“Walking distance to Disneyland and the sheets were clean” 3 of 5 stars

Eden Roc Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1830 S West St, Anaheim, CA 90404   |
Ranked #71 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
calgary
“Walking distance to Disneyland and the sheets were clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed here this past week from March 28 through April 1, 2012. I was a little worried because I read all the reviews before going and the reality is, it was not that bad. The sheets were clean, the towels were clean (yes thin and a little worn), there was only a shower and no bath but really who cares. I never tried the pool as we were there to visit Disneyland and not to go swimming in a small pool facing a street. The cleaning staff dumped our garbage daily and made the beds etc. The big bonus was there was a small fridge that kept things cold and a microwave. Realistically we slept just fine and spent four solid days on the grounds. The money we saved went to food and Mickey Mouse Ears! Really no worse than some motels i have stayed in while visiting small towns.You will be fine save some money and spend it on something fun to do with your family. We did!!

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floors on the North side. We could watch the evening fireworks from the front door...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tulare, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have stayed here on several occasions over the years. The rooms use to have a full kitchen, then they (renovated) removed the stoves lol. Normally we stay in the 2 bedroom rooms and the last time we stayed in one we vowed we would not stay here again. December 2011 just 2 of us went and we stayed here to save money. I came prepared with bleach, Lysol, sheets, blankets and towels. We were given a one bedroom room on the side closest to Tiffy's Restaurant and to my surprise it was clean and mold free. For the price you really can't complain and the location is good. Remember 1000s of people come through these hotels weekly and all of them are pretty worn if they are cheap, so choose wisely. I come to Disneyland 5 plus times a year and depending on the time of year I would stay here again if we can get one of the smaller rooms that have actually been renovated.

True Disney Fan

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of Tiffy's Restaurant have truly been renovated.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Encinitas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We reserved 4 rooms for business as it was close to the convention center. We went to check in and they said the rooms weren't ready and there was no room to show us so we could see what type of rooms and the condition they were in. I was not there when several staff went to check in and the manager was very rude to my staff. After the expo was over for the day, we went to the rooms. I am an optimist and tend to see the best in everything. This place was a disaster. Filthy doors, the kitchen table had cuts all on the top, the bedding was old. The place looked like you would imagine a ghetto apartment would look like. We asked the night clerk if they were full and because they are near Disneyland - they were. We told him we could not stay in a place like this and if someone wanted to rent a room he could rent ours out. He said that once someone had signed the form they would not rent out the room, even if they received inquiries.
We put all the keys on his desk and went and stayed at the Best Western down the street and took the loss on the rooms. the Best Western was clean and tidy.

Room Tip: If they won't let you look in the room before checking in, there's a reason!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Saint George, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed in the 3 bedroom suite and it was NOTHING like the pictures on their website. The only good thing was the price...cheap but you get what you pay for. The bed covers were disgusting, the carpets were worn and oily and dingy. The bathrooms were beyond belief, seriously there was black grime in between almost every tile. The bathtub had a buildup of black and blue staining from what I can only imagine was mold. I didn't dare to actually bathe there. We stayed and recommended this motel to friends who were traveling with us and were horrified after a long hot day at disneyland to walk into this kind of establishment. DON'T BELIEVE THE PICTURES!!!! THEY PROBABLY REMODELED ONE ROOM TO TAKE THE PICTURES AND THE OTHERS ARE UNCLEAN, UNMAINTAINED AND UNLIVABLE!! We had our 3 year old daughter who was stuck on the sheets on the bed and couldn't move around because we were terrified she would catch something from the room. If you have kids, or are free of fungal infections, don't stay here. Its worth the drive to stay 30 minutes away and travel into disneyland.

Apple Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Ths place is horrible. I was very hesitant to go here after the reviews, but then there were some really good ones too. I called before I booked and spoke with Oscar and Jason (the manager). I was assured the place had been reburbished, only the carpets needed to be done. This is a lie. The glaze of the bath tub was gone, mold in the bathroom, but I do need to say they did put sticky tiles and paint a while back to hide the old. I asked several times about mold because it was one of the issues I had read about, I was again assured it was free of mold. I let them know ahead of time my husband has cancer and my mom has breathing problems, again the stated nothing of the sort could be found. I felt good about the reservation and booked it. I made a terrible mistake. We got to the hotel, and got to the room, which they said was the cleanest... Thefirst thing I noticed was the smell, checked the bathroom and of course there was mold. The lights were not bright, probably to keep people from seeing all the nastiness. Went to the night guy, who was very nice, let me check a few more rooms, all were very gross, one had big boogers wiped on the wall, I almot gagged. But all had black fuzzy mold in the window seals, and in the grout. They would not return my money even though they said it was free of mold. They seemed very nice at first, but dont let it fool you. I had to go to another hotel. I called and spoke with Jason the next day and he refused to authorize my money back, even though I was never there. He said there was no mold, which there was, and then he hung up on me. Don't go to this hotel. Don't make the same mistake as me. The people writing 5's are probably the hotel trying to boost their rating. If I could give a minus I would.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
alameda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

pros: Close to Disney, cheap, free parking, mostly clean, with microwave and fridge. Staff accomodated us with extra soap and towels for the pool. No bugs.

cons: everything was worn: towels, sheets, pillows, furniture, carpet, ... etc. Deadbolt did not work. Front window only had a finger-twist lock, which was inadequate. Only breakfast food was those plastic wrapped last forever danishes and muffins. Pool was cold.

overall, not a bad place if its all that you could afford. With the money we saved, we bought extra items in the park: Carmel corn, ice cream, wine, stuff animals, key chains, jelly beans, tubes of sugar, ... However, we were happier at other motels in better condition eventhough they cost us an additional $20 to $40 more a night.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at Eden Roc March 3-8 and the location is great as it is within walking distance to Disneyland and the best deal for food in O.C. "Al's Big Burger Diner" however I will NEVER stay at this hotel again as the customer service was absolutely terrible! They had a guy working the front desk named "Juan" and he has 0 people skills he was very rude, and monosyllabic. He did nothing to make any of the guests feel welcomed and the whole time while he is treating these guests like crap his manager is standing right there and was turning a blind eye to all of this. I or my family will never stay at a place where this kind of non-professionalism is tolerated. I stay here a grand total of 5 days and this "Juan" guy was there every single day with that same crap attitude. So Long Eden Roc I hope others will look into this and understand that just because we can't afford or decide not to stay on the Disney property does not mean that we don't deserve the respect that everyone on the Disney property gets.

Disappointed

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Eden Roc Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!