“4th of July stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Anaheim

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Anaheim to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   435 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
San Francisco, California
“4th of July stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Needed to be in town for an AAU basketball tournament. Hotel filled with our team and others. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the first floor but the window looking at a wall. We had arrived late and only a few rooms left. We asked the front desk to work with us as my husband is quite claustrophobic and were staying four days. I wish I could remember the clerk's name but he worked with us and within 10 minutes we were in a room that my husband could stay in. From this point on, our stay was great. The desk always willing and able to answer questions with a smile, the pool, though small, worked well with the kids. The location is walkable to many things which was great. Internet free! Don't find that very often... We would recommend this property and will probably stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Saint Peters, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Looked at staying on Disney property but came across the Indigo and was very impressed. Staff was amazing and very friendly. Had one family room with two queens and a pull out couch, and a regular two queen room. Keurig machines in both room with several choices for a morning brew. Two block walk to the parks which would have been just as far at the on site Disney hotels. Much less crowded walk from Indigo. Nice outdoor pool and spa. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for 6 nights last week. The front desk staff was wonderful to work with and the rooms are so nice! The beds were so comfortable - like sleeping on a cloud!

After reading the reviews with concerns about noise from above, I requested a top floor room. Emily could not accommodate me but mentioned that had I called ahead, it would have most likely not been a problem. She seemed to know right away why I was asking and told me to let them know if we had any issue with noise. She mentioned that they had ear plugs available. At this point, I was very concerned and was expecting the noise to be horrendous! We really had no issues. We did hear some noise from above on a few occasions but nothing to really bother us. I can imagine though that if there were little kids above running back and forth, it might be a different story, but then again, if there were little kids they would probably be sound asleep when we wanted to go to sleep.

The walk to DL took us about 13 minutes. This was really nice for us to not have to deal with parking. However, the kids did complain at the end of the night when they were tired and didn't want to walk back. I know the ART shuttle is available but at $20 a trip (for the four of us), this didn't appeal to me. Also, lots of great restaurants close by!

Only downside I would say is the wi-fi. It kept going in and out and sometime took a long time to connect.

Should we come back to Anaheim, I would definitely stay here again!

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After an exhaustive search, I finally chose Hotel Indigo for our recent Disneyland visit. This is a charming boutique hotel, within a 15 minute walk of the Disneyland parks.

I'm a Disney fan, who lives five hours from Disneyland. Needless to say I've been going there all my life. But I'm also a Walt Disney World vet, who as taken the cross-country trip to Orlando many times. While I always stay at Disney-owned resorts in Florida, I refuse to pay the outrageous rates that Disney charges for their three Anaheim hotels. The experience is just not the same.

Back to Hotel Indigo. What's not to like? The hotel has been nicely remodeled (at a cost of $5M), and rebranded. The rooms are quite nice, with dark hard-wood floors, flat screen TV's, iPod docking stations, a comfortable desk, mini refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious, with plenty of towels, and good bath products. Each room also includes a closet with a safe.

Other amenities include FREE PARKING in a small outdoor lot, AND in their own underground garage. The swimming pool and spa are very nice, and feature comfortable (cushioned) lounge chairs. Like many hotels/motels along Harbor and Katella Blvds, the swimming pool is located in the driveway area. BUT UNLIKE other lodging locations, this area has a wall that separates it from the driveway, creating a quieter, more private experience. A covered cabana and a separate sitting are located on either side of the swimming pool, and are nicely furnished. Both are available to all guests at no extra charge.

This hotel also features a restaurant and bar, and offers room service as well. Service from the staff was good. I did not get the exact type of room I requested. But considering it was summer season, I understood. The only issue with my room was poor water pressure in the shower, which I got used to. Other reviews mentioned noise from upper floors caused by the wood flooring. This was not an issue for me, and I was on the 2nd floor, with two floors above me.

We've stayed at another IHG property (Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort on Walnut Ave), and enjoyed it as well. The main difference is that Hotel Indigo does not charge for parking, or a resort fee. The walk from this hotel to the parks is less than 15 minutes. Simply follow Katella to Harbor. Cross the street and go right for two blocks and you're there. The walk is safe, with plenty of other Disney guests following the same route.

This hotel is also very close to Anaheim Garden Walk, with several nice restaurants to choose from. With Disneyland's 60th anniversary coming up next year, I expect probably two more trips to the area. I will absolutely return to Hotel Indigo each time I return.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

great hotel. grea t accommodation great rooms great staff friendly people gooooooood house keeping job and helpful for anything great service clean rooms . close to everything restaurants shops also free parking space. this hotel is amazing and professional people and respectfull. good ac system laundry perfect. I will stay in indigo hotel next time I go to Anaheim. is amazing. you have to stay and try this hotel I recommended . very clean. my respect for the housekeeping job.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a good service, clean rooms, friendly people good housekeeping job try this h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed with Hotel Indigo Anaheim on July 24th, 2014. I say with because the staff was incredibly friendly and you feel right at home with their hospitality. I had the pleasure of checking in with Victor who had been the nicest front desk agent I've EVER worked with checking in. (I myself work front office at a resort and let me just say I'd love to have him work as a part of my Team). So 5 stars for the staff for sure.

Let me tell you all about their rooms. I checked in with pretty high expectations given the recent renovations and I was blown away, Yes it is an older hotel but you would never tell with the rooms. OH! and that bed?! I think they are the Beauty rest beds (I had to look) this is the best nights rest I've ever had, I want to go back just to lounge in bed all day. Fantastic! 5 Stars!

The purpose of my trip was to go to Disneyland and this hotel worked perfect for me, It was literally a 10-15 minute walk which was totally painless and the hotel has FREE PARKING for the guest. FREE! After the park fun we went back to the hotel and there was a 24 hour subway pretty much 2 minutes walk around the corner. 5 star on location and parking

My one and only complaint on the room is the water pressure in the shower stinks, I know it's due to the higher floor (317) and older location but it still gets the job done.

Great soaps too!

Thanks again for a memorable experience that I wasn't expecting to have Hotel Indigo!

-Chris Platt

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We arrived to the Hotel Indigo and was greeted by Arthur who helped us with our luggage and immediately checked us in. Arthur was very helpful and gave us the best advice on anything we asked him, be it for tickets to the theme parks, renting cars and going to baseball game.
We were upgraded to the top floor street view which was recommended by Arthur. The room was fantastic, very quiet and had view of the street fountain which had a water show every night. The room was very comfortable which my husband and I loved. The room was well decorated and kept very clean. Bathroom was large and very modern.
The Hotel Indigo is about 10 minute walk to the two theme parks, and is surrounded by great restaurants.
We stayed here for 3 nights and returned after 4 night stay in Las Vegas as hotel was great with super friendly staff with free parking and not to distant to downtown LA.
We will definitely be back and recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to stay in Anaheim.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo Anaheim? Share your experiences!