We are a family of 4 with two kids (1 and 4 years old), and normally like to stay at 4 star plus accomodations. HoJo Anaheim was recommended to us by a co-worker and it did not dissapoint! We stayed here for 6 days at the end of Aug - early Sept while visiting Disneyland and running the Disneyland Half Marathon (Sept 2). We paid $190 per night for a Family Suite and found it more than worth our money in every way!
The Family Suite was clean, colourful and very accessible (in Building 1). They contain two very large rooms - the main room with a bunk bed and sofa, and a bedroom with king bed, microwave and mini-fridge. The king bed was super comfortable - isn't that what you're looking for in a good hotel? My son loved the bunk bed. It was very close to the waterpark (which our 4 year old loved - water slides, toddler pool), right across from Mimi's Restaurant, and convenient for getting on the "main sidewalk" to Disneyland. We found the service here to be exceptional. If you asked for anything from the front desk, it was often delivered within 10 mins - they were also knowledgeable and helpful. The parking was also plentiful and FREE! Wow.
Although the WiFi didn't work all the time, it was way more reliable than other hotels we have stayed at this summer. It worked for us 85% of the time. Come on folks, you're on vacation - not to sit on the computer. My husband did have to work from the hotel one day and had no reliability issues. The food at Mimi's Restaurant was awesome and very reasonable prices compared to the parks, and had healthy choices too! We got a take out menu the first day and ate there almost daily. We called in a pick-up order and it usually only took 10 mins. We had our best meals in Anaheim at Mimi's and we dined out quite alot (not including Carthay Circle which cost 10 times as much). We probably ate there about 10 times in 6 days and never got sick of it.
HoJo is not the closest to Disneyland if that is what you are looking for. It would be a solid 8 min walk pushing a stroller. We normally went first thing in the morning, then came back to the hotel for lunch/mid-day and to play in the waterpark and then returned to the parks around 5pm. This meant 4 times 8 minute walk every day. Although we found it to be ok (we were there to run a half marathon), this might be an issue for some folks, particularly if they had "walking" toddlers or limited mobilty. (Although if walking isn't your thing, what are you doing at DL?) We found the positives of the hotel to outweigh this negative.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean & fun hotel. We spent alot of time in the hotel room (with a one year old who napped alot) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It surely outdid our expectations, as did the staff there. Having Mimi's across the street was a huge bonus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson