“No price is worth bed bugs” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Anaheim Express Inn

You added Anaheim Express Inn to your Saves list
Anaheim Express Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   620 W Orangewood Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anaheim Luxury Suites)   |
Ranked #67 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Roanoke, Virginia
“No price is worth bed bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We tried to stay here for a night on a reunion trip. Price and location are nice especially for Disneyland

BUT

They have a massive bed bug problem. As we entered we found the room to be extremely hot and I noticed a small Brown bug on the mattress. It turned out to be a bed bug. We also noticed 11 other mattresses in the parking lot on our way to get a refund and move elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
TammyN351, Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We were quite surprised and concerned with your assertion. We did examine your room thoroughly and could find no evidence of any insects, beds were nicely made, with all white soft linen, including white duvet. We are renovating with new mattresses for the guest rooms and that is why you observed the mattresses next to the dumpster. We appreciate your comment regarding the attractive price and convenient location of the Hotel. Please call the General Manager so we may discuss.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I thought that for how much we were paying, esp. so close to Disneyland, that our hotel would be pretty cheap but when we drove up I was immediately impressed with how it looked. Our bed was comfortable, there was a fridge and microwave in the room, and everything was clean. The internet was a bit unreliable but not a huge deal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Campinas, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I really recommend this hotel, its cheap and very good. Great bed, shower, very clean rooms. They offer you a small breakfast but its alright, better than if they didnt have. The people on the front desk were just wonderful to me, I have sent some mail to myself before I got in and they just kept it safe to me.!! I really look forward to go back there. They also have a nice clean pool and a delicius hot tub that you can enjoy it on the end of the day.

I really recoommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a nice place and pay a reasonable price! I send best regards to Tammy that welcomed me.

Thanks for a nice stay.

Thomas (from Brasil)

Room Tip: You dont need more than what they offer.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TammyN351, Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello Thomas, thank you so much for your great review! We glad to hear that the hotel and the service had met or exceeded your expectation. We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us. We hope to see you soon, hope everything is going well in Brazil!
Wood River, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

So, I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels...but we decided that we would rather spend money on doing things while on vacation, rather than on an expensive hotel, since we wouldn't be spending much time hanging out in the room. My husband talked me into booking with Anaheim Express Inn because of the price he found online, and when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. We are a family of 4 (teenager and a 10 year old) and this room is a great size! There is plenty of room for everyone's stuff and to get ready in the morning. The rest of the family went to breakfast this morning and said there wasn't a whole lot of selection, but seriously, it is not like I am making them a hot breakfast at home every morning...so pretty sure they will get over it. If you are looking for a great deal near Disneyland I would recommend this hotel. By the way, the walk isn't too bad to Disneyland, takes us about 20 minutes with stopping for traffic lights, which is nice if you don't want to spend the money on parking. Lots of places close to eat as well. The staff at the front is also very friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TammyN351, Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Kathy,
Thank you so much for your stay and your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you and your family had a good time here in Anaheim and enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
cupertino
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The room sizes was good. However, the rooms look old and would need an upgrade. The A/C was quite noisy that we could not get a good sleep at times. We also heard some chirping noises as though from a cricket! The continental breakfast was OK. Anyway, if you are on a budget and want to stay close to Disneyland, this is not bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TammyN351, Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Kumaran

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in Anaheim. We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed the room size, free continental breakfast, and feel the Hotel offers a great price/value relationship. We are continually renovating guest rooms and appreciate your comments.

We hope you will consider us when choosing your accommodations in Anaheim in the future. Please contact me directly in the future so I may personally make your reservation.
Edmonton Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This motel has everything you need. We had a room 2 beds, spacious, nice big deep bathtub. Coffee machine in room, also has hair dryer, iron and ironing board for those who would actually use those on vacation. Not me not on vacation.. Great location walking distance to Disneyland and surrounded by plenty places to eat, drink and have a good time. The motel also has a small pool and hot tub however for us we did not have time to use we were too busy seeing as much of California as possible. If you want 5 Star services then stay at the more expensive larger chain hotels if that is what you prefer. I don't go on vacation to check out hotels i go to enjoy and take in as much as possible by sight seeing, enjoying Disneyland, eating out etc..... Too busy to be nit picking every ridiculous thing that i have read on previous reviews. I chose this place for 2 reason, location and price. The rooms are very clean and are cleaned daily. Towels are replaced quickly. Nice deep bath tub. Sinks are outside of the bathroom which is convenient. Has a TV with cable. They have WI-fi which is included. It does cut in and out quite a bit but then again when your on vacation who really cares. We used the internet a few times and we were happy with the services we got. I think some previous negative reviews are from extremely picky people that should did deeper in there pockets and go stay at a 5 star hotel with the 5 star pricing then you would find nothing to complain about. I would stay here again without hesitation. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Whenever we needed anything such as more towels, coffee, sugar whatever we needed was provided immediately so i really don't understand some of the negative reviews. We booked 7 days to stay here and if it was not good we would have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TammyN351, Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Gabriel449
Thank you so much for your kind and complimentary review on our facilities and services. We appreciate your comments and I have shared your review with our staff members. It brought quite a smile to each and every one.
We look forward to your next trip to the Anaheim area.
Laguna Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Cheapest hotel around. I've stayed here several times in the past when the building was still orange colored and managed by nice asian people. But now they have grumpy people. They charge $10 parking for second car per night. This time I got a King room and the restroom was a lot bigger and nicer compared to the other rooms I've been in here. Maybe it was a remodeled room? Room was comfy and heater worked. Water was hot and lasted in the morning. Our room was on bottom floor 2nd one away from pool.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the stairs. People will wake you up while they leave early in the mornings.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TallThai
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us. We were disappointed to read your review, expressing displeasure with our staff in general, as well as a $10 charge for an extra auto parking. We pride ourselves in having a very friendly and accommodating staff and would like to hear more regarding the specifics of your disappointment in this area,
As you can imagine, being so close to Disneyland places parking spaces at a premium. The first guest car is free and, for the second car, we charge less than half of what other hotels charge for parking.
I certainly would appreciate a call to learn the circumstances surrounding your staff interaction, as we are always striving to provide the best in guest service.

Been to Anaheim Express Inn? Share your experiences!