“Best value--decent rooms right across from main Disney entrance.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #34 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“Best value--decent rooms right across from main Disney entrance.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel twice and enjoyed it both times. We have a 14 year old (who can go from sun up to sun down) and a 7 year old who needs a little rest / pool time in between. I feel perfectly safe leaving my husband and daughter at the park and walking back for a rest. It's literally a 5 minute walk. Another perk is that there is a Denny's in front of the Del Sol, which offers an affordable alternative to eating all your meals at the park. For variety, there is an IHOP and a buffet (we've never tried that) nearby as well.

Last time we had the "kids room"...2 queen beds and a set if kid bunk beds (our 14 year old would be too tall for the bunk beds at 5'5").

It's really a good value. We will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This motel is perfectly located for a family trip, being right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. The area is busy and lots of services available, but the rooms are set back from the street and so are isolated from all the activity. The bunk-bed rooms are great for a family, with lots of accommodation plus a small fridge and microwave.
Having said that, this is an aging facility, so don't expect modern features like an elevator or efficient plumbing. It's just a place to sleep.
On a recent visit the swimming pool was closed (you're paying a daily fee to use it just the same) and the wifi was very weak, but administration indicates both of these have been corrected.
And yes, they do give chocolate chip cookies at check-in!

Room Tip: Bunk-bed rooms are great for families - well-equipped and accommodate everyone.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of two adults and four children and, if you are a family like mine and don't like your kids sleeping on sofa beds or trundles, then the Del sol is a clear choice for a Disney vacation as they offer a family room with two queen beds and bunks.we just left after 7 days in room 116. The sleeping arrangements worked fine but the room is pretty small, a little tired and the carpets not very clean. The good to start, the location is fantastic. It is literally across the street from Disneyland main gate. There are probably only five hotels which could claim to be closer. When you have a seven year old asleep on your shoulders after watching the world of colour and you just want to get her to bed that closeness is priceless. The pool and spa, although small, are great. The pool is cool and the spa is nice and hot. Now for the bad. The shower is terrible, I felt like I barely got wet. We could hear the people moving around in the room above us. That just leaves the neutral. Breakfast was free but was nothing great, toast or waffles, donuts or nominations, two basic cereals, apple or orange, tea, coffee oj or teaberry lemonade. It got pretty old after a couple days and we stayed for a week. As others have said, parking can get a bit tight. I knew they charged for parking but not real happy to get charged for parking at a motel. The staff were all very nice. The hotel is right behind a dennys so keep your eyes out for that and you'll be fine. Would I stay again? Well, I certainly wouldn't rush back, but nor would I rule it out.

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

As someone who travels to Disneyland approximately once a month, I have stayed at alot of hotels in the vicinity of the park. There are some that I will never go back to and while this hotel is not on that list, it is not one that I would jump to return to easily either.

We arrived at around 11am and were fully prepared to not have a room ready but to be able to check in but check in time is 3pm. The lady that "helped" me made me feel like I had totally disrupted her morning by asking to check in and when I was told that check in time was 3pm and I asked if we could at least park our car there it was another disruption because she had to call the guy to come and give me a sticker. I wanted to park because there were spots open and I had read that parking was an issue in the afternoons and evenings so that is why I asked about it. I could have easily driven to the park and parked for free there but since we were already at the hotel, why go thru the hassle of driving again.

My children and I went to the park and I will say that the location and walk to the park was a huge plus!! We stopped and ate at IHOP before crossing the street to the main gate.

At around 2:30, we were hot and looking from a break from the crowds so we headed back to the hotel hoping that maybe they would have our room done even though it was still before the check in time. The same lady "helped" me again and reminded me that check in is at 3pm and that our room would not be available before then. We walked to the mini mart just next door and got some cool drinks to wait. At 3:05, I returned and was told that our room still was not available so we sat outside on the steps to wait. At 3:45, a new girl who had started her shift came and got us and gave us our room keys.

The room was not anything special, it had 2 queen beds and 2 bunk beds that were nice. The room was dated and that was fine but my daughter went to plug in her cell phone and there were spider webs with a spider in it next to her bed. The walls had cracks and the bathroom had tiles that were cracked and broken. The light on the bunk bed did not work and neither did the TV. I called the front desk and asked them to fix the TV and clean the spider. We were in the room for about 2 hours and then left thinking that they would take care of it. When we returned at 11:30pm, nothing had been done.

It took 5 phone calls to get the repair to the TV and they did not ever clean the spider, I finally did that myself. WIFI was spotty at best as well as cell service. We had to lay in a spot on the bed closest to the door and not move to get either to work. Parking was a mess at night so I did not move my vehicle.

The maids arrived at 7:30am both days we were there to clean our rooms which I found amusing that my room was not available until 3:45pm. The walls are paper thin so we could hear the neighbors on both sides as well as above us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location, clean rooms, clean pools, great service, continental breakfast. I've been staying here for years and they give me unbeatable deals because they value their customers and want us happy. Last time we checked in they gave us two chocolate chip cookies :)

Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for three nights recently. I will start with the good:

Amazing Disneyland location- it is literally right across the street.
Clean- the rooms and property were clean although dated looking
Service- The employees were all helpful and very friendly.
The Pool- we did not swim but the pool area looked nice and was very clean. We would have swam if the weather was right.

The not so good:
Parking- holy anxiety attack!! That parking lot is so tiny that I had anxiety just watching my husband try to park the car. They offer valet parking, but it is more like a valet guy who has to park the cars when the lot is too full.At one point cars were parked in front of other cars, blocking them in (that's the valet service). I feel like if your lot is like that then maybe don't charge for parking (just as a courtesy). I worried every day that some one would ding the car because its so tight.
The Building- I know this is a motel and you are staying here for location, not scenery, but the grounds are pretty blah. Not much plant life or decor. Didn't seem like there was any effort put into the property.
Noise- All motels are a little bit noisy but from a second floor room I could hear people talking in the parking lot (and they were not being loud). We were also near the breakfast room and trying to sleep after breakfast started was impossible. I could also hear the people in the next room. Not a place for light sleepers.
Breakfast- the selection was your basic carb filled continental breakfast- waffles (gross), cheap doughnuts, toast and mini muffins. They had a juice machine with oj and lemonade. Both were not good. Also tea and coffee. The biggest problem is that the breakfast room is more like a closet and had 4 tiny tables. After fighting my way though on the first morning we decided that we would pass on the breakfast. You can carry to your room but even waiting to get food in such a tiny place was not worth it!
Beds- I don't think they were old mattresses, so this is probably just my preference, but I though the beds were WAY to hard.
All in all this place was fine. The location makes it worth it. If you go in with low expectations for luxury then you will be happy. It's a place to sleep and that is about it. I wouldn't rush to return here but we are regular Disney visitors and I would consider this place again if the price was right.I don't think I would stay here for more than a quick trip though.

Room Tip: Stay away from the breakfast room area, near the lobby
Plainield, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Although I did not stay at this hotel, the hotel charged me for 2 nights on my credit card for 2 different reservations. If you reserve at this hotel, then cancel, make sure you get the person's name you cancelled with. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN CHARGED FOR A CANCELLED HOTEL! TWICE!!!That is AWFUL customer service, and I will NEVER stay or recommend this hotel to anyone. Again, reserve at your own risk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Anaheim Del Sol Inn? Share your experiences!