“HUGE Mistake-don't stay here, there are PLENTY of other options that are probably better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort

You added The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort to your Saves list
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Long Island New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel is in a great location near Disneyland, but that's its ONLY redeeming quality.
The staff is RUDE and not helpful at all-the breakfast attendant gave attitude if she was asked to do something crazy like to please refill the coffeepot which was empty, and the front desk staff wasn't much better. They too had attitude, and weren't even helpful in pointing out the location for the ART shuttle stop, just pointing to the right and saying it was "over there." Thank you that's very helpful, because "over there" couldn't be anywhere to the right of the hotel or anything like that.
We returned early from the parks the second day around 4:00 to find our room still had not been cleaned, even though the maid had been directly next door when we left around 10:00 that morning. We were disgusted that our room still had not been touched.
The breakfast is disgusting-the cereal is stale, the milk is warm, and there isn't much selection in food. The breakfast area is also very small, with only about 8 tiny tables, which isn't convenient in a completely packed hotel (that has far more than 8 rooms). And to add to how delicious breakfast was, our last morning there, some bugs began crawling on ourr table. Yummy...just what we wanted with our breakfast.
Overall, not a pleasant stay, in hindsight, if we hadn't booked advanced purchase we would have just taken our money and gone to one of the other 100 hotels in the immediate area. This was not worth the stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GMAnaheim, General Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
I understand your issue, however we do our best to serve each and every guest in timely manner. We also do our best to explain to guest exaclty where the shuttle is to pick them up. It may be a bit confusing but we do our best to explain. I am sorry that your room wasn't clean maybe you had a don't disturb sign up at the time the house keeper was there but you are more then welcome to call us an let us know you need house keeping and we will take care of it right away. Once again I am sorry for the breakfast, however we offer hot eggs, sauages, waffles, 3 kinds of cereal, toast, muffins, donuts, yugart, hot coffee and tea and we make sure the milk is cold by keeping it in containers that keep it that way. We also ways keep this hotel as clean as possible. if there is any issues our staff takes care of it right away.

Hopefully your stay with us in the further will be a pleasant one and I hope we get a chance to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

this is a good hotel with very comfortable beds and clean rooms, the pool was clear and warm, a good options when you visit disneyland with the family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your response and we truely appreiate you taking the time out and commenting on us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My family and I visited Disney and then headed back to the hotel. The sheets were stained and there were a couple of towels with faded brown stains on them. We needed clean sheets and bath towels so I called the front desk. The attendant was very nice but she was the only one there. I had to go down stairs for the items. It seemed that the whole second floor was not air-conditioned just the lobby. The next morning we got up for breakfast. The only good thing was the waffles. The sausages were swimming in a pool of grease and the eggs were rubbery.
The hotel sits right off a freeway off ramp. Any rooms facing the freeway are very noisy we asked to have a room on the opposite side of the hotel and they charged us an extra $10.00 because the quiet side of the hotel was not part of the special they had online.

• Stayed July 2011
GMAnaheim, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for bringing this to our attention we always do our best to make sure each and every guest is happy. I appreiate that you came and got the sheets and that the front desk was helpful. Each room has it's own a/c, I hope that you found it working fine.
The breakfast has a variety of things to choose from like toast, english muffins, chocolate chip muffins, cereals, donuts, and I am so glad you liked the waffles.
Our windows are double pained to keep out as much noise as possible and the reason that the other side is more is not because it is quietier but because you can see the fire works from Disneyland on that side.

thank you for your stay and we hope to serve you in the future.
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We have stayed at a number of hotels around Disneyland - this is one of the nicest for the price. Very convenient to get to Disneyland and dining. The pool and spa were nice for the afternoon. Make sure you ask for a room away from the freeway - it is noisy. They charged $10 extra for changing but it was much quieter. The room was nicely decorated. A few minor issues - The sinks were a bit tall for my kids to reach. The air conditioner sounded like a jet taking off as it turned on during the night.
Breakfast was nice and staff was courteous. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feed back but I would like to mention that the only reason we charge more for the other side is because you are able to see the Disneyland fireworks from that side.
I hope that the front desk was able to help you with the a/c they are there to assit in any way that they can.
So glad to here that you liked the breakfast we just added the hot eggs and sauage as well as yogart.
Our staff thanks you for noticing how courteous they are they do their best.

thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I placed a reservation for this hotel back in April. We were unable to stay there, so I called and canceled. I was not aware that I would be charged anyways for one night stay. It was very unfortunate that I was charged over 100 dollars for a room that was worth about 50 dollars. I called three times to speak to the general manager about my concerns, and no one returned my phone calls.
I understand that it was my responsibility for canceling, but a family member got sick the night before we were supposed to leave. I will never stay with Comfort Inn again, due to the fact I was not treated with respect. They got there money and now I do not even matter. My recommendation is to stay with the Red Lion Inn on Harbor Blvd. Amazing customer service, they even upgraded our room for free!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
We have a 24 hour cancellation policy that we let each and every guest know about when they make a reservation. I understand that you were unable to show up but however we were unaware of that.
I understand you may be upset but we do our best to treat each and every guest with care and respect.
Hopefully in the future we can show you that
thank you and hope serve you in the furture
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

CHECKIN – by a young lady who was being trained & was supported by a manager. Great service & recommendations.
ROOMS – one of the newest & nicest Comfort Inns we have stayed in on this trip. Rooms are spacious and the furnishings & bed are lovely. Huge spa.
EXTRAS - breakfast was nice, wifi connection good, able to print out travel details in business centre.
SHUTTLE - $4 all day shuttle to Disneyland runs every 20mins.
FOOD – 5min walk to "Garden" shopping centre - excellent selection of restaurants to suit all budgets.
LOCATION - handy to bus route that connects with Amtrak.

Room Tip: Request quieter carpark side
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and used the services that we provide.
Yes many people find our location very convient for them , the fact that we are so close to Disneyland, and the convention center and even the Angel stadium.
as well as shopping and the freeway is very accessible.

thank you so much for you comments and time to write them and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights on the first leg of our 2 weeks in USA. Great base for visiting Disney and Anaheim. 15 minute walk to the Disney gates or catch the shuttle to and back for $4 per day each. (just remember the buy the ticket before you get on!).
Loved the complimentary breakfast every morning. Tea, coffee, toast, boiled eggs, cereal, danishes, fresh juice or make your own waffles!. Save you bucket loads if you brought the kids. Ours were at home in Melbourne :o.
Simple, clean and comfortable. Great value if your travelling - especially since you hardly spend any time in the room anyway.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
thank you so much for taking time out to let our future guests know about our hotel. we appreiate you taking time out to write this and I am so glad to here that you enjoyed it and I can't wait to meet you again.
We have recently redone our hotel and I am glad you liked it.
Yes the shuttle is a convience for anyone. it's reliable and offered at a great price.

thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon