“Not A Boutique Hotel but Ok for Disney Visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim

You added Hotel Indigo Anaheim to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   435 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Not A Boutique Hotel but Ok for Disney Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I travel a lot, averaging 7-10 trips annually. With that said, I admit that my standards for service and accommodations are high. My go-to hotel brands are Luxury Collection, Starwood, Kimpton, etc. I have Travel Connoisseur status on TripAdvisor and Expedia Gold+ membership. I state this not to brag but to confirm my travel experience/knowledge.

When I planned a recent Spring Break trip to Anaheim to haunt the Disney Parks, I sought out accommodations that “on paper” met my standards. I checked the Hotel Indigo’s reviews on both TripAdvisor and Expedia. I felt comfortable with my reservation.

Pros:
Location: The Hotel Indigo is located 3 blocks from the Disney Parks. No car is necessary if your primary purpose is to do Disneyland / California Adventure. Katella Avenue is lined with hotels, restaurants, convenience stores (CVA, Walgreens). Basic needs are easily accessible.

Service: At every touch point during our 4-night stay, every employee was friendly. Our package included breakfast in the small cafe in the hotel lobby. However, the quality was wonderful (tasty food, clean dining room, friendly servers). It was a treat to start the days with filling breakfasts.

Ok:
The room was not what I expected (and I carefully reviewed the online photos). I travelled with a teenager and wanted a suite with a separate bedroom, for privacy reason. The “family suite” consisted of two queen beds in a narrow room, and a sofa bed by the window. The room was so narrow that we moved the desk chair as it blocked the walkway at the foot of the two queen beds. I will add that the room faced Disneyland and had a view of the nightly fireworks show (we watched on our arrival evening).
Bathroom was ok. Nice glass shower with updated vessel faucet, granite/tiled surfaces and Aveda bespoke amenities.

Cons:
Sadly, my vacation was compromised due to rude, loud, obnoxious Spring Break guests. Upon returning to the hotel after 16+ hour days at Disney (12:45-1am), for our last two nights, the guests next door on our floor had parties (slamming doors, loud laughter, smoking). On the first night, I informed the night clerk at 1 am. I heard noise until 2:30 am (me and my daughter collapsed by then). Unfortunately, we missed breakfast as we overslept due to the excessive noise. Sadly, we experienced the same scenario on our last night. Was like Groundhog Day as the same night clerk informed me (during my 1 am call) that he had talked to the offensive guests (obviously his talk wasn’t effective).

Upon checkout, I asked to speak to the hotel general manager (Edward V.) – he met me in his office to discuss my concerns. He respectfully honored my request to comp the last two nights of my stay – very professional and THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

Lessons Learned: Don’t trust hotel pictures exclusively (even on respected web sites). If you have very specific room configuration needs, call the hotel to confirm before booking. Although Mr. V addressed and resolved my concerns, and I appreciated his professionalism, I will likely not return to the Hotel Indigo. Although it is touted as a boutique hotel, it simply did not meet my expectations based on price and quality. I will give the Indigo 4+ stars on service as each employee made an effort to make me and my daughter feel welcome during our stay.

Note that the area around the Disney parks (and Convention Center) attracts a seedy street element. Be aware/careful walking late at night back to your hotel. Stick to main lighted streets and pay attention to your surroundings.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend room 331. Small, cramped but had view of Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was close to disneyland but sleep quality not so good because it was loud in the hallways.
The pool was really cold but refreshing after a day at disneyland I made a new "friend".
There was a restaurant in the building so we didn't have to go out as much the food was pretty good.The staff were really nice.It was also really clean and looked very new.-Kiki age9

