We stayed at this hotel on February 28th for one night on our way to Honolulu. We had stayed at this property last June, so we knew what to expect.
I booked this hotel through a tour wholesaler, GoGo Vacations this time since it was $35.00 less per night and it included tax. The check in was flawless and they offered a map of the property. The only difficulty we had was the parking since it was 10:30 p.m. we had to park around back by some of the two story buildings.
The room was clean and the bedding was comfortable to sleep on. This time our room had two sinks one in the bathroom and one outside of the bathroom. This was much easier since we wanted to get to the park first thing in the morning.
The room had a Kuerig coffee maker and a fridge in the room. I know if I would have stayed longer I would have also like a microwave in the room. When you have kids they normally only eat half of the food and want a snack back in the room.
We did not take advantage of the water park or the pools this time, because they did not open until 10:00 a.m. We did walk by the pools and they still look well kept.
There is an arcade and a gift shop on property.
We did eat at Mimi's for breakfast. A quick savings tip before you depart, go on the Mimi's website and register for their discounts. We received a coupons for a buy one get one free birthday meal and we received another coupon for 4 free muffins.
I like this hotel because they do not charge for parking or a resort fee, where many of the hotels in the Anaheim area charge for either one if not both of these fees.
The hotel is an easy 12 minute walk to Disneyland.
I would stay at this property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California