“Perfect for my family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Stayton
“Perfect for my family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I'm a single mom who's 4 year old wanted to go to Disneyland really bad. Being single I don't have a lot of extra money to spend, so this hotel was perfect for my budget. The rooms were great and the location was perfect. Took us about 10-15 min to walk to the front gates of Disneyland/California Adventure. The staff was very helpful and friendly to us all. I look forward to our next trip and will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
EdenRocAnaheim, owner at Eden Roc Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2009
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on our hotel and for giving us such an outstanding review! We hope you come back and see all the great changes we are working on in 2009!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Jose, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

It seems clear that the owners don't really care about this place and the operations people are asleep at the wheel. It seems it was converted from low-rent apartments of late 1950's vintage and the desk staff is an assortment of people who range from surprisingly professional to woefully unprofessional.

I confirmed a late check-in the day before, but when I arrived at 11:15 PM on Jan 16, the room (111) hadn't yet been cleaned - beds were obviously not changed, bathroom had towels on the floor, trash in the basket, etc. The kitchenette did not deliver on the website's promise of in-room coffee, there was no iron or ironing board, and the closet had no hangers of any kind in it. The walls were covered with spackle repairs, but not painted anytime recently. The enamel in the tub/shower had flaked off to the point that bare iron was exposed, and black mildew was everywhere. The condition of this room gave me the impression of a very rundown establishment. I hope I just got the worst room in the place, but I doubt it.

"Free Breakfast" consisted of coffee and pre-wrapped pastries of the convenience-store variety, served grab-and-go in the lobby. If you do stay here, you'll do far better at the homey Tiffy's Family Restaurant next door, though the Denny's on Harbor is probably better still.

Note that the management collects a $75 "smoking deposit" upon check-in and promises only to issue a credit within a couple of days of checkout. I'm unaware of another Anaheim hotel that does this - it's suspect. Watch your credit card statement carefully.

About the best that can be said for it is that it isn't filthy, just badly rundown. All I needed was a place to sleep for one night, and for that it was disappointing but adequate. Don't ruin a Disneyland vacation by staying there. If you have to attend a convention at the last minute, as I did, The Eden Roc is tempting because it's so close to the convention center and inexpensive. I regret that I didn't book accommodations less convenient to the convention center and drive over.

• Liked — Proximity to convention center
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Guam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

Coming from Guam where hospitality is common I was pleased with the service Eden Roc provided me and my family. It was also nice to know that one of their employees, Mike, is also from Guam. The staff really helped us out. I mentioned that the AC/Heater was not producing heat. When I got back later that night it was fixed... Good job. I will go there again should we plan another Disneyland vacation.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Disliked — motel interior
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
EdenRocAnaheim, Owner at Eden Roc Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2009
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on our hotel and for giving us such an outstanding review! We hope you come back and to see us again as we continue to make additional changes to improve our guest experience and property in 2009!