“Awesome from start to finish” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Anaheim to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   435 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Yorba Linda, California
“Awesome from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We found Hotel Indigo completely by accident --- we were planning a party at the bowling alley at Gardenwalk and needed a hotel within a safe walking distance for any mildly-to-moderately intoxicated members of our party to get between the party and the hotel without any concern for driving or the like. So we started walking down Katella and within a minute found the beautiful looking Hotel Indigo!

It looked great on the outside so we were concerned it might be too pricey for us to rent enough rooms for our whole party. Almost ready to move on to something that looked more affordable, we went to their website and saw their prices were completely within our target range. Satisfied with the location, the exterior, and the prices, we went for a tour. Alex from the front desk walked us through the entire hotel, showed us the (free!) underground parking lot, the pool, hot tub, cabana, etc. Don't be fooled by the fact that this was previously a Holiday Inn --- the amenities and decor and service are all top notch.

We booked the rooms in person and got a great rate. Luckily we went a few weeks in advance to plan --- on the busy weekend of July, the hotel was clearly booked up when we arrived but we had no trouble finding parking spots for ourselves and our guests.

Although we only stayed one night, everyone swore they enjoyed the stay immensely. We hung out in the pool/lounge area to cool off on the hot night, and relaxed in our rooms at the end of the long day of excitement.

The biggest asset the hotel has is its staff --- everyone we met & worked with was incredibly accommodating even to us as a high-maintenance, large and active group of young adults. We saw other guests there of all types; families, business travelers, couples. All appeared to be enjoying their stay as much as we were. The guy that helped us from start to finish was Alex, but everyone else that worked there seemed to share his attitude of doing anything to find a way to make sure we were enjoying our stay.

Our group is already telling me to plan our next day of fun/adventure and that Hotel Indigo should be our landing spot at the end of it once again. I agree and can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Needed to be in town for an AAU basketball tournament. Hotel filled with our team and others. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the first floor but the window looking at a wall. We had arrived late and only a few rooms left. We asked the front desk to work with us as my husband is quite claustrophobic and were staying four days. I wish I could remember the clerk's name but he worked with us and within 10 minutes we were in a room that my husband could stay in. From this point on, our stay was great. The desk always willing and able to answer questions with a smile, the pool, though small, worked well with the kids. The location is walkable to many things which was great. Internet free! Don't find that very often... We would recommend this property and will probably stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
Saint Peters, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Looked at staying on Disney property but came across the Indigo and was very impressed. Staff was amazing and very friendly. Had one family room with two queens and a pull out couch, and a regular two queen room. Keurig machines in both room with several choices for a morning brew. Two block walk to the parks which would have been just as far at the on site Disney hotels. Much less crowded walk from Indigo. Nice outdoor pool and spa. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 6 nights last week. The front desk staff was wonderful to work with and the rooms are so nice! The beds were so comfortable - like sleeping on a cloud!

After reading the reviews with concerns about noise from above, I requested a top floor room. Emily could not accommodate me but mentioned that had I called ahead, it would have most likely not been a problem. She seemed to know right away why I was asking and told me to let them know if we had any issue with noise. She mentioned that they had ear plugs available. At this point, I was very concerned and was expecting the noise to be horrendous! We really had no issues. We did hear some noise from above on a few occasions but nothing to really bother us. I can imagine though that if there were little kids above running back and forth, it might be a different story, but then again, if there were little kids they would probably be sound asleep when we wanted to go to sleep.

The walk to DL took us about 13 minutes. This was really nice for us to not have to deal with parking. However, the kids did complain at the end of the night when they were tired and didn't want to walk back. I know the ART shuttle is available but at $20 a trip (for the four of us), this didn't appeal to me. Also, lots of great restaurants close by!

Only downside I would say is the wi-fi. It kept going in and out and sometime took a long time to connect.

Should we come back to Anaheim, I would definitely stay here again!