Room Tip: choose a room above floor one so it will be less noisy.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Management1Team, Manager at Hotel Indigo Anaheim, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for your nice review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim. We are very glad you are satisfied with location, foods, and guest services. Every one of our employees tries their best to meet and exceed each guest’s expectation. They will be happy to know their efforts are paying off and have not gone unnoticed. We would like to apologize for the noise from the hallway. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss about it further more. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and hope to see you soon!
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Arrived at the hotel to a friendly girl at the front desk. Easy check in. Room is very modern and clean. Room has a kuerig coffee maker. Floors are beautiful wood and Bathroom is very nice. My children (5&7) said that is was such a nice place. Free parking which is hard to find around Disneyland. My father and sister who live near Disneyland came to visit and they didn't make them pay for parking. The bar has a happy hour which we enjoyed for mine and my sisters birthday. They bar tender even treated us to a free desert. Hotel is about a 10-15 min. Walk to Disneyland. Beds are very comfortable. We ate breakfast at the restaurant in the morning with our food vouchers. Food was amazing! Manager greated us in the morning to make sure we enjoyed our stay. We only live an hour from Disneyland but when we go for two days we sometimes get a hotel and I will definitely be staying here again and recommending to friends.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here on our trip to Disneyland and we were not disappointed. The room is very modern both in decor and design. The small fridge was handy for leftovers from the restaurants we ate at (but you'll have to ask for a microwave hopefully at the restaurant). Wifi signal was decent (and complimentary). Parking underground was a huge plus and we could come and go with no extra fee or charge. Our window allowed us to see the fireworks (always at 9:25pm)

Service was very good. Front desk was very friendly, housekeeping gave us fresh coffee and cleaned the bed, and arranged the towels in those animal shapes in the bathroom.

The only minor issues I would mention are that the combination shower head and wand cannot be used simultaneously, it's just one or the other. Also, the door to the bathroom is a traditional swing door - when opened all the way, it blocks the door to the room effectively blocking your way out if you need to escape. It might be better if the door was sliding. The walls and floors are somewhat thin so we can hear movement above us and outside the door. Since this is Disneyland area, that means kids running and jumping.

well worth it.

Room Tip: ask for a room view a view of the fireworks
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim. We are delighted to hear that you are satisfied with room, complimentary wifi and self-parking service, and guest services. We would like to apologize that the combination shower head and wand cannot be used simultaneously and the noise from the wall and hard-wood floor. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss about it further more. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and look forward to see you in the near future!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When we walked into the hotel, we knew that this was the perfect hotel. There's a parking lot for the hotel, but you need a room card first. You can eat breakfast at the Cheesecake factory which you can walk to, and you can arrive at Disneyland in a 10 minute walk. Breakfast is also served at the hotel, but I wanted to try the Cheesecake Factory. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and they would help anyone with anything. I recommend staying at this hotel if you want to go to Disneyland and definitely buy Disneyland tickets from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter and you get good sleep quality
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your nice review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim. We are glad to know that you liked our location and guest services. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We look forward to see you in the near future!
Hem, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

From the moment we arrive, the personnel made us feel home, they were charming all stay long. The hotel is located 10 minutes from Disneyland by walk so quite easy and has plenty of restaurants around for eating of Disney property

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Management1Team, Manager at Hotel Indigo Anaheim, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your nice comment about our property. We are delighted to hear that you are satisfied with our location. We hope to see you again in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on a whirlwind trip to visit LA theme parks. We were here for 8 days, of which 4 wee spent at the two Disney parks - the hotel is a short easy walk to Disneyland each day. The location was exceptional, because it is placed partway between Disney and the local Restaurant precinct (not the Disney one). Our room was at the back giving us a view of the Disney fireworks. Staff were helpful, friendly and our room was excellent as a place to sleep - we didn't really spend a lot of time in there. Have and will recommend it to friends and family over the usual popular and more expensive hotels. In-house restaurant food was also good, we had snacks one night before heading to the Honda Center down the road for ice hockey (they also arranged a private car for this and the driver was fantastic). Also ate breakfast one morning towards the end of our stay and regretted not doing it more.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor (4) at the back offer a good view of the fireworks at Disneyland.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your nice review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim. We are delighted that you loved our location, guest services, and our breakfast. The primary goal of all of us is to provide our guests with best possible service and meet or exceed their expectations. We look forward to see you next time!

Been to Hotel Indigo Anaheim? Share your experiences!