We stayed at the HOJO Anaheim Plaza for 4 nights with our 4.5 & 1.5 year old May 29-June 3. This place was amazing. It was the perfect hotel for families looking for an 'all in one' package. After playing all day at the theme parks, it was so nice to come back to the hotel and let the kids play in Castaway Cove. There is also a garden pool, which was nice to venture over to when Speedy's playground got too busy.
We had a room that had a view of the fireworks.(building1) It was so nice to sit on the balcony and watch after kids went to sleep. (however, we honestly were not prepared at how loud the fireworks were... ) The rooms were clean. The housekeepers were great. Our room had a fridge & microwave. Also, a KEURIG coffee machine, which was an extra bonus to the room. Our air conditioning seemed to not work to top notch. It was quite warm while we were there (29-30 degrees). So, having a cool room to relax in was a huge bonus. We just turned our a/coff during day, and cranked it on when we got back to room. I suppose we could have contacted the front desk to make them aware of our concern, but... in all honesty, it wasn't worth taking the time to do so.
The mainstreet market store has everything you need. (tip: for adults looking for cold beverages, the 7-11 carries beverages for MUCH less and is only a 10 minute walk down Harbour Blvd. EX: 6 budweiser at HOJO=13.50, 12 budweiser at 7-11=9.99 :) just a friendly tip :) Same goes for milk, chips, snacks etc.
For eating nearby, Mimi's cafe had everything imaginable & was reasonably priced. HUGE portions. We also dined at California Pizza, Bubba Gump Shrimp & Cheesecake Factory @ the Anaheim Gardenwalk which is a 15 minute walk (approx.) I would HIGHLY recommend cheesecake factory. It was unbelievable! Over 40 flavors of cheesecake to choose from, and the portions were LARGE. Very pleased with this restaurant & wished we had one in Canada.
This is the 2nd time we've stayed at the HOJO Anaheim, and I have no doubt that we will return to this hotel the next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson