“Good location and great service. The rooms facing...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save at least 15% Now!
Ranked #5 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Alberta
“Good location and great service. The rooms facing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good location and great service. The rooms facing Disneyland park are more expensive but not as well kept (old and worn) as the other rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

4,150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Tumbler Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is perfect for a short walk to Disneyland. it isn't the closest hotel to stay at, but nice big rooms, close restaurant, and clean rooms. Would definitely stay again. The waterpark isn't ideal for kids over 6 or 7 years old I don't think, but the pool is nice.

Don't hesitate to stay......I don't know why this place would ever get bad reviews.

can't wait to get back to Disneyland!!!

Room Tip: We were right by the garden pool on the bottom floor and I recommend it. :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Erskine Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

17th march 5 days stay
staying for the last part of our family Holiday was just what we needed 5mins walk to Disneyland this hotel offers comfort and affordability . the water park for the kids breaks up the day after walking all day and for the bigger kids the pool is great as well the only thing i would suggest is to ask at the front desk for ear plugs as the traffic will keep you awake all night anyone thats stays here be sure to say hi to Mary down at the kiosk what a beautiful and helpful lady and also go to Mimmis across the road the resturant is faultless very cheap and very good food we will stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the hyw due to taffic noise
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here March 7-17th. Honestly the only reason we stayed there was because a. it was walking distance b. the pirate spash park. Having a child that cant swim alone a pool would have been a drag. When we first got in our room I was happy. My mom was being a negative nelly and I still dont think she was to fussy about it. But she's picky. I think she was really put off by the bathroom. Ours wasnt bad just the door frame was cracked. It would be better if they had bathroom fans. I found it clean. The whole complex is very clean IMO. Our maid was simply amazing too. Very sweet. I couldnt figure out the thermastat at all, I am not sure it even worked. The front desk was very busy everytime we went down there and it wasnt worth waiting. I guess it wasnt important enough.

The splash park was a god sent. It was so hot last week we couldnt stand the park long as it was also very busy. We would run back and enjoy some water time. its a very short walk (once you get to the road lol).

I think that the main lobby should have coffee pot in it or a bigger keurig that holds water because my mom was often up before us and didnt want to wake the LO so she would run over to mimi's. She is a smoker so it would have been nice if she could have just ran into the lobby and grab a coffee. She met another lady who was also a smoker and she had the same complaint.

While we were there my 3 yr old son burned all up his entire forearm on the curling iron reaching for his toothbrush. Of course we are nowhere near a a drugstore. My mom went to the lobby and surprise they had nothing. Not even a first aid kit? I highly recommend you invest in a small first aid kit. They're cheap. I know we will be packing one next time we travel. My mom ran into the store and managed to get some medical tape and gauze which cost $10. Mom being a nurse was disgusted at that knowing how much the 2 items cost. But what do you expect, you're in disneyland. Thankfully the lobby had scissors we could use to cut the materials lol

Would I stay again? If I went within the next year, yes. 2 years from now? probably not. I would go with a place with a hot breakfast like the first time we were in anaheim. That was such a time/money saver. Hojo is very expensive. we had to pay $25 a night to upgrade to a room with queen beds. I always though queen was standard. Sharing a bed with a 3 yr old that rolls everywhere including off beds, a double would have been a real headache.

the wifi is terrible so if you need it at night to catch up on work or facetime/skype with family.. forget it. though it works better in the pool area so maybe just go down to the lobby. my teenage son was excited to lay in bed at night and watch netflix because a. the tv would have been noisy for my 3 yr old to sleep and b. there was nothing on the few channels we had but the connection was to poor to even do that.

Room Tip: The fireworks are VERY loud and so is the freeway. I would choose a room away from both.