so it does take about 20 minutes on the bus to get back.
Our room, a Deluxe King, was clean, well kept, and the maid service was great! The bed, bedding, and pillows were very comfortable, big plus! The bathroom felt clean and was very roomy. The 32" TV mounted to the wall was nice, but a bit undersized for the room. Fridge and microwave were ideal for keeping and heating up snacks. A/C was cool and quiet. We didn't use it, but the in room safe would fit cameras, laptops, etc.
During our stay there were a couple of issues that felt beyond anyone's control. First, the low pitch hum of the freeway in our room, (Building #2 second floor) made it a little challenging to get back to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night. When I inquired the next day if we could relocate to a quieter room, the front desk was very accommodating, but we chose to stay rather than pack everything up and relocate to a new room. There must be some way to buffer the building from the constant traffic - taller/thicker landscape, taller sound barrier, better insulated windows and walls...
The hotel was refurbishing rooms next to ours which began early in the morning at 7 am with what sounded like scraping and sanding. Because we didn't have early entry to the park this was an hour before we would have normally gotten up. The worker apologized when he saw me leave the room, but we were all up at that point so it no longer mattered.
Finally, there was a letter in the room when we checked in letting us know that they were working on the landscape so there would be some noise during the day, which there was. So napping was out of the question. Overall, the landscape at the hotel is beautiful and well kept, we just happened to stay when they were working to keep it nice.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay, even with the difficulties, mainly because the hotel is clean, very close to Disney, and next time we'll find the right room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson