We are a family of five and at the time of staying here the kids were aged 9,7 and almost 3. Our flight from New York was a late one and after we finally got out to Anaheim it was well after midnight.
We were tired, the kids naturally were exhausted and practically falling asleep on their feet in the foyer. The staff could not have been more welcoming or understanding of how we felt.
Within minutes we had our key and staff offering to help us with our luggage and just after gaining access to our room we had the extra fold out bed we had requested at late notice when checking in. No fuss, just great service.
Our room was clean and has a small bathroom which for a family of 5 made it tight but it was'nt a big issue. It was great however to have a decent bath for the kids. there is a bar fridge in the room which came in handy for all our bottles of water each day and had an extra wet area sink outside the bathroom also with a mirror which became very useful. The room was plenty big enough for us all and the beds were very comfortable.
Our view off our balcony was straight out to the reception area and down to the pool area. We found our room to be quiet regardless of the fact that the hotel as mentioned in other reviews is bordered by very busy roads/highways.
On our other trips we had stayed at Carousel Inn (3 times) which is pretty much directly across the road from the walk down to Disneylands entrance. This hotel is on the same strip but about 10 minutes walk further up and we did not find this to be a problem at all. If anything we preferred it. Our kids did not mind the walk and we liked that the hotel was a little seperated from the others on the strip there.
The pool area was the main reason for choosing this hotel this time around and it did not disappoint. It was open late enough when we were there and was a great fun way for the kids to finish their day no matter how tired they were after the parks. It was well staff and maintained with pool towels in a stand for you in the area so you need not bring your own. It is a large area but never seemed overcrowded and there were never any issues gaining a chair. We did not use the other basic pool area in the back part of the hotel at all but seemed quite popular all the same. The grounds are lush and green and is lovely to walk through.
There is a laundry area which does get busy but i went down there quite late at night, had a short wait both times although it gave me a chance to chat to other guests and compare travel stories!
Staff were very knowledgeable in regards to bus routes and gave great ideas of different transport options to help us get around the surrounding suburbs.What especially made me happy was their interaction with the kids, staff in all areas (front desk, pool and even cleaning staff) would make sure the kids were happy and enjoying themselves, by asking them questions and having a laugh.
We are planning a trip back and have recommended this hotel to other friends who have already planned trips to stay. Highly recommended, next time we will be sure to stay much longer!
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.