I booked our stay at the Howard Johnson Anaheim based on other TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed with my decision. We had a park view deluxe room on the 3rd floor in building 1. Fireworks were directly in front of us which we enjoyed each night we weren't in the park to watch them "live". We stayed 5 nights. The room was clean and spacious with a mini fridge and microwave, tons of drawer and closet space, comfortable beds, table with 2 chairs, desk, free wifi, and television console. The bathroom was standard with good water pressure in the shower, power flush toilet (not my 7 year old's favorite noise) and a single sink. There was also a sink outside the bathroom so that one could finish getting ready while someone else was using the bathroom. I always appreciate that set up. Walking distance to the Disneyland Resort was less than advertised, but we are quick walkers. Regardless, it was less than 2 city blocks to the parks. Not connected to the hotel, but across a parking lot is Mimi's Cafe, which we never took advantage of, but saw that it was popular. (Join Mimi's Cafe club for coupons and discounts before your visit.) It was a bit too chilly to enjoy the pool, but one day was warm enough for the spray park. My daughter enjoyed the water slides and dump bucket while her parents enjoyed the hot tub. There were plenty of umbrella tables and lounge chairs in the spray park area. The pool is located elsewhere, although there was a "pee pool" for toddlers in the spray park. Reviewers complained of freeway noise. Yes, there was freeway noise, however I'd much rather deal with that kind of noise than convention center late night revelers, another reason I chose HoJo over hotels close to the convention center. There was no partier noise whatsoever. We had neighbors above and beside us who we heard during normal waking hours. They must have been on the same schedule as us. Lights out at 10. I booked online and got a wicked price for a great room, great location, great stay. I highly recommend HoJo Anaheim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California