“awesome in anaheim” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“awesome in anaheim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I picked this hotel with a package from expedia. The room was EXTREMELY inexpensive. I did much research about hotels near Disney. As a budget minded traveler with young kids, hotels within walking distance that I could afford, seemed a bit seedy. So a few miles away (only about 15 minutes by car), Fairfield inn seemed a good choice. It was in a nice neighborhood with a Mercedes dealer right next door. Because previous reviewers complained of noise because of the nearby highway, I requested a pool view room which was kindly given to us. Check-in was easy.

Honestly, our family only used this room to sleep in. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was quite nice sized. Either we got really lucky with good neighbors or the room was VERY quiet at night.

We did A LOT of sightseeing all over southern California, not just Anaheim. Traffic at times was horrible, so if you are traveling to LA, you might want to stay a bit closer. However, this hotel was close to many restaurants and stores, which was convenient for frequent stops to Walmart.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Anaheim area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
SoCal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

and you can stay at a nicer place with better service and a real breakfast.

I booked this for the weekend for a family event. I specifically asked for two beds or a bed and a sofa sleeper since we were traveling with two kids. I arrived 30 minutes after check in and was informed only one room was available. I hauled the bags to the room to find it only had one bed. The desk clerk said it was my fault as I must have asked for only one bed. I checked out and drove one exit east and stayed in a studio suite with a wonderful king bed and nice sofa sleeper at the Ayers suites for $109. Free wifi, a real breakfast, and real customer service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

I booked my room through Priceline for extended family that were visiting for the week.
Got a very good deal at a little under $40 per night for 5 nights.

I requested two beds, but the room was quite small with little room to walk around. Although there was a mini-fridge, microwave, desk, and lounge chair, it was all crammed into the room.

While there was free continental breakfast each morning, free parking, and was relatively clean, it was way too close to the 91 freeway. If you can, request a room not facing the highway (rather facing the pool), you won't have to listen to the sound of cars when you are in your room.

So, if you're looking for a cheap hotel stay for a few nights in the Anaheim Hills / Yorba Linda area, this is a decent place. I recommend using Priceline for the best rates.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Marlton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I can't say one bad thing about this hotel. We were on our first trip to Disneyland and this hotel was just what we needed. The staff kept our room impeccably clean for the 11 nights we spent there. The staff was courteous and friendly. The free breakfast was nothing special but certainly met our needs. If you're planning on a vacation in the area I highly recommend the Fairfield Inn of Anaheim Hills. You're not right next door to Disney but there is no daily parking fee that the closer hotels have and it's only a 15 minute drive. If you can, try to request a room overlooking the pool.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Very professional staff, very clean considering it is a 2-start hotel. We enjoyed the free breakfast and it exceeded our expectations and there was a waitress looking after the guests and hot food was promptly brought in.
It has a nice pool which we didn't use. The area is very quiet and close to a plaza with different restaurants.
I will stay there again.

Cons: The bathroom looked outdated and I didn't like the slide door but we only used it for minutes every day. Towels weren't fluffy but that's a 2-star quality.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

We were visiting Disneyland and bunch of theme parks (Knotts, Six Flags Magic Mountain) and booked this through a great deal on bookit.com. The staff at check-in were very courteous. I called them prior to checkin during day and requested two queen beds even though it was not part of my agreement, the nice lady at check in said she will see if she can accommodate. When we checked in very late around mid-night, she found a way to accommodate into two queen beds.

Hotel location is right off 91 highway, and ofcourse is noisy like other reviewers mentioned- but didn't notice that much once we were inside room with A/c on. The hotel was clean, they did a great job cleaning up the mess my kids did daily, and when asked for extra linen - they promptly brought us some. Rooms are small, but are typical Fairfield Inn size - but great plus is Microwave, and Refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast was quite useful - and was favorite with my kids ! .

All in all it's a nice value for money and functional - worked perfect for our visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

We went to Anaheim just to visit Disneyland. Fairfield Inn is advertised as 3 stars and we thought it might be more quiet or a little bit nicer than the Motel6. I would not stay there again. It is just next to the freeway and the rooms are not soundproof at all, I heard the traffic all night as well as any noise from the neighbors room. Forget about the breakfast, The only thing that made up our stay was an excellent indian restaurant in walking distance. The rooms are rather small and we had to sleep in a QS as there were no more KS available as we were told. The staff was not very friendly or attentive, though the check in and check out was easy and fast.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills? Share your experiences!