We stayed at this hotel while visiting Disneyland. We were in a family suite, with two queen beds and a sofa bed. The room was very spacious, with plenty of sleeping space for the four of us. My daughters said the sofa bed was very comfortable, more so than the usual hotel sofa bed. We are IHC Gold Members and got upgraded to a corner room on the 4th floor, from which we were able to view the Disneyland fireworks. We arrived late in the evening, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. One night we had issues with noisy neighbors, and the manager took care of it immediately. We didn't hear them playing their music loudly again for the rest of our stay. We liked the wood floors it the room because it meant we weren't walking all over old, dirty carpet during our stay. The rest of the decor was very contemporary, and the room was very clean. I liked that we could open the windows and get fresh air at night; the hotel is far enough from Harbor Blvd. that there was no street noise to keep us awake. The location of this hotel is a little farther away from the parks than the Good Neighbor hotels, but not much. It took us 15-20 minutes to walk from their to the main Disneyland entrance. That's about how long it takes us to walk from the exit of any Disney World park to our car in the parking lot in Florida. And there are many restaurants within walking distance as well. The fountain show in the front of the hotel was a fun addition to the outside decor.
The bathroom was huge, as well as the shower in it. There was no tub. If that's true of all rooms you should not stay here if you have small children who take need baths. I will echo what other posters said about the lack of hooks in the bathroom. It absolutely needs more towel hooks and/or towel bars. It needs more than the two small hooks there now. Adding a shelf by the vanity would also be helpful. Wall is plentiful in that large room! The shower also needs another shelf or two for toiletries. The sink sits on top of the counter so that cuts down the available space for toiletries, but there is some additional storage under the vanity (although not a lot because our clean towels had to be stored there). The shower took a little time to get to work right, but once we determined where to set it to get the correct temperature it was great. I was also surprised there were no table and chairs, as the room was large enough for it. It did have a desk with a chair and sofa with coffee table. But we would have liked a separate table and chairs. We also appreciated the microwave and in-room safe. The closet was small but workable. The beds were comfy and the pillows were very nice as well. Over-all, the issues with the bathroom were minor and we enjoyed this hotel. I would recommend it to friends and readers of this site.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Express Anaheim Maingate Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anaheim’s first upscale boutique hotel....the new Hotel Indigo Anaheim delivers a vibrant and refreshing guest experience. You are welcomed by agricultural murals and a stunning California themed garden enhanced in the evening by electrifying dancing waters. Enter the hotel and feel a contemporary neighborhood story of years past when Anaheim was a flourishing farming community.Hotel Indigo offers each guest a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in traditional hotel hospitality. Feel the warmth of hardwood floors to a plush over-sized duvet and pillows with spa-inspired showers...you'll feel right at home. Complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel is at your fingertips or use our business center if you prefer.Whether your visiting the major attractions or looking for that hidden gastronomical gem Hotel Indigo Anaheim is your ideal choice. Families can be steps away from the maingate of the Disneyland Resort or if your visit brings you to Anaheim for a convention the Hotel Indigo Anaheim provides convenient walking access to the Anaheim Convention Center.Relax and enjoy a bite in our Chambers Bar & Bistro where you can savor locally inspired recipes and sip on specialty cocktails created by our mixologist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Indigo Anaheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.