“Older hotel, great location, very clean, very nice staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #30 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
phoenix
“Older hotel, great location, very clean, very nice staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I was skeptical about booking thus hotel after reading mixed reviews. We have visited Disneyland 1-2 times a year for the last several years, and have experienced many different quality levels.

We arrived at the hotel around check in time, 4:00 PM. The desk manager was very friendly, the check in and car registration was quick. The chocolate chip cookies we received were a nice surprise.
The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The light between the beds didn't work and it was easier to hear children running down the hallways, than other hotels we've stayed in. However, we always hear children running outside our doors when we stay in Anaheim.
The only real turn off was the very small breakfast room. I appealing and not very well stocked. We aren't big breakfast eaters, so it didn't matter to us much, but would probably bug a family looking to stock up in the morning.

Given the cost and cleanliness, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The location of this motel is great it is directly across the street from the happiest place on earth. The rooms were good. We had the bunk bed room and my daughter in law had to sleep on an air mattress because the bunk beds were hard. Parking was bad but if you couldn't find a space they will valet it for you. Another big plus is that they sell disneyland tickets in the lobby so you don't have to buy them at the park. Overall good stay we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Location:
As mentioned by previous posters, location was great. If you've never been to Disneyland before, a hotel close to the maingate is a relief after an entire day of walking around. It's not on the main road so if you're staying at the back of the hotel then it's a bit of a walk but it sure beats a lot of other hotels that claim they are within walking distance. It's nice not to have to wait and board busses to get back to our room.

It was close to many restaurant options too.

Rooms:
You can hear EVERYTHING through the walls!!! I've stayed in many hotels and this was by far the worst for noise through walls. Also, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, get a room near the pool! The pool is open until 10pm and that means screaming and yelling right outside your door and there isn't a single thing you can do about it. I asked the front desk staff and all they said was "the pool closes at 10", the noise was extremely unreasonable, you could hear it from the Dennys parking lot. For noise at night we turned the fan or a/c unit on and it drowned out a lot of noise.

We stayed in the double queen with bunks and it was a good enough size for 2 adults and 2 kids under 12. The bunk bed was sturdy and it had steps rather than a ladder for top bunk access.

Wifi was spotty at best. I heard from another person staying there that the wifi is much better if you stay close to the front office - she had no problem with her wifi while us at the back could rarely access it.

Cleanliness:
These rooms are clean yet rundown. Paint is peeling, bathroom was stained, carpets were dingy. BUT there were no bugs and I looked everywhere. Also, I did see that other rooms were having their carpets steam cleaned (wish they had done ours before we arrived).

Staff:
All staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was cleaned every single day and towels were always replaced. Nothing went missing.

Parking:
We were there at the beginning of May so parking was ok, we rented a Mustang so space-wise we had no issues, however, if you are driving a large passenger van (as some people were) then it might be tight.

Breakfast:
A very basic continental breakfast which included:
Hard boiled eggs (about 3 dozen); toast; muffins; cereal - corn flakes & cheerios; apples & oranges; donuts; 2 kinds of juice - both gross; white milk; coffee.
The earlier you get there the more to pick from as it did not appear to be restocked. As well, this room closes at 9am. Rather than eating in the breakfast room just bring your stuff back to your own room.

Another option is to go to Denny's right next to this hotel. Denny's has a value menu for $2-5 per meal and some of the meals will include your drink too.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms next to the pool!! Breakfast is very basic so Denny's is an inexpensive...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have been staying at Del Sol Inn for the past 6 years and always greeted by a valet parking attandant. I can't say enough about the friendly and courteous staff that go out of their way to make our stay confortable, especially TJ and Lorreta whom are wonderful and gracious people
that makes us want to come back every year, even when we don't go to Disneyland which is just
across the street.

Room Tip: Make sure if you have a physical disability and can't do stairs. to ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We chose this hotel for the super short walk to Disneyland. Upon check in we were delighted to find out our room was ready hours before regular check in time and that they had given us an upgrade to a family suite. Over all we were very happy with all the staff we encountered and the services they provided. Like other's have mentioned, the breakfast was nothing to get excited about, but complimented nicely with the groceries we had delivered to the hotel from Von's. I decided the rooms are indeed clean, but dated and really need a fresh coat of paint. The walls look quite dirty, but I think that's because the beds are so close to the walls that your backside rubs against them when you walk along side them. The rooms were plenty big and well taken care of, just older. Oh, and yes, extremely noisy!! That only seemed to affect me, the light sleeper. But others are not joking about the sounds of rolling suitcases that are "planes taking off" or hearing the conversations in the room next door. If you are fine with all that, you will be delighted by the money you save and the short walk to Disneyland. Bottom line: Would stay here again, but probably not as first choice. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I stood here 8 days 7 nights. I LOVED the location to the park, walking form hotel to Disneyland main gates in about 5-7minutes. I book this hotel because of the location. The price is just right! I had the room with 2 queens and bunk bed which my kids loved. The room was clean and the house keepers I was very impressed with, they really went the extra mile for you. The refrigerator in the room was a good size, not small like I am used to seeing at other hotels nearby. The pool was clean and the landscaping had a very nice topical feel. I could hear noise from upstairs but I think my kids were louder at times. The only two negatives would be; the beds are not that comfortable and the continental breakfast is very basic. We only ate there once. I would definitely stay here again when we go back in October. Can’t wait.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is great for the money. The staff is very friendly there and helpful. You can't say enough about them but customer service is great.
The rooms are very spacious and linens are clean and changed everyday. The room was vacuumed but not looked to be done quickly like a once over. The shower is clean and not moldy. There is an attendant when you enter to park your car as the lot is small and so are the spaces on the hotel side, there is covered parking stalls that are a little bigger. The pool is average although your not there for the pool it is a nice break from the park when the kids are taking their nap. The laundry room is small for the size of the hotel. Breakfast at the hotel is edible and well its ceral, toast, muffins, and coffee enough to get you started in the morning. There is a micro and fridge in the room and that is good for leftovers and cold drinks. If you are hungry Denny's is just a 2 minute walk away and IHOP is another 3 minutes away. The only downside I would say is if you are on the bottom floor you will hear your neighbors running or stomping above you and there is a limited number of plug outlets. Would stay there again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms ask.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Anaheim Del Sol Inn? Share your experiences!