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

After an exhaustive search, I finally chose Hotel Indigo for our recent Disneyland visit. This is a charming boutique hotel, within a 15 minute walk of the Disneyland parks.

I'm a Disney fan, who lives five hours from Disneyland. Needless to say I've been going there all my life. But I'm also a Walt Disney World vet, who as taken the cross-country trip to Orlando many times. While I always stay at Disney-owned resorts in Florida, I refuse to pay the outrageous rates that Disney charges for their three Anaheim hotels. The experience is just not the same.

Back to Hotel Indigo. What's not to like? The hotel has been nicely remodeled (at a cost of $5M), and rebranded. The rooms are quite nice, with dark hard-wood floors, flat screen TV's, iPod docking stations, a comfortable desk, mini refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious, with plenty of towels, and good bath products. Each room also includes a closet with a safe.

Other amenities include FREE PARKING in a small outdoor lot, AND in their own underground garage. The swimming pool and spa are very nice, and feature comfortable (cushioned) lounge chairs. Like many hotels/motels along Harbor and Katella Blvds, the swimming pool is located in the driveway area. BUT UNLIKE other lodging locations, this area has a wall that separates it from the driveway, creating a quieter, more private experience. A covered cabana and a separate sitting are located on either side of the swimming pool, and are nicely furnished. Both are available to all guests at no extra charge.

This hotel also features a restaurant and bar, and offers room service as well. Service from the staff was good. I did not get the exact type of room I requested. But considering it was summer season, I understood. The only issue with my room was poor water pressure in the shower, which I got used to. Other reviews mentioned noise from upper floors caused by the wood flooring. This was not an issue for me, and I was on the 2nd floor, with two floors above me.

We've stayed at another IHG property (Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort on Walnut Ave), and enjoyed it as well. The main difference is that Hotel Indigo does not charge for parking, or a resort fee. The walk from this hotel to the parks is less than 15 minutes. Simply follow Katella to Harbor. Cross the street and go right for two blocks and you're there. The walk is safe, with plenty of other Disney guests following the same route.

This hotel is also very close to Anaheim Garden Walk, with several nice restaurants to choose from. With Disneyland's 60th anniversary coming up next year, I expect probably two more trips to the area. I will absolutely return to Hotel Indigo each time I return.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

great hotel. grea t accommodation great rooms great staff friendly people gooooooood house keeping job and helpful for anything great service clean rooms . close to everything restaurants shops also free parking space. this hotel is amazing and professional people and respectfull. good ac system laundry perfect. I will stay in indigo hotel next time I go to Anaheim. is amazing. you have to stay and try this hotel I recommended . very clean. my respect for the housekeeping job.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a good service, clean rooms, friendly people good housekeeping job try this h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed with Hotel Indigo Anaheim on July 24th, 2014. I say with because the staff was incredibly friendly and you feel right at home with their hospitality. I had the pleasure of checking in with Victor who had been the nicest front desk agent I've EVER worked with checking in. (I myself work front office at a resort and let me just say I'd love to have him work as a part of my Team). So 5 stars for the staff for sure.

Let me tell you all about their rooms. I checked in with pretty high expectations given the recent renovations and I was blown away, Yes it is an older hotel but you would never tell with the rooms. OH! and that bed?! I think they are the Beauty rest beds (I had to look) this is the best nights rest I've ever had, I want to go back just to lounge in bed all day. Fantastic! 5 Stars!

The purpose of my trip was to go to Disneyland and this hotel worked perfect for me, It was literally a 10-15 minute walk which was totally painless and the hotel has FREE PARKING for the guest. FREE! After the park fun we went back to the hotel and there was a 24 hour subway pretty much 2 minutes walk around the corner. 5 star on location and parking

My one and only complaint on the room is the water pressure in the shower stinks, I know it's due to the higher floor (317) and older location but it still gets the job done.

Great soaps too!

Thanks again for a memorable experience that I wasn't expecting to have Hotel Indigo!

-Chris Platt

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo Anaheim? Share your experiences